You Can Heal Your Life
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$9.15+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

*****
If you are a fan of Louise Hay's work, you really need to own this DVD set. It was made in 2007, and contains 2 DVDs. There are no subtitles.

The main film on the first DVD is 1:25 long. Its theme is that if you change your thinking, you can change your life, especially via affirmations. You generate emotional power behind the affirmations, and then take actions that support the affirmations.

The film also contains Louise Hay's moving personal story. It includes a parallel drama with the story, interspersed with the commentators---somewhat in the style of "What the Bleep", but the drama is much less a focus, and the interviewees more of a focus.

There is much more specific information here on how to work with affirmations. People that are interviewed as a part of the DVD are Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Esther & Jerry Hicks, Gregg Braden, Gay Hendricks, Dr. Christiane Northrup, Doreen Virtue, Cheryl Richardson, Candice Pert, Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz, Leon Nacson, and Elon Bomani. Here are some sample quotes:

"We have control over the experience of our life, if not the events of our life."---Christiane Northrup.

"Anything you complain about repetitively is something you have an unconscious desire to produce."---Gay Hendricks

The material also explores forgiveness, healing, wholeness, emotional health and feelings, self-love, self-acceptance, and self-worth.

Much of the beautiful music on the DVD is done by Jim Brickman.

The first DVD also includes an "Affirmation Tool Kit" which is comprised of a peaceful and meditative video with different sets of affirmations movingly read by Louise Hay. For example, in one video Louise Hay reads relationship affirmations. In another reading with the same video she reads prosperity affirmations. Other topics are self, health & wellness, and work. There is the same video left just with music, too, so that you can read your own affirmations with it.

The second DVD includes great bonus interviews with the interviewees that are lengthier than the time they get on the main film. I enjoyed these extra interviews a lot; the speakers are more relaxed and candid. This gave the DVD set a lot of additional value for me.

Highly recommended.
on February 7, 2000
I bought You Can Heal Your Life on Tape and recommend this to others because Louise Hay has a voice that seems to magicaly heal you. I have been able to heal my life from past childhood issues, rape, parents, and drugs. My life now, is one that allows my dreams to come true. I loan the tapes to others and they are having excellent results. I have saved myself thousands of dollars in therapy sessions. I now have the peace, contentment, success and happiness that I never knew was possible. This is the best money that I have or will ever spend.
on January 3, 2008
This movie gets your attention right from the start and holds it throughout the entire movie. Documentary style like "The Secret", this movie is based on the principle that ENERGY FOLLOWS THOUGHT.

It demonstrates that one is creating their experience by the thoughts that they are choosing in each moment.

You will feel like you are the author of your life, and believe that you have the option to choose your thoughts, and sense that you can shape and influence your current experience.

I felt empowered & uplifted after watching this one, ENJOY!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
"You Can Heal Your Life" is a beautifully written and illustrated book dealing with self-discovery. It is a stepping stone in finding the real person you are and exploring ways that will lead to a more peaceful and happy life. Often, we are our own worst enemies with imaginary fears of what the future will bring, or we are dwellers of our past mistakes, regrets and misgivings. The importance of discovering and accepting our true self for who we really are, and the search for a more fulfilling life, are explored among the pages of this book.
Some of the words here are very much similar to Buddhist Philosophies. It is a known fact that before we can start anew, we must first rid ourself of all negative emotions and habits, more commonly known in this day and age as, "getting rid of the excess baggage." This is a wonderful self-help book that will lead you on a path of positive thinking and leave the reader with the understanding no one is perfect, we all have faults, but we can still feel good about ourselves.
If you are interested in exploring more fully the world of peace, contentment and happiness, I also recommend reading , "Awakening the Buddha Within" by Lama Surya Das and "Healing Society" by Dr. Seung-Heun Lee. Both are excellent books and a realistic learning adventure in self-discovery.
on March 8, 2007
This book was recommended to me after my family suffered a tragedy. At first I was hesitant about it. A non-beleiver, you can say. But Louise Hay broke her message down into easy-to-understand chapters. After reading a few chapters I was convinced that she was right on target.

I learned alot while reading this book. I've applied the techniques from the book to my everyday life, and have had successful results. I'm glad that I was given this book. Unfortunately, I had to give it back, which is why I'm here..... ordering another one.

(Worth the $15 though.)
on February 5, 2008
I found this movie to be inspiring and enlightening. I have read and re-read "You Can Heal Your Life" over the last several months. I love the book and found the movie to be very calming and hopeful.

