Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: VHS Tape|Change

on March 27, 2000
Actually we used the song in the commercial. The version in the movie was much more expensive. I made this movie for $720k, and it's still running on comedy central. I've been told it made 10 million. I had a woman come up to me and tell me this film changed her life. "Why?" I asked. "Because I liked the message, 'you can be whoever you want to be without having to pretend to be some Hollywood phony.'" So one person got it. I'm glad to see it still lives on Amazon.com
VINE VOICEon October 9, 2014
This fatuous romantic comedy about video dating, an embarrassing postcard from 1988, is riddled with broad L.A. stereotypes. It's plagued by lame acting, inept direction, and an amateurish script filled with inane gags. The movie is notable only for containing Bridget Fonda's first full motion picture role. It includes cameos by the likes of Charles Grodin, Sally Kellerman, and - ugh - Kristy McNichol. Oh, and there's also David Leisure, the actor known for playing a slimy liar called Joe Isuzu in TV commercials as well as McNichol's neighbor on the sitcom "Empty Nest." The lead actor is a footnote named David Packer.

Please don't waste your precious time on this lamentable dreck. It's not just forgettable; it's so wretched that you'll wish the amnesia-inducing "neuralyzers" from the "Men in Black" films were real. However, if you're nostalgic for your youth and would like to relive the late 1980s, there are far better guilty pleasures from that era. I suggest "The Secret of My Success" with Michael J. Fox or "Can't Buy Me Love" with Patrick Dempsey (both 1987) or comedies by Cameron Crowe (1989's "Say Anything..." with John Cusack) or John Hughes (whose 1986 classic "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" with Matthew Broderick is anything but a guilty pleasure).
on February 22, 2000
Does every movie have to be some sort of serious war movie or have 100000 special effects in it,NO. This was a good funny movie to watch.Bridget Fonda was also a plus to watch as a young 24 year old.
on January 19, 2009
Althought this wasn't a spectacular film, it was funny, and I like funny. Slow and cheesy at times but it was on the mark with portraying the facades of those who live in L.A. including the fake orgasims. Bridget Fonda was charming, David Leisure was a convincingly repulsive character, Kristy McNichol gets her freak on, and Charles Grodin's deadpan character was extremely hillarious, for alot of reasons! The movie had enough gems to make it a positive viewing experience. You just can't take it serious...
on July 30, 2011
Eddie (David Packer) arrives in Los Angeles, California. He just left Ohio after his fiancee left him at the alter.
He gets the scenic route from a crazy taxi driver and arrives at the home of his cousin, Skip sets him up with a new job prospective and a car to drive.
Eddie finds out quick that Los Angeles has strange people. He decides to try out Video Valentine, a dating service to find the kind of date you want.
Will he decide to stay in California or go back to Ohio?
Cute movie. Still funny.

Rated "R", Running time: 92 mins.

Contains full frontal female nudity and male nudity.

Also in the cast: David Leisure, Bridget Fonda, Charles Grodin, Anthony Geary, Luana Anders, Frank Bonner, Kristy McNichol, Lu Leonard, Sally Kellerman, Jake Steinfeld.
I think is was 1988 when I saw YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE at the movies. As the opening credits rolled and the Phil Collins version, not the Supremes original, of the song "You Can't Hurry Love" played, I should have known I was in for a dull time. How could you name the film YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE but not use the original hit version of the song? If you don't care, I suppose. Not surprisingly, I remember little else about this bomb except that it bored me stiff. What does surprise me: YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE is available today on video but several quality pictures I remember very well are not! Forget YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE, and hurry.
on April 9, 2015
Kristy McNichol is the treat in this film as David Packers possible love interest. Her role is small, yet a charming performance leaves you wishing she had the main role. This film is now available on a dvd twin set with Love Hurts. A fun, sexy romp and a must for Kristy Mcnichol fans.