5.0 out of 5 stars Finally... the perfect bag for my Manduka Black Pro
Published 19 months ago by Jasper

3.0 out of 5 stars Idea great, implementation soso
This is the only yoga pack I could find that I could wear as a back pack. It does have two straps so I can run or walk with it on my back without having to carry it. That is nice and a rare find.

Published 18 months ago by MJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Idea great, implementation soso, March 20, 2013

I do have some issues. First it is not really designed with should straps, it's just two straps attached to a ring at the top, similar to the way handles are attached to some purses. This makes it useful both as a handle and as shoulder straps although it's not as comfortable as a traditional backpack where the shoulder straps are sewed on. I can't have the straps really tight or the plastic ring might press into the back of my neck. The straps just click on to the ring, so the straps can be removed.

Second it is not particularly large. I have a regular Yoga mat and a blanket rolled up in it and it just barely fits.Thicker or larger Yoga mats may not fit. Also it has a pocket which is rectangular and deep for what I thought would be a block but it is not big enough for my 4" block.

The material seems good quality. I appreciate the workmanship but the ergonomics could use improvement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally... the perfect bag for my Manduka Black Pro, February 17, 2013
Jasper (Langhorne, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This bag fits my Manduka Black Pro 85" x 26" mat perfectly! First, it's large enough to easily fit the mat in it, it has mesh vent panels so I don't have to rush to open it following a sweaty workout, it has a smaller outside pocket to hold my yoga strap, keys, wallet, etc., and also has an outside mesh water bottle pocket. I haven't tried to fit a yoga block in the main compartment with the mat but I'm thinking it just may fit. The bag also comes with two shoulder straps to wear it like a backpack but, since I'm not within walking or biking distance of a yoga studio, I'll only use one strap to carrying it over one shoulder. The recycled material isn't noisy and the zipper opens about half way down the length of the bag so it's easy to slide the mat inside (much better than a top opening bag). Lastly, the 'Yoga Rat' logo looks cool which my wife liked enough so much that she purchased one of their mats to try! The only 'negative', if I had to search for one, is that the bag looks a little like a miniature golf club travel bag (but no stars deducted for this!).

Update: There is no way a yoga block would fit in the bag along with my Manduka Black Pro. I used the bag for the past year and still very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Mat Bag, January 9, 2013
This review is from: NEW! MatPak YOGA BAG by YogaRat. Durable and versatile yoga mat bag holds your yoga mat and other essential gear. Made from recycled plastic bottles. Accommodates even XL mats of up to 26" x 85"! (Misc.)
Love the size: fits my large lululemon mat, with room for my large towel in the ventilated outside pocket. Has a good sized side zip pocket for cell phone or a purse/wallet easily. Stretchy net pocket perfect for water bottle- deep enough for a big water bottle. The handle on the side wasn't obvious in the picture, but makes it easy to grab the bag, as does a handle on the top, too. Or of course, use the straps to either be backpack or cross body. I would just like one little zip pocket for an ID or change, but I'll be fine without it. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoughtful Design, March 6, 2013
Hanna R (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This bag is fantastic! I am so happy with my purchase. The bag is well-made and wonderfully designed. I ride my bike to yoga and the padded double strap is perfect for wearing it as a backpack. It's nice to have the single strap option as well. My water bottle fits perfectly, along with a small microfiber towel, in the front pockets. There is plenty of space in the side pocket for my keys, cell, etc. My yoga mat is 72" long and 1/8" thick and there is ample room leftover in the main pocket. I really appreciate the thought that was put into the design with small handles on the front and top for easily grabbing the bag, all of the pockets, the mesh on the sides for ventilation, and the strap options. It's comfortable to wear this bag and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a new mat bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product that holds my e-reader, February 4, 2013
sgonzo "sgonzo" (Clemmons, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted a mat bag to also hold my tablet reader for commute. The pocket under the u-shaped zippered pocket has plenty of room. The opening is 6" by 10", but the pocket is 7" x 14" x 1.5" approx. Side pocket is 12" x 6" by 1.5 to 2" inside. Straps have swivel which makes putting it on the back quickly work great. Holds my extra thick mat easily.

