5.0 out of 5 stars Makeup Optional Skin
Published on June 23, 2012 by Pretty Robin

1.0 out of 5 stars NOOO
Well I really liked the taste...However, I started using this two days ago ( two cups with one tea bag each) and I have had the worst breakout of my life.
My skin is generally clear with a couple of dark spots and sometimes a pimple or two, so I wanted to try this for the "glow" it's supposed to give you.
Only a couple of hours after my first cup I...
Published 9 months ago by Charlene Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Makeup Optional Skin, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I have been struggling with hormonal acne for a couple of years now. As an African-American, it leaves dark spots on my face. I tried aaaaallll the acne products out there that just made my skin dry, or would treat the acne, but wld still leave spots. If I tried lightening my spots, then I would breakout...a vicious looping cycle. I recently have been using natural products like African soap and unrefined shea butter which is more cost effective for me which work well, but still needed something to epedite the process. I decided to add THIS tea to my regimine, and I am hooked! I use 5 bags to make a gallon of cold tea to drink throughout the day. The taste was ok at first, but after a week, I noticed that I DONT BREAKOUT ANYMORE! The benefits outweigh the taste. And whats great as well is that my dark spots on my cheeks are getting lighter. My skin just glows, supple, and more even toned. My cleansers and moisturizers work for me instead of against me. I originally bought this at a whole food store, but saw that it was on Amazon, so now I am on autoship - never want to be without. This tea is a game changer for me....on my way to makeup optional skin!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit unbelievable really...., January 27, 2011
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
UPDATE:
It's been quite a qhile since I ordered my first box of Skin Detox tea, and have ordered it periodically since. I have the awful habit of using skin detox tea until my skin looks great, then not buying the tea for a while until I notice my skin becoming worse.
I have to say, that this tea has helped my skin quality in general mroe than any product that I have used. I have at times applied the tea topically as well for stronger effects, but it isn't neccessary for the tea to work. I've decided that i am going to actualyl keep myself in a constant supply of the tea, and drink it each day, as opposed to only after bad breakouts, to take a more proactive rather than reactive approach.

Ad for the taste, I actually like it now. it took getting used to, but I find the taste calming and comforting now, as opposed to tolerable before.

Anyway, if you have any hesitation whatsoever about tryig this tea for your skin, buy a box at the grocery store to try it out. I can almost guarantee that with regular use, though, your skin will improve.

PRIOR REVIEW:
My first review, couldnt help myself!

I heard some good things about this tea from a friend and decided that it couldnt hurt to order, as i am an avid tea-drinker anyway.

Right before the tea arrived I began a horrendous breakout, the worst that I had had in years even. The entire left side of my face was covered in acne, perhaps a reaction from a new face-wash, that i since have been scared to touch!
Well a few days following the breakout the tea arrived. I figured there was no better situation really than this to try the tea so over the course of two weeks, besides general rinsing in the shower i have used no face wash, no creams or ointments, nothing. And my acne is almost gone!

nothing new has popped up and everything that had been there is almost completely gone, i even notice acne scars fading if possible. my ance is literally drying up, as if i was using some sort of heavy cleanser or astringent, it is quite ridiculous. I am already looking at my budget to see if i have enough to order another batch.

I used about 3 bags a day, one cup about midday with two tea bags, and one before bed with a single bag.

The tea has a flavor that takes getting used to, both strong and weak at the same time, hard to explain. i don't use sugar so i don't know how it tastes with anything added.

either way, it cant hurt so try it, i say!

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it really working?, February 13, 2013
Mancini24 (Trinidad and Tobago) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
OK! So I've purchased the six pack of this as seen here after reading various reviews about this tea. I decided I'd give it a try! I had very high expectations out of it, like a miracle in a box kind of expectation. Now after completing one box of this tea, here's my review:

I couldn't quite figure out IF this was actually doing my skin any good at all. It didn't make me break out, nor did it 'ease' my severe acne problem.
I haven't noticed any 'glow' as some claim they've seen either.
It definitely does 'detox' or more over in general, purify the body as I did experience a cleanse. I had to cups a day. One in the morning, one at night.
While using this tea, I realized I'd get really hungry right after, like it stimulates the appetite (or at least it did for me).

All in all, to summarize my experience, it has a nice flavor, its very good for a 'cleanse' but I can't quite say if it has any effect on my skin at all. I haven't noticed any change, but I will continue to use the other 5 boxes in hope of better skin!

***********************
UPDATE!

Currently on my 3rd box now and I must say I'm seeing results! Surprisingly my acne scars are much lighter especially on my chest, back area, also on my face. It doesn't prevent me from breakouts but I'm hoping it will have an effect!

