4.0 out of 5 stars Good, and could be great with a few tweaks.
I wanted to ride my bike to yoga. I wanted a bag that would allow me to carry my mat as well as my clothes, water bottle, towel, etc in a nice, balanced way. A mat strap and backpack was not comfortable.

Published 20 months ago by Rabbit

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal in theory
Published 20 months ago by Shanti

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, and could be great with a few tweaks., June 21, 2013

This bag is great for biking. It keeps everything together and having the mat flat against my back even seems like it helps my riding form. I definitely have to strap the mat low on the pack so it doesn't bump the back of my head, but once I figured that out, it was smooth cycling.

There are a few things that could improve this bag. The water bottle pocket is kinda odd. It zips up, for some reason. Still, it holds a big ol' 32 oz water bottle, which I need for my hot yoga. I wish there was a similar pocket on the other side. The YogaSak doesn't have a good all purpose exterior pocket for your wallet, phone, keys, etc. A big zip pocket opposite the water bottle would add balance and utility.

Don't put your cell phone into the nonsense phone pocket on the strap if you're biking. It doesn't hold well. Hearing the telltale clack and skitter sound of your phone falling onto the pavement in traffic is not a good feeling, nor is picking up all the pieces and hoping none of them get run over.

It's still the best bag I've found for a cyclist yogi, and a few improvements would make it phenomenal. They did a great job with the mat carrying part, and if they put a little more effort into the rest of the bag, they'd have a real winner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal in theory, June 25, 2013
Not the best if you carry props like blocks to class. Yes, they fit, but the main compartment is right against the back with the mat storage further away from the torso. Would probably not be a problem with a light mat. Since I lug a heavy Manduka black pro around, this design really throws my center of mass off, and makes me feel as if someone's tugging at me from behind. Had high hopes for this as I love the backpack style otherwise.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, June 23, 2013
I have mixed feelings about this sak. On one hand, yes it fits your mat, two blocks and a strap, and it's nice to be able to have your hands free. On the other hand, it does not fit your blanket, or yoga clothes if you have your two blocks. I am the type of yogi that basically takes my entire home practice to the studio because I like using my own blanket, and I have an extra long manduka mat. If you're the type of yogi that has a normal or thin mat (traveler or jade mat), and use the studio's props, this might be the sak for you. However, one more thing I don't like about it, is that the velcro is so loud. After shavasana, when I have to put my stuff away, it always feels a little embarrassing and jarring at how loud my sak is....

4.0 out of 5 stars The only bag that fits XL mats and you can ride a bike with, August 11, 2013
Yedidya (Tel Aviv, Israel) - See all my reviews
I am about 6' tall, not really tall, but tall enough to need a long and wide mat. I tried several solutions to carrying the XL while riding a bike and this was the only one. Now, I can't blame the bag that the XL either hits my helmet or my the seat, but I thought that unless you are 6'2" or taller, you might hit that problem (really it is only an inch or two and I think of just cutting it off the mat). I fit everything into the bag, water, spare shirt and stuff in the main cell. There are two reasons this is not a 5, one the finish is a little on the plastic side, I would have paid an extra 20 bucks for a canvas bag. The other is hard access to the main cell when the XL is in (doesn't happen with a standard sizes mat). Overall, I am very happy, if they ever come out with a better finish I would be the fist to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars EDIT: AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Yoga Sak, the Ultimate Sport Bag/Multi Purpose Backpack. Fantastic for Yoga, Hiking, Biking, Travel, Gym, School/Office (Misc.)
Edit: 5/21/2013:

Since leaving my original feedback, I have since been contacted directly by Dan, owner of Yoga Sak. I have to say their level of customer service and satisfaction is second to none, as they are replacing the defected bag for me. In addition, they are upgrading the design of the bag soon to accommodate for heavier yoga mats. Amazing level of support for a very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT, May 9, 2013
I've finally found an easy, effortless way to carry my mat, towel, clothes, and everything I need for yoga class on my bike. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool bag!, December 19, 2014
I just received my yoga sak the other day which I purchased from their website. I have not used the product yet but I think the design is brilliant.

I have a pretty small mat and it fits just fine. Plenty of room for a pair of shoes and a towel, but I wouldn't be able to fit shoes and blocks. There are tons of "trinket" pockets to put other stuff in, and a big pocket for my water bottle. I think this is a way more practical design than the cloth type bags, especially for someone who rides their bike or takes their mat hiking.

Pros: Practical, comfortable, great design.

Cons: A few imperfections (loose thread ends). They looked to be secure and I do not foresee any problems.
Not as big as I thought it would be, but I should be able to fit everything just fine.

I will update after a few months of use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made but not that simple, October 17, 2013
Well made and nice looking. Takes more time to pack and wrap than just dumping your things in a bag. Probably not needed to just tote your things from your car to class, but if you're trekking a way or riding a bike, this makes more sense.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good in Theory, October 14, 2013
2 1/2 stars. I really like the idea of this mat bag, I like the the style and function. What I don't like is that this product has not lasted very long, I've only had a couple of months and the seams are already falling apart in several places. I don't think this bag can handle heavy mats such as the Jade Harmony and Elite.

Pros:
Makes carrying heavy mats much easier, especially using public transportation
Holds a lot of stuff

Cons:
Not strong enough to hold heavy mats for long, straps falling apart and bottom mat holder/protector nearly ripped off
Pockets on folding flaps are extraneous as most people carry their id's and things in a wallet or purse
Velcro is really loud and they are not needed to secure the mat
Why is the water bottle holder in a zippered compartment? why isn't there something on the other side to balance it out?

5.0 out of 5 stars Ballin' Out with my new Yoga Sak!, August 4, 2014
When I received the notification that the yoga sak had been delivered I was anxious to check it out. I was expecting a box but there was nothing on my doorstep when I arrived. Apparently it was stuffed right into my mailbox! Nonetheless, the bag is surprisingly huge... able to fit a fullsize mat, 3 sets of clothes, 2 towels, lunch, and a waterbottle. I ordered the Steel Grey color and it's pretty fashionable. The bag is quite rugged. I have a fully padded lulu mat (quite heavy) and can still jog at a fast pace without fear of my mat falling out. The strap clips are very convenient. One of my favorite yoga accessories I've purchased to date.