5.0 out of 5 stars If I can only have one yoga video, I'll choose this one!
Having done yoga both with videos and in a class, I found this video to be a step above most other yoga videos. It is arranged in three sections, each having multiple workouts. The first section is designed for beginners, with one section teaching a basic set of poses, and two sections with flow-style practices of varying length. That is, the poses flow from one to the...
Published on July 3, 2007 by Tonja R. Nansel

2.0 out of 5 stars Very technical, no relaxation or "zen" quality whatsoever
I guess I'm in the minority but I do not like this DVD at all. I've done several of the workouts and viewed all of them. All of the workouts are basically just Sun Salutations and standing poses rearranged to fit different time frames. Some workouts have weights and bands added to them.

The main thing that bugs me about this DVD is the sterile technicality...
Published on August 12, 2008 by LCW

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD for anyone, September 9, 2007
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I thought this DVD was very innovative and challenging. I have a few yoga DVDs, some from this company, and I thought this was one of the better presentations of yoga I have seen. Great instruction and lots of details for the beginner. There is a whole other section that uses props like light handweights and a resistance band to intensify the yoga postures and really work up a sweat. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga To Learn And Tone, December 31, 2007
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I love this DVD and glad I bought it.

I really enjoy the extra sections using the band for toning, can feel it work and the other levels helped bring along in learning yoga.

Between the instructor (she is great) the scenary (beautiful) and the actual instruction I would highly recommend this DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars For yoga beginners, July 9, 2007
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I absolutely love this video. It is definitely for beginners to the yoga routine. The background scenery and music is soothing and the instructor is very easy to follow and shows the moves so you are doing them correctly. Even though the voice is overlayed onto the movements her voice is not annoying and is actually quite soothing. Can't wait to get good enough for the next leve.

5.0 out of 5 stars This DVD is Amazing!, October 9, 2007
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I love this DVD! It is very creative and I really feel a burn after I do these workouts. I guess as an added bonus I feel relaxed as well. The practices are interesting and creative. The best part is that I feel much more toned and in shape. Great DVD!

4.0 out of 5 stars overweight beginner, August 11, 2009
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I am 100lbs. overweight and take a beginning yoga class at a local gym. This DVD is GREAT for my at home use. I am still doing the beginners section. There are more advanced sequences on the DVD. I am most pleased that when I fall out of a pose the DVD instructor doesn't laugh at me, but I am glad that I have a real person at my local gym that can answer questions and help with modifications. The DVD does not offer many modifications other than the very first sequence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, great start to lose weight, August 28, 2009
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I have bought this DVD about 2 months ago now.

I had only done one class of yoga before, and wanted to start practicing on my own at home, as it was much easier to fit into my schedule.

I weighed 130 lbs, and wanted to lose a little weight and mainly tone my body. By practicing 4-7 days a week (just 20-30 mn and 60 mn once a week), I have lost 6 lbs within 2 weeks and have seen spectacular results: my thighs have significantly reduced in size, as well as my buttocks. It has shaped my body in no time. I had a car accident about two years ago, and have had higher back pain since then. The pain has well reduced and I can feel I am sitting up straighter, and fell much better with my body.

The DVD is well done as it has 3 different chapters that enables to evolve in your practice. However, I was a little disappointed when moving to the "As you progress" chapter, as there were no new poses to learn from. There are just 3 (challenging) flows with the same positions learned before.

I have recommended this DVD to all of my friends, as I think it is perfect for a beginner. I am now looking for another DVD (still for weight loss) but it seems to be pretty difficult! Once you start with Maggie Rhoades' soothing voice and the beach scenery, it's difficult to go back!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginning beginners, March 16, 2008
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
This is a beautifully done video that has well described routines that are easy to follow. The photography is beautiful and the progression is great, with many routines. One is able to progress and add additional strength building routines -- An all star video

However, having said all that -- It is NOT for "beginning" beginners. It assumes a level of physical strength and fitness that many just starting a fitness or relaxation program would not be able to perform. A better video for "beginning" beginners is [[ASIN:B000RE94LU Essential Yoga For Inflexible People.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginners, October 31, 2008
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I have been doing yoga for years and don't feel this would be at all good for beginners. It has fairly good instruction, but does not offer any modifications. She repeatedly does full forward bends, telling people to put their hands on the floor and face on their knees. How many beginners could do that? Down dog is not modified for beginners either. She goes into the full pose straight legs, feet flat- no mention of blocks etc.
For those who have experience and know how to modify for their bodies already it would be okay, but even then, I found it a little boring, because she repeats the same pose over and over and over in each section. I personally like more flow and variety (like Rodney Yee or Suzanne Deason's tapes).
If you like focusing on one pose for a duration and have experience with yoga, this tape's for you. If not, you might want to skip it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very doable for the average person, May 16, 2008
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I'm not quite a couch potato but I'm not exactly a regular exerciser either. In the two months I've been using this DVD I found muscles I didn't know I had...and I'm starting to see them. I feel stronger, have more confidence in how I look and I have more energy. My clothes are fitting better and I just feel really good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for beginner and is not a good flow, October 17, 2011
This review is from: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners (DVD)
I purchased this dvd from amazon and wrote the review probably two times and it was not accepted probably because it was negative. This is my last and final try. I think a review should be allowed positive or negative to get all aspects of the yoga practice from different perspectives.

This yoga is first and foremost not for beginners and then the flow is not good at all. She does not have sections to calm yourself adequately after strenuous circular vinyasas and spends too much time in downward dog than necessary. I do not think most people will have the upper body strength to hold downwards dog for that long. I like the idea of growing into it but this is there in the beginners sequence also.

there is no mind body aspect of yoga at all , it feels like a pilates vedios, dont get me wrong she does give cues for breathing but that is almost it. For some reason vinyasa yogis forget that flows need to be balanced not just right and left body but vigourous and restorative too. if it is just vigourous then there is imbalance.

The other problem i have with this dvd is she doesnt understand the body of an overweight person doing this yoga to loose weight. She doesnt give modifications nor does she acknowledge that starting slow is good. For all these reasons and for the fact that this is marketed as a YOGA dvd for peope wanting to LOSE WEIGHT and to add for BEGINNERS it fell quiet short.

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners
Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners by Michael Wohl (DVD - 2007)
$19.99 $9.49