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis about 14 years ago. It makes complete sense to me that MY thought patterns and beliefs have created my illness. I know some people are very threatened and/or offended at the idea they have somehow "caused" their illness. There is a difference between wanting to be sick and causing it by not realizing how your cells are behaving because of your thoughts. I find the concept freeing.

I have been using a cane to walk for several years. Through the ideas in the book and the help of a physical therapist (PT) pointing out some basic walking techniques, I am now cane-free and feel confident walking from point A to point B. To me (and my PT) this is a small miracle. It took about four weeks.

MS is incurrable, but if my thought processes somehow create a situation where my body "eats away at itself", my thoughts also have the potential to make my body stop eating itself. I am more than willing to embrace the concepts outlined in "You Can Heal Your Life". What can it hurt to forgive myself and others? It certainly can't hurt to think more peaceful and loving thoughts.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 31, 2007
Louise Hay's DVD, You Can Heal Your Life, is excellent!

The extended version has two CD's. The first CD is a sequence of clips from various leaders in "higher consciousness", such as Dr. Wayne Dyer and Dr. Christiane Northrup. Visuals and music is used to bring more meaning behind the words and really touch your heart. For example, when Dr. Northrup is talking about the chemical changes in your body when you experience an event that triggers love and softness, there is a woman with a cuddly bunny at her cheek. As she strokes the rabbit, both of their eyes are closed. Just watching this enables the viewer to experience what Dr. Northrup is talking about.

The second CD contains the full interviews with ten or so of these leaders. I found the editing and direction of the CD to be top notch. I have already watched it three times.

Even though the message is similar (but not the exact same) to The Secret, I much prefer Louise Hay's movie. It lacks the "hype" that The Secret has, and that makes it all the better!
on October 23, 2009
Louise Hay is just great. She has spent a life of teaching others what she has learned. I lost my original book and ordered this super deal. I got the book and a wonderful DVD for about $14. If you need to get your life back on track emotionally or physically Louise Hay can show you the way.
*****
This wonderful film is 1:25 long, and its theme is that if you change your thinking, you can change your life, especially via affirmations. You generate emotional power behind the affirmations, and then take actions that support the affirmations.

Much of the beautiful music on the DVD is done by Jim Brickman.

I highly recommend this DVD. However, if you are a fan of Louise Hay's work, I would suggest that you buy her DVD set by the same title (two DVDs, called "Expanded Version" on Amazon). The expanded version includes extras that many people will want, although it costs twice as much. I have also reviewed the expanded version, so if that interests you more, read about the extras there. However, if you are just looking for the movie, and/or want to save some money, you'll be thrilled with the basic film alone, I'm sure.

Highly recommended.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
If you have heard about positive thinking but don't understand the process, this is the film for you. If you are already a fan of Louise Hay, you are going to ADORE this film. I am so excited to see it finally released!

Louise Hay is a best selling author, known for her book, You Can Heal Your Life. In the book, she describes what 'cause' is often behind our diseases and illnesses. She developed this list working with clients in her church and consciously noting how they 'talked' when they spoke about their cancer, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines or whatever other ailment was bothering them. I refer to this list regularly in my Angel Readings and Reflexology sessions; clients are always shocked at how accurate Louise's findings are.

The movie is incredibly done. Every person watching it will relate to our main character, who struggles with thinking negative thoughts. Throughout the film, the viewer is introduced to the power of our thoughts, and the process of why what we say and think has such an effect on our daily lives. Included in the film (and especially in the extended release) are interviews of well known metaphysical speakers and authors such as Esther and Jerry Hicks, Doreen Virtue and Wayne Dyer. Through the movie, you are taught how the process WORKS and how you can change YOUR life for the better! It isn't just about mumbling affirmations and expecting your new car delivered to your front door by the delivery truck. This is a process, step by step, to connect you with what you truly, consciously, want to create in your life.

A wonderful addition to this movie is an option of "Affirmations". With beautiful music and breathtaking scenes, you are able to affirm with Louise new thoughts about your health, prosperity and relationships. It's a wonderful DVD to have on as you are milling about your day, cleaning or cookie, affirming all the way to have good enter your life.

In the extended version, there are detailed interviews with those wonderful teachers. It's definitely a keeper and worth embracing their individual stories.
Enjoy!!! You deserve a wonderful life!

Annie B.