5.0 out of 5 stars Working Out Well
Published on January 7, 2012 by R. Vandre

2.0 out of 5 stars So-so
As someone who has done a lot of yoga vidoes, I decided to give this one a shot since it has so many routines of different lengths and is customizable.

Published 15 months ago by CRK

2.0 out of 5 stars So-so, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Yoga for Weight Loss (Deluxe 3 DVD set with over 30 routines)) (DVD)

I was immediately disappointed by the "many different lengths" that mainly turned out to be 40+ minutes, especially if you want to get a good work out in. I also don't care for the woman who does the weight loss videos, her transitions are terrible and are timed in a manner that either requires you to breathe quickly or have to extend your breathing to an unbearable point. I also felt that way about the strength and flexibility workouts I tried, but I at least felt like I got a pretty good work out doing them. Although I must say I was exhausted due to the lack of breathing. In the few workouts I did there were no "modifications for less-flexible people." In fact, there was barely enough explanation of breathing and proper movement for anyone.

If you're a beginner, there isn't really enough instruction to be able to do the video without looking. I definitely prefer Rodney Yee by a mile and will be returning to Gaiam yoga workouts. I feel like they provide a much better flow and a feeling of accomplishing a great workout without feeling rushed through moves. Due to the quickness and poor communication of movements I felt like there were a lot of places where beginners may have been prone to incorrectly complete movements, leading to a wasted workout and possibly injury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working Out Well, January 7, 2012
I have not had this set a long time as of now, but so far it is exactly what I wanted in terms of yoga getting me into shape. It has a nice variety of styles and approaches in the three videos, from some basic and beginner things to start you out, to using weights and bands on one (I am not there yet in adding these alot) and different style of flowing yoga, a slower one which really works on stretching and strengthing and a faster flow on another video. I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like The Options, February 8, 2012
I had not really worked out using yoga before and was happy that the videos took that into account in this set with alot of material to work with that was easy and set up to instruct beginners,

Probably around 1/3 or so were things that I was able to work with right away. Then there is still alot more to work with later on. Have done/watched some of the more than beginner workouts, and this will be something I can use These three DVDs have everything you need from, beginner level to very advanced level, so there is a good amount to work with. The workouts get longer and more challenging, and also include things on some videos using weights and toning bands on one of the DVDs. Very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toning up, July 13, 2012
I'm not brand new to yoga, but also by no means advanced. I'd say I'm just making the jump from experienced beginner to new intermediate. I do it for a strength and flexibility workout, and I have to say that this has been a great set. Power Yoga, it is a slower Power Yoga that is amazing for building muscle tone and really getting in tune with your body mechanics. The routines with hand weights on Weight Loss are also some of my favorites from any DVDs I have. The Flow Yoga is nice too. It has overall routines and also has routines that just focus on one part of the body, which is good if you have something you need to work on. If you are starting out to yoga, use the beginning and basics levels on the Power and Weight Loss. I used it as a refresher and it breaks things down well for beginners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for some quick yoga, April 30, 2012
As a new mom, I needed a DVD with lots of routines with different lengths. This is perfect for what I need. I can't always get to the yoga studio, so this is great for me to do when the kids are napping or late night when they are sleeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga for everyone, April 10, 2012
Having never purchased a similiar product before, was dubious but given the exceptional price, 'how could you go wrong?' The 3 disk set provides for multiple levels appropriate for any age or level of fitness. My husband is 60 and found a workout that met his fitness needs right away. I have been taking yoga classes for a year and wanted something more advanced. I found several different workouts that I can rotate thru. It is great and I recommend it to everyone. We all need to relieve stress, get fit and breathe deeply!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, April 14, 2012
Love these DVDs! I had never done yoga before and they were perfect for beginners. Now I love doing it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not easy and just what I wanted, July 21, 2012
I disagree that this is not for beginners. It is difficult for a beginner at first but you gain strength right away and it becomes challenging, in a good way. It is exactly what I was looking for. These DVD's are great bc you can select the length of the routine and you can add warm-up and cool downs. Plus it doesn't have a long intro that doesn't allow you to fast forward like most. Never have I seen so much variety in a set of DVD's. I'm very pleased and can't wait to try all of the routines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teachers, March 2, 2012
The teachers are really good on this set with things to make it easy to follow. The Yoga Weight Loss DVD starts off with some basic things, including using chairs for support if you need it, then continues from there with a couple of more levels. The Power Yoga has three levels of beginning, intermediate and advance levels, while the Flow is a more general overall video. Start with the lower levels of the Weight Loss and Power Yoga DVDs and work from there. That is what I have done and very happy with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, February 19, 2012
I am enjoying this set alot after using it for a couple of months now. Like the variety of the different DVDs in terms of time, styles and how they teach you.

Yoga for Weight Loss (Deluxe 3 DVD set with over 30 routines))
$39.99 $19.29