Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on April 19, 2012
Over 40 now, I have always been active, but this winter I had a sudden onset of back pain and weakness in my muscles. This DVD is not difficult, but the stretches you do, do amazing things for your body. I could feel and briefly hear things realign the first time I used it. With each use I gained even more flexibility, and pain dissipated after the first viewing and disappeared after the second! Amazing... when you do the exercises you think they are so easy... but the results are literally healing! This DVD is for everyone - young or old! Highly Recommend!
p.s. DVD works well on Mac.

Hello again... I see some follow-up questions are being asked, so posting the DVD description to clarify.

"In Easy Yoga for Easing Pain, Peggy provides a path to relief for you if you suffer from varying levels of pain in your muscles or joints. Peggy's newest routine demonstrates yoga movements that can increase your flexibility, reduce joint pain, even combat fatigue and enhance overall wellbeing.

Unrelenting joint pain can be a result of arthritis, injury, or repetitive motion, and it can affect anyone. All too often, pain becomes a vicious cycle, making us hesitant to be active.

This gentle yoga workout presents a reasonable plan to help pain sufferers overcome this cycle and transform their lives.

This four-part yoga routine includes:

Seated exercises and yoga poses for the upper body.
Seated exercise and yoga poses for the lower body.
Standing yoga sequence for the hips and legs, with the aid of a chair if needed.
Relaxation and meditation.

Plus, there are 3 BONUS sections on Easy Yoga for Easing Pain:

Resistance Band Exercise, using stretchy bands to both warm-up and strengthen core muscles in your shoulders, upper back, and chest.
Bounce and Shake, a tried-and-true, simple exercise from Qi Gong that is fun, easy, and has the ability to generate energy throughout your body.
Documentary: Meet Peggy's real-life students whose aches and pains were eased with the introduction of a simple yoga routine.

Easy Yoga for Easing Pain - Yoga for the Rest of Us DVD Contents
5 Part 4: Relaxation and Meditation 9:31
6 Bonus - Resistance Band Exercises 13:38
7 Bonus - Bounce and Shake 4:54
8 Bonus - Documentary: Easing Pain Through Yoga 37:30
55 comments|398 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
Yoga is slower than msny other forms of exercise - more stretching than many./ This is even easier - lots of time in chairs - not all up and down using your legs - easier that a lot of other tapes/dvd. Easier on older bones & joints.
11 comment|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2012
Upon receiving Peggy Cappy's DVD I was hesitate not knowing if it would suit me. I am a sixty-four year old who walks every day and tries to stay healthy for my grandchildren. I did the first exercise of stretching and quickly felt the results in my body to know how out of shape I really was. Knowing walking alone just didn't cut it, that I needed to relax those muscles that Peggy talks about. I love the meditation at the end, it is truly a great DVD for anyone who is beginning Yoga as I am. I would say get this DVD (as advertised on PBS) and you will love it. There is so much on it to stretching, to meditation, bouncing, and using tension bands. Well worth the money compared to some of the nonsense out there. I hope this review helps since I also turn to reviews to see how people like different products, it's very helpful. Good luck, as I am thrilled with this DVD.
0Comment|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2012
I got this for my mom that can't walk very well and has breathing problems. She loves it. It really does ease pain and her breathing has improved. She look forward to doing yoga now. She was in so much pain before and didn't want to workout. Now she does workouts everyday since it makes her feel so much better. This video is a must have for people with limited mobility!
0Comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2012
It's no wonder that Peggy Cappy has improved so many people's lives through yoga. Although she is one of the world's masters, she makes yoga accessible to all--including people who've practiced it for years, but also those like me, who never did yoga until discovering her work. I've memorized her "Yoga for the Heart" DVD, because the sun salutations provide a great cardio workout that's easy to do at home or while travelling. I'm a big fan of her CDs as well, including the ones for Stress Relief, and for Easy Meditation. Well here is another winner! This DVD is nicely divided into sections so that you can focus on whatever part of your body needs most help. For me, it's hips and legs, and the lower-body workout in this DVD is terrific! Already, after only a few sessions, my legs have stopped aching. I've also noticed that the upper-body sequence is great for good posture as well as pain-relief. There's even a bonus section teaching a simple qi gong energizer that's convenient for when you just have a few minutes here or there. I've shared Peggy's DVDs and CDs with my neighbors, who then end up buying their own copies. In this one, as in all of them, Peggy's soothing voice and encouraging attitude make the experience a joy. And personally, I don't like workout DVDs by supermodel types. Peggy is of course extremely fit, as well as beautiful, yet she looks like a real person, which is so nice to see.
22 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2012
I was so happy to see this on Amazon - best price. This EASY YOGA for EASING PAIN is a great workout. I have vertigo so I can't do all the yoga workouts I used to do. The older I get -63 - the more I need to stretch. I felt like I got a good stretch workout from this DVD. [[ASIN:B000V5YP1O Yoga for the Rest of Us - Back Care Basics]
on April 17, 2013
For someone that has never ever done yoga before, I was having a hard time keeping up, thinking it was just me I kept trying. My husband walked in and didn't see it, just heard her and said "she needs to go slower". I thought the breathing was suppose to be slow and deep, I almost felt like I was panting to keep up. I will probably save this Dvd for when I get better at it but I don't feel this was a good one for true beginners. I'm also not sure I was doing some correctly because my back hurt for several days after.
on March 11, 2014
This group of exercises is easily accessible to those of us who are older or who have chronic muscle &/or joint issues. It does move VERY slowly. When I am having a flair of my chronic fibromyalgia it is tempting to take a pain pill and just sit. Going through this very gentle series of moves (more like stretches and flexings) does lower the pain and help me feel more able to go about my day. It is also a good way to end a more than normally active day.
on December 30, 2012
I do pilates and this video was to augment that and force me to use different muscles on alternative days of pilates activity. It is just that. Peggy is clear, concise, peaceful in her delivery. A real buy for anyone who likes to stretch those areas we don't stretch in everyday activities. I have had other Peggy Cappy materials and all are very sensible and not overwhelming in their challenge.
on May 6, 2014
The moves seem easy enough, but the photography leaves a lot to be desired. As a newbie to yoga, I need to see the moves she is talking about, especially as she changes to another positon, not the red spot on Jim's arm or a close-up of someone's face, when she's talking about a different position of the arms. It just makes me angry to watch it & I know that's not the mindset I need for yoga. I can't even watch the whole thing.