Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Learn more Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 21, 2012
I've been using this yogurt maker for over a year with great results. I love that it keeps the yogurt at the perfect temperature without the need of electricity. I had previously tried various DIY methods (such as putting the cultured milk in a heavy pot wrapped in a towel on a heating pad) and found that my finished yogurt would have thick spots and runny spots. With the Yogotherm I get a nice firm consistency from top to bottom and all the way through. I think the only drawback is that the insert is plastic, instead of glass (although it is BPA free). I would have preferred something that I could put in the dishwasher. I did look into getting an electric model initially, but since you have to heat the milk on your stove anyway I'm not sure what the advantage is. I like to strain my finished yogurt for a thicker consistency, so having one large batch instead of several little jars appeals to me.
on July 21, 2012
I bought this because I'm addicted to Greek Yogurt, but I'm moving to China, where I don't suppose it's an easily available staple. I wanted to take a yogurt maker, but obviously there are issues around current and voltage. I saw Yogotherm, but it sounded a bit dodgy to me, so I dug around on Amazon and other sites, looking for reviews. I didn't find any complaints, and finally decided "what the heck!" and ordered it. (I might add I also didn't want all those fussy little jars!)

In a word (or 3) I love it. It is so very easy to use. Just heat your milk, let it cool, add the starter, put it in the container and leave it for 8 hours. You're done!

Of course, if you want Greek yogurt, you need to strain it for another 8-12 hours, which means you don't end up with much yogurt overall, but it tasted fabulous! Also, if you add a 1/2 cup of nonfat powdered milk, it produces a firmer yogurt.

I do add an extra step of putting a jar of boiling water in the Yogotherm with the lid on in order to heat the styrofoam. It just helps it retain heat better while your yogurt sets.
on July 21, 2012
I have been using an electrical-yogurt-incubator since 1995 and decided to get this product after I found out about it from a website. The first time I used the Yogotherm the yogurt came out soupy, but that didn't bother me because I was making Greek yogurt. Wow, my Greek yogurt came out great; sweet and not too tart. The secont time I used the Yogotherm I placed it in a thermal shopping bag with a towel to cover the top and ten hours later I had two quarts of beautiful organic yogurt. It really works! No more wasting electricity to make yogurt.

I wish the two quart bucket wasn't plastic. Stainless steel or glass would be great.
on February 16, 2014
This yogurt maker works fine in the summer, but in the fall or winter, if you lower your heat at night, you're going to have to pack this with jugs of warm water in an ice chest at night to maintain enough warmth for the yogurt to "make," and it won't always work. If you want a consistent product year-round, don't buy a yogotherm. In the summer, a warm outdoor location will turn out great yogurt, but I make yogurt every week. The 35-year-old Salton I inherited from my mother makes perfect yogurt every time! I guess I'll stick with what works.
on July 8, 2012
I've tried the electric ones. All they do is make the bottom of the container overly crumbly (do you like crumbly yogurt?). This makes superb yogurt.
on May 1, 2013
I had use of one of these years ago and it was great. I have been putting off buying one of my own because of the cost for a hunk of plastic and foam. After disappointing results with all the other DIY ways to make yogurt at home, I finally broke down. I eat yogurt every morning and the cost of Greek yogurt is prohibitive not to mention ALL those plastic containers. This makes delicious yogurt. And a lot of it. It's fool proof and uses no electricity. What is there not to love? Just the price. Although you will quickly recoup your cash (and save a lot of plastic tubs).
on February 7, 2013
The Yogotherm surprisingly works well without electricity. I do put it in the oven with the light on to help it along.
on December 20, 2012
I had a Yogotherm for years but finally wore out the inner stytofoam liner, which is why I recently purchased a replacement. It is indeed the best non-electric yoghurt maker available. I am particularly pleased that it is not made in China. Thanks, Canada, for making this superior product. My only wish is that one could purchase a new styrofoam liner separately as the outside container is hard plastic and does not wear out. The inner container for the actual yoghurt can be purchased separately.
on January 1, 2013
It is just a good investment for me and I have tried goat milk yogurt and also whole milk yogurt
on December 4, 2012
This was purchased as a gift. Delivery time and product were as expected, and the recipient was delighted. It makes a heck of a lot of yogurt, so there has been only one test so far, but this was successful.