One of the better products I've purchased, as every aspect is well thought out and designed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yoga bag back pack, September 3, 2013
beach_calif (Redondo Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have had several yoga bags with traditional single strap. Since back surgery, I needed to upgrade to a light backpack style to keep a straight back while walking 3/4 mile to the gym. There are not many bags like that out there. I found and ordered one from YogaRat. I love the bag design mostly but found one irritation. When I walk with the bag wearing it backpack style, the single D ring that is used to cinch both straps is not a good idea. As I walk, the bag swings back and forth at the top. I wish that there was 2 D rings, one for each strap. I plan on making an adjustment myself and stitch the two straps to the sides and removing the clips. I also wish the small round arch pocket had a two way zipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for big mats, March 25, 2013
I have a Stott Pilates Express Mat which is very thick. I checked the measurements of this bag and hemmed and hawwed over whether or not this would fit. I spent days...weeks really...searching for other options...I wanted a tote...I wanted a backpack...I didn't care I just wanted a bag. I finally picked this one and IT FITS!

I like wearing this bag with one strap, and I can sling it over my shoulder like a purse or a traditional yoga mat bag. I walk about a mile to pilates class so this is a great bag for me. The only things I would change is the strap is a little squeeky. I would have made it a rubberized ring design. Not a big deal. Also, I would make the waterbottle holder cinch in.

If you are looking for similar deluxe yoga mat bags, look at the Yoga Sak and the Hotdog Rollpack Yoga Mat Bag. Both are very unique designs, but I like the YogaRat bag the best because you can wear it 3 ways. It is made with quality materials, and seems very sturdy. I am very happy with my choice!

One more thing, if you buy this bag from LeftLaneSports you can get it cheaper. I told Amazon this and they didn't lower the price. Enjoy! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Backpack is an after thought., May 16, 2013
There are very few options for yoga mat "backpacks", so I was excited to find the MatPak by Yoga Rat. I ride my bike to yoga a lot and finding a suitable way to carry my mat has always been an issue, so I was excited to try this out. Unfortunately the "backpack" option was an after thought and more of a marketing ploy than a useful feature. I imagine the conversation at Yoga Rat went something like this...

Marketing Guy #1 "Here's our new yoga mat bag. How can we differentiate it from all the rest?"
Marketing Guy #2 "Lets include TWO shoulder straps and we can call it a backpack."
Marketing Guy #1 "Brilliant!"

The "backpack" feature really is just two shoulder straps. They do add a second ring towards the bottom of the bag to help separate the straps out, but when you put this on and walk around or ride a bike, you feel an uncomfortable pinching feeling in the neck/shoulders.

If you are looking for a backpack style mat bag, don't bother with this one. If you are looking for a standard over-the-shoulder mat bag, this one is okay, but spend a little extra and get a Manduka bag or other high quality bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Rat Bag, February 2, 2013
So far the Yoga Rat bag is working out great. I use it for class and bring it as a carying on when I frequantly travel on planes. My Yogo block fits perfictly in the front zipper pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for large, heavy, sticky yoga mats., July 1, 2014
RJC "NJ Foodie" (Guttenberg, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This bag is indeed spacious. Holds my massive Jade Fusion mat, towel and water bottle with room to spare.
I agree with previous reviewers that the zipper should go all the way down, rather than 2/3 down. My Jade Fusion is sticky as glue and needs completely open space to easily enter and exit.
I've been using the single over-the-shoulder strap. Not the most comfortable. Will soon swap this strap for one of the seemingly gazillions that I have accumulated.
On a minor note, prior to my enormous Jade Fusion mat, my previous yoga bags were made of cloth/cotton - a lot more cuddly than the somewhat scratchy nylon fabric used in the Black MatPak.
Bottom line - If you have a large, heavy, sticky yoga mat, this is a bag that you should consider.

Rate and Discover Movies