5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!
Published on May 2, 2010 by J. Mahr

1.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Slippery
Published on December 17, 2010 by Megan Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, May 2, 2010
J. Mahr (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
Since I am 5'11", I LOVED that this mat was extra long. I can finally fit all the way on the mat and not be hanging off of one end! I know many people said it was smelly or slippery, but I did not have that problem. I followed the instructions (unroll the mat and let it air out, then wipe it down) and didn't have any smell or "slippage." I really do like this mat. I can see how some do not like the thickness, but I think that is all in what you prefer (I like the extra cushion it provides).

1.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Slippery, December 17, 2010
I bought this mat based on the price; I have been looking for an affordable mat for ages. Unfortunately, I now have to pay for two mats because this one is terrible. Insanely slippery, and we're talking for basic stretches and poses -- downward-facing dog is near impossible. I've tried it three times and have never been hot or sweaty or anything to cause a slick surface. I literally cannot hold myself in the most basic positions. No grip or traction to speak of. Save yourself the headache and the expense of two mats -- put your dollars toward something of better quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not slippery, April 23, 2014
The primary negative comment I saw for this product stated that it was super slippery. I have not found that to be the case. It came with directions on the paper wrapping it that stated to wash it with a soapy solution first and allow it to dry. I did as instructed and then used it after and it worked well. I did not try using it prior to that to comment on how slippery it was before cleaning. It does have an odor as well, however that is to be expected and seemed to dissipate quickly.

2.0 out of 5 stars More room to slip, July 14, 2010
I'm new to yoga. I researched yoga mats online. It seems like people talk about the thickness 1/16" - 5/8", size 68" - 72", smell, construction materials and grip. This mat is 1/4" thick and 72" long, which is on the larger size. That being said, it's extremely slippery and most of your energy is spent trying to stay on the mat instead of getting deep into yoga postures. I think this should have a warning - NOT FOR HOT YOGA. The mat is probably fine for "regular" yoga.

I've continued my research and I'm getting a Jade mat. The other option would have been to get a yogi toes for on top of this mat. As far as I can tell, they are the best options.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, July 24, 2010
Next time I will pay more for a mat. It's very slippery. My hands slip every single time I'm doing Downward Dog. Now I'm on the hunt for a better mat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mat!, September 2, 2011
Great mat! I've been using it everywhere, on hardcourt, on marble, on tarmac and in my tiled room and it feels great. No slip at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible mat, May 3, 2012
I was excited for a yoga mat with less toxic chemicals, but this mat was horrible. Even though it's 1/4" thick, it provides absolutely no cushioning. The minute you put any weight on it (on a foot, hand, knee, whatever), it squishes right down and you might as well be standing on the floor.

I definitely do NOT recommend this mat.

2.0 out of 5 stars yoga mat, December 27, 2010
This mat is as thick as I expected, but not at all sticky like a yoga mat. I need to put my old yoga mat over it or I slip when I do the yoga poses.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tears in the mat after some use, February 18, 2014
I've used this mat for about 2 months, 2 times a week, and it is starting to tear on one side of the mat. This mat is not durable at all..

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves it!, January 24, 2014
I got this for my husband to do his P90X with. We have hardwood floors, and a rug just wasn't cutting it (no pun intended). He loves how thick it is, which is nice when doing yoga, sit-ups, or any floor exercise. My only criticism is it was not very sticky and he ate it pretty bad one day when it slid out from under him. Still, five stars because it was pretty hilarious! Would buy again!

Yoga Mat Extra Thick Blue