5.0 out of 5 stars Not slippery
Published 8 months ago by HopefullyHelpful

2.0 out of 5 stars More room to slip
Published on July 14, 2010 by Online Shopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Not slippery, April 23, 2014
The primary negative comment I saw for this product stated that it was super slippery. I have not found that to be the case. It came with directions on the paper wrapping it that stated to wash it with a soapy solution first and allow it to dry. I did as instructed and then used it after and it worked well. I did not try using it prior to that to comment on how slippery it was before cleaning. It does have an odor as well, however that is to be expected and seemed to dissipate quickly.

2.0 out of 5 stars More room to slip, July 14, 2010
I'm new to yoga. I researched yoga mats online. It seems like people talk about the thickness 1/16" - 5/8", size 68" - 72", smell, construction materials and grip. This mat is 1/4" thick and 72" long, which is on the larger size. That being said, it's extremely slippery and most of your energy is spent trying to stay on the mat instead of getting deep into yoga postures. I think this should have a warning - NOT FOR HOT YOGA. The mat is probably fine for "regular" yoga.

I've continued my research and I'm getting a Jade mat. The other option would have been to get a yogi toes for on top of this mat. As far as I can tell, they are the best options.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, July 24, 2010
Next time I will pay more for a mat. It's very slippery. My hands slip every single time I'm doing Downward Dog. Now I'm on the hunt for a better mat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mat!, September 2, 2011
Great mat! I've been using it everywhere, on hardcourt, on marble, on tarmac and in my tiled room and it feels great. No slip at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tears in the mat after some use, February 18, 2014
I've used this mat for about 2 months, 2 times a week, and it is starting to tear on one side of the mat. This mat is not durable at all..

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, February 13, 2011
This review is from: Bean Yoga Mat Extra Thick 1/4 inch (6mm), Extra Long 72 inch, Premium Sticky Mat, Non-Toxic SGS certified, Yoga Monster, 22 Color Options (Misc.)
This mat is very cushy and I never feel uncomfortable. It's also a great color. However, my palms sweat a lot and I slip quite a bit. I followed the instructions and washed it before using it, but it didn't make a difference. I know that continued use is supposed to make it better, but it is slippery to the point that it was unusable. I kept sliding and falling over, and I eventually just had to buy a mat-sized yoga towel to put on top of it so I wouldn't get hurt. However, I may as well have just bought a more expensive mat in the first place instead of first paying $18 for the mat and then paying another $22 for the towel. Honestly, if you don't have sweaty hands/feet, then just go with a $5 mat. This one isn't any better. If you do sweat, invest in a more expensive mat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves it!, January 24, 2014
I got this for my husband to do his P90X with. We have hardwood floors, and a rug just wasn't cutting it (no pun intended). He loves how thick it is, which is nice when doing yoga, sit-ups, or any floor exercise. My only criticism is it was not very sticky and he ate it pretty bad one day when it slid out from under him. Still, five stars because it was pretty hilarious! Would buy again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good yoga mat once you fix the slippery surface, October 19, 2012
I had the same problem as the other people here. I went to yoga class with my new mat and I kept slipping on it. I tried washing it with laundry soap (as was suggested on many websites) but it was still slippery. I finally fixed it by rubbing both sides down with a medium grade sandpaper. No more slipping now :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Slippery, November 27, 2010
The overall ratings for this yoga mat were quite positive, so I chose to ignore the reviews that said it was slippery. I am seriously regretting that decision. I would be better off doing yoga right on my hardwood floors. On the plus side, it has a decent thickness, and there is no strong odor. If you're only planning on using it for an ab workout, then it might suit you just fine. But it's fairly useless for holding poses.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea what I'm talking about, February 10, 2013
I know very little about yoga and this is the first yoga mat that I've ever purchased. That being said, I am happy with it.

Yoga Mat Extra Thick Blue