From the Publisher
Discover a whole new world of dogs® with these revolutionary, breed-specific guides accompanied by a free DVD.
From the leader in responsible animal care for over 50 years comes this exciting series of dog breed titles. Written by professional pet writers who are also experts on the breeds, each book is filled with valuable information on a variety of topics that are essential for cultivating health and happiness in a canine companion.
Every book in the Terra-Nova series contains:
* 192 pages of brand new text, featuring highly breed-specific information
* an extensive health chapter, reviewed and approved by a respected veterinarian
* chapters on feeding, grooming, and beginner and advanced training
* a bonus DVD featuring socialization, safety, and training advice from a professional dog trainer and detailed information from a veterinarian on what happens at the vet and how to perform regular home health checks
* a comprehensive resource section
* an ideal mixture of informative text and accompanying photographs--plus sidebars and tip boxes
From the Back Cover
The charismatic Yorkshire Terrier has a rich history as a working dog. Originally bred to hunt small game, the modern-day Yorkie has evolved into a beloved companion animal. Tough and terrier-like at one moment and the ultimate lapdog the next, these adaptable, intelligent, and beautiful dogs know how to capture your heart!
This total care guide contains colorful sidebars, boxes, and photographs that illustrate key topics essential to Yorkshire Terrier owners. An excellent source of accurate, in-depth information, The Yorkshire Terrier will help you and your family raise a healthy and well-behaved canine companion.