on November 11, 2004
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
This recording has 5 tracks. The first one introduces you to Yoga Nidra - and the following tracks guide you through actual practice.

The guided meditations on this recording are entirely verbal - there is no music in the background.

The introduction is followed with a meditation which guides you into a state of deep relaxation.

The next track guides you through 61 points relaxation - guiding your awareness to 61 different points on your body.

Then follows the practice of ascending breath - inhalations and exhalations begin and end at different parts of your body - ultimately leading to leading the breath up your spine.

The last meditation guides your awareness to your "third eye" - awakening and opening it, going down to your throat chakra and then resting in your heart chakra. You are then guided into the state of emptiness.

The purpose of recording is not only to help you remain conscious while dreaming, but also to help purify your mind and emotions (your energy field) from emotional attachments - attaining a state of deep peace, purify and clarity.

Even though there is no music in the background, the voice is very relaxing and you may find yourself drifting into sleep while listening to it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 25, 2004
Format: Audio CD
As an instructor of meditation, I found this practice profound in experience unlike any other. It not only relaxes and rests the body through deep sleep, it allows one to move beyond mental confines into a place of perfect peace and awareness of the vast and infinite of the unseen dimension. Words are inadequate to express the experience. I use Yoga Nidra for bodily rest as well as developing a deeper spiritual awareness. On a recent cross country (USA) drive of some 2,300 miles, I replaced normal sleeping with Yoga Nidra (deep sleep) and made the trip in 51 elapsed hours. For a deeper spiritual awareness, Yoga Nidra has brought me to the verge of sammadhi and the precipice of the vast unmanifest realm. It has also enhanced my normal meditative practice by moving me into the peaceful state more quickly and consistently.
Yoga Nidra does not require adherence to any particular religion, therefore, it is applicaple to any spiritual aspirant who seeks a deeper relationship with the Divine Creative Intelligence.
on November 5, 2004
Format: Audio CD
This CD is quiet and subtle. It leads the listener (meditator) into a deep restful meditative state. IMHO Music is not included because it would keep the mind of the meditator more active and distracted and thus not allow a state of deeper rest.

After the guided meditation, there are quiet periods on the CD. These quiet periods allow the mind to go deeper into its own spacious, silent meditation. True meditation is profoundly personal and is done in the stillness of ones own mind and heart.

This CD trusts your intutive wisdom, to lead you into the depths of your own shining silence.
on August 26, 2004
Format: Audio CD
Swami J's Yoga Nidra CD adds a wonderful dimension to our Yoga classes. It is flexible in format. For example, after asana and pranayama practice, selections from the CD precede meditation. On other days, the guided yoga nidra is practiced in lieu of meditation. A few students share the following observations:

* "The 61 Points takes me into a deeper relaxation than I have ever before been able to experience," Insurance Agent

* "Spinal Breath is what I really love. Whoosh, whoosh, and the world is gone. It is a pure energy experience," Occupational Therapist

* "Upon facing surgery recently, I used the Yoga Nidra CD for relaxation. I listened to parts 2&3 the afternoon before surgery. The next morning I listened to parts 4&5 before leaving for the hospital. While in the pre-op area, I did my breathing practices. The nurses were teasing me about smiling, reminding me that I was going into surgery! I did great with no medication after surgery and enjoyed a relatively quick recovery. Yoga Nidra made all the difference," Retired teacher of gifted students.

Carolyn Reynolds, Hatha Yoga Instructor. Niceville, FL
on January 17, 2006
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
I just got this cd a few days ago. I've listened to it twice already. The second time I fell asleep before Bharati got through the breathing segment and woke myself up snoring. That tells me something. Swami Bharati doesn't try to seduce you with his voice. He simply guides you through the Yoga Nidra experience. I liked that part about it a lot. I don't know much about Yoga Nidra, I am learning. I have practiced some meditaton exercises, like the candlelight meditation, but as in any practice, be it meditation, or pole vaulting, you need that coaching and reading it from a book, doesn't always help. I tried that with Hatha Yoga and I gave it up after just a several months.

It is helpful to be able to focus on the physical self for that period of time he guides you through the 61 points of the body. The empty, empty part of the 5th segment was a little troubling for me as it is not specific enough, like empty negative thoughts? If I were going to write or be a writer this would be the drug of choice for me. I think it is a very helpful tool and I like the idea that there is no music. It is simple and straight forward, no thrills, no frills, no chills. Very, very relaxing. Thanks to Swami Bharati for sharing this experience.

I also want to take the time to just say how much I appreciate Amazon's efficient service. I have been ordering from Amazon for the past three years and I have yet to have a problem with receiving an order even from the Market Place and I have ordered from the Market Place three or four times. I have only had to return one item and it was a breeze. Thanks Amazon.
on April 17, 2006
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
I had only taken 2 yoga classes and listened to one other relaxation cd before buying this. I am not a friend of the author. I had jetlag from an 11 hour flight and couldn't relax to sleep. I gave my undevoted attention to this CD start to finish wearing noise reduction headphones. I did not fall asleep during the meditation like some reviewers. I DID completely relax, clear my mind of distraction, refresh my body, and experience a physical release of tension that let me fall into sleep 15 minutes later. NO LIE! Be a good listener with desire to learn and you will get something from this meditation.
on August 3, 2004
Format: Audio CD
Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati has provided an excellent aid for relaxation with this Yoga Nidra CD. For a practice whose effects take many months to observe, Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati takes the listener through it in one hour.

As a Yoga teacher, Savasana was recommended by myself as one of the most important practices of Yoga because of its therapeutic and deep relaxation benefits, not to mention its spiritual effects. Tracks 2 through 5 of this CD take the listener through a very comprehensive 61-point body survey which makes the listener aware of each and every part of his body. At certain points, I must confess that I could even feel the tingling in my extremities and emanation of body heat, which can be observed whenever deep conscious relaxation occurs.

I would recommend this CD as a must-have relaxation tool for every student of Yoga.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 29, 2004
Format: Audio CD
This CD is a must for all searchers. It will certainly help to stabilize one's mind and will alter the way you experience your being. As this process unfolds it is necessary that you to continue the practice. Do not let a sense of well being lull you into any diversion. Continue the work for it is rewarding.

Ray T Parmley M.D.
on January 19, 2007
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
This CD is my 1st introduction to Yoga Nidra and I thoroughly enjoy using the Yoga Nidra techniques on this CD. I have difficulty falling asleep at nights. After reading the product description & seeing the high rating from reviewers who've used the CD, I decided to give it a try.

This CD is fabulous! I find that listening to this CD regularly at bedtime has helped me to relax. There are 6 tracks on this CD with no music, just the soothing sound of Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati's voice gently guiding you through the Yoga Nidra exercises.

The first track is a wonderful introduction to what Yoga Nidra is and explains what is to come on the CD. The remaining 5 tracks are the actually practice of Yoga Nidra itself, which can be done all together as an entire practice or done alone (i.e. you can just listen to one or two

tracks by themselves).

Great CD for deep relaxation!
on August 17, 2004
Format: Audio CD
I have been meditating daily for over 5 years, and find that Swami Jnaneshvara's guided 1 hour session will take me to a much deeper place than I am able to get to by myself. In a gradual, comfortable progression, the mind becomes increasingly quiet. One immediate benefit is deep relaxation and reduction of the stress caused by incessant thinking. A more profound benefit is the experience of being truly present and the logging of some time on the path to lasting inner peace.