As for the glow, its definitely there! Every time I wash/cleanse my skin, it really does have a natural glow to it! Its amazing! The results took a little bit longer for me but its worth the wait!
Definitely will order again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
Tea smells and tastes amazing. It really did improve my skin. I have adult acne and even through PMS, I only got 2 small pimples when I usually get a full face break out. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TEA FOR SKIN ISSUES!, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
This tea has been helpful in reducing my eczema outbreaks. It is delicious. I highly recommend it to anyone with skin problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something Finally Works for my Skin!!!!!!!, September 30, 2012
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
First of all, I must admit that this is my very first product review. Usually, I have never taken the time to provide any type of feedback on products; however, I had to make an exception this time. I didn't believe skin detox tea would work, even after I read the reviews so I purchased one box of Yogi DeTox tea from a local store since they didn't have the skin detox kind. Well after drinking it, I noticed a difference the very next day, but it made my stomach hurt. I just assumed that it was ridding my body of toxins. About 2 weeks later, I ordered the Skin DeTox tea from Amazon because I couldn't find it anywhere else. I wish I had taken before and after pictures because the results are amazing. My skin has not looked this good in years and I have only been drinking this tea for about a month now, two weeks of the detox tea and about 2 weeks of the skin detox tea. The only reason I took so long to write this review is because I thought that after a few days, my bumps would return. Well so far so good...I have 2 or 3 bumps on my entire face, but I use to have acne all over my face until I started drinking the skin detox tea. Everyday, the bumps are getting smaller and smaller. I use to put all kinds of creams and dermatologist recommended ointments all over my face, but lately I've only been using the Cetaphil antibacterial soap and drinking the skin detox tea every morning. I use two tea bags a day which makes me one large cup of tea. I guess it really equates to about two regular size cups of tea a day. I really pray that it continues to work for me because I'm so happy about the look of my skin and haven't felt so good in years. Anyway, just order it and try it. If it worked for me, then it bet it will do some good for you too. Plus, it's cheaper than all of the other acne products on the market that do absolutely nothing at all. Oh, the acne on my chest and back is completely gone and I've noticed a glow of my skin all over my body. I hope this review helps somebody to at least give this tea a try. I never thought that my acne would clear up by just drinking some tea, but I am so glad it did. Oh, some of the other reviews talked about the tea having a bad taste. Well it tastes really good to me and I would drink muddy water if it would clear my skin. That's how bad I've been wanting to have nice skin. The taste is not bad at all, I add a little honey and I love it, but if you don't like it, I bet you will continue to drink it once you see what it can do for your skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars SORCERY, December 21, 2013
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
This tea is bomb. I don't know what it does specifically, but when I'm drinking it every day, my skin looks amazing, and when I'm not, my skin looks "meh". I have a 20oz glass LifeFactory watter bottle, and I fill it with hot water and use two tea bags. I drink this throughout the morning. The taste is lightly floral and pleasant, which is a bonus because I would drink anything with these kinds of results. I am VERY acne prone. I must avoid all sugars, grains, and dairy to look like a normal person and not the "before" picture of an acne cream infomercial. I believe this tea reduces inflammation caused by environmental toxins, and my odd, once-in-a-while diet cheat. Nobody is perfect, and I can't bring myself to eat broccoli and steamed fish (or whatever "safe" foods I'm allowed) every single day. If you try this tea and experience no results, I STRONGLY recommend examining your diet for the most common causes of inflammation: Dairy, gluten, sugar, and excess carbohydrate. This tea is not a substitute for improved diet. If you have persistent acne, look up a list of anti-inflammatory foods and eat them every day, forsaking all else. Trust me, it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS STUFF SERIOUSLY WORKS! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!, October 11, 2014
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I had been suffering from hormonal or cystic acne ever since last summer. I am a male and in my mid twenties. My face got better since the beginning of this year. But some time during the end of August the cystic acne came back. I desperately tried looking for a solutions. I tried many products in the past before such as proactive, clean and clear, neutragena..etc. They somewhat worked in the beginning but not for the long-term. Then I tried oxy which worked for a while since it has benzoyl peroxide. Unfortunately, cystic acne is too severe for it to handle. I told myself if neither products work like it was designed to do, then there must be something wrong inside in my body. It could stress or something else. I exercise a lot and I do drink a lot of green tea. Actually, I drink all kinds of tea in general. I came across this Yogi tea at the market many times before but never tried it. Somehow I came across this Yogi Skin Detox online as I was trying to search for a solution for my skin. I took the time and read each and every one of the reviews. I said okay it doesn't hurt to try since I love drinking tea. I purchased the pack of 6 since one pack would not be enough. Someone said that it took them three boxes in order to see results. After I ordered it which wasn't long ago, I started drinking it right away. 2 bags in the morning for a stronger taste, 1-2 in the afternoon, and 1 during the night. Sometimes I drink the Yogi "bedtime" in the night for better sleep. I just started my 2nd box of Skin Detox. I took some selfies last night because I bought some nice clothes and would like to see how I would look. Every time I look at pics of myself, I look at my face expression for some apparent reason. I noticed that my skin not only got better but I saw a glow that many people have been mentioning. I highly recommend this to anyone who has been battling acne over the years. Save your money on the pricey acne products because they can only do so much. I still use acne wash products, just not going too crazy with the toner or the medication ones. But anyways this product works wonders. You have to keep drinking it until you see results. It may take a box or more depending on the severity of your acne. I just know that I'll drink this every day. Another effect it had on me was that it increased my appetite. Each and every time I eat a meal I find it enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I was skeptical at first but I must say this stuff is working quite well after only a week. But everyone who likes this product, you sh9ould visit vitacost.com. For a box of 16 tea bags it was less than $4 and minimum purchase it 2. But still, quite a price drop. Anyone who is skeptical, TRY IT! you won't regret it

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite skin tea!, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Yogi Skin DeTox Tea, 16 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I LOVE this tea! I have been drinking it for a very long time. The taste is pleasant-- not the best tasting tea in the world and not my absolute favorite flavor, but the results I get from drinking this tea are amazing. I always get 6 boxes at a time and drink it almost daily. Sometimes I'll drink 2 -3 bags per day. I think it makes a huge difference in the appearance of my skin. Essentially, this has become a part of my skin care routing.

I love Yogi teas in general. Probably my favorite brand of teas. Keep up the great work, Yogi!