Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 22, 2011
I really enjoyed this movie! Though a little slow to start, it rapidly had my interest. Its for someone , anyone who ,for one reason or another, has been hurt, disappointed..and somehow that pain made an emotional impact and changed this person...closed their heart and mind. It is always good to see one come to terms with themselves and realize all the fun,beauty , and love there might be waiting for them if they unlock a very pained and closed heart. I had it on VHS, and so happy to now be able to watch it again. VERY enjoyable.The one character in it really reminds me of actor James Stewart. Hope you like it! I will be watching the other movie A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHRISTMAS soon and get back to you on that!
on December 8, 2011
Christmas is my favorite holiday of the whole year. I love the music and the movies and all that goes along with all that. So whenever I get a chance to obtain a new movie to go with all those I have already, I take a chance and get one. I chose this one as I had not seen the first of the two before. I enjoyed both of them. This was shipped to me in good conditon in a timely manner and I would suggest this seller to others again.
on December 12, 2011
This review is only for IF YOU BELIEVE, as I haven't seen the second half of the DVD yet. IF YOU BELIEVE is a very comical and entertaining Christmas story. The main character is an up-tight professional whose life is going nowhere, until she is confronted by her younger counter-ego, her younger version of herself, who brings about radical change for the good in her life. Her younger version is always hanging around, prodding and poking the heroine in order to get her to remember how she used to be more carefree and fun-loving as a child. The interchanges are often hilarious, and it's just a fun-filled story with a good ending. Couldn't ask for more in a DVD that Amazon sold for five dollars!
VINE VOICEon February 2, 2012
I have seen and taped both these movies on TV, but it is great to have these on DVD. The picture quality is clear, and there's no banners or channel IDs to block the picture! If you like Christmas movies, you will love these feel-good "chick flick" movies. "If You Believe" also features a very young Hayden Panettiere. She was a cute child, but it's amazing to see how she grew up to become the beauty she now is. She is one of the main characters in the story, and even at such a young age, she was able to hold her own against more experienced actors. "A Different Kind of Christmas" features the funny and enjoyable Shelley Long, and is a wonderful film. Grab some popcorn and snuggle in for a double feature holiday treat with this DVD!
on September 30, 2012
After realizing that 'IF YOU BELIEVE" isn't playing on TV at Christmas for the last 3 years, I was shocked that I found it (not quite knowing the exact title). Lucky me...it came with a bonus!!!! I sent it to 2 of my sisters-in-law (Utah and Idaho). I hope they enjoy it as much as I do. I just loved how well they matched up the little girl with her. LA, LA, LA, LA,LA,LA,LA....Sorry I just had to sing it!!!! I need to have my inter child come out, I really need her!!!!!!
on December 30, 2014
Two good movies for the price of half a movie; can't beat that!

"If You Believe" is an excellent movie, set in the Christmas season and starring Ally Walker as Susan Stone, a very unhappy person, not just in her career -- she's a book editor, once upon a time a good one, now just about to be fired. She doesn't get along with her family, people walking down the hallways or on the street or pretty much anyone who happens to be on the planet. Ebenezer Scrooge was a happy camper in comparison to Susan. She will, however, get visited by a very special personage -- no, it's not an angel or the ghosts of Christmas past, present or future. No, it's going to be much better than that -- this character is just what she needs and is very enjoyable to watch working the necessary magic.

The story is excellent, very different from others I've seen -- I've seen a few that star book editors (e.g. "Wolf" with Jack Nicholoson & Michelle Pfeiffer, also a very good movie) -- but this one is wrapped around that job of hers. The movie is well written, very well acted, and fresh. The story draws me in: it's not an epic movie, nor a big-budget blockbuster -- it was made for TV, but it has my interest from beginning to end.

The second feature, "A Different Kind of Christmas" is also a very good movie -- perhaps even more different than "If You Believe". It stars a Santa who shows up in his red and white suit in a town with a moving van full of Christmas. In short order, there are reindeer hanging off the roof, a yard filled with Christmas novelties, statues, everything you can think of that mean Christmas -- and the inside of the house has even more: it puts Santa's workshop on the naughty list by comparison.

And all of this happens in June. This guy is dedicated to being Santa all year long. The kids and their parents come by in droves and love him and the whole business; the neighbors complain to the city and he's shut down for ordnance violations.

And that's just for starters. It's not my favorite Christmas film, but it is a good one. Very different story, a cliche or two, but nothing that I can't live with. It's family friendly and full of kids, happy kids, and then there's that beautiful Christmasssy house and the war that's developing between Santa and the powers that be in town.
on May 28, 2016
Surprisingly good. Thought it would be another Hallmark style romance but it turned out to be well done character analysis and a warm romance. Great acting. Ally Walker is fabulous and Hayden Panettiere is an incredible child actor in this early movie for her. Tom Amandes is the perfect choice for the male lead.

Good acting and an engrossing romance all in the context of internal struggles for a woman caught in the true to life hysterical career in a publishing house!
on December 19, 2011
I loved both of these movies.Iwas glad to get this for my collection.Thanks for the fast service.They shipped these items before the date promised.Ive told all my friends and family to order from Amazon if they haven't yet.
on January 25, 2013
I rememeber seeing If You Believe Years ago, and thought the little girl would go places - and she did, of course, Hayden Panettiere! It is a beautiful story and I would have paid the price for just that movie, but it also included another Christmas movie as a set. Well worth the price and a great addition to your Christmas Movie Collection!
on December 16, 2011
A Different Kind of Christmas is different but in a good way. The father has and always had good intentions, unfortunately the daughter didn't know the whole story so many years were taken away from them because of the bitterness and unforgiveness. Thankfully, the truth becomes known and now they can become a family again and the son gets a grandpa and mabey a step father if there is a part 2.
As far as, If You Believe, I didn't like about the first half of it, if you can get past that, it becomes a movie to watch.