Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 20, 2013
Nearly 30 years ago to the day when Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton had the #1 song in the nation with "Islands in the Stream" the duo have released their latest collaboration called "You Can't Make Old Friends". Touchy, heartbreaking, soulful and beautiful are some of the words I'd use to describe this beautiful ballad.

The song talks about the enduring friendship two people share in this business of music and how that friendship has endured since 1976 ever since Kenny was a guest on Dolly's then syndicated TV show "Dolly!". From that time their chemistry was evident, their careers reflected each others and ultimately they teamed on one of the biggest songs ever recorded.

The two have record multiple singles since the early eighties like "Real Love" and "Love is Strange", but none are as poetic as their latest.

If you get a chance see the video too...remarkable.
on October 17, 2013
Most albums have 1 or 2 songs that truly stand out, the rest being more or less fillers. That is not the case with this latest CD by Kenny. "You can't make old friends" with Dolly Parton is very touching, and "You had to be there" is a tearjerker, which really reminds you how truly special your family, and particularly your children, should be. Kenny never ceases to amaze. Keep it up, dear friend; we are looking forwrad to the next 50 years!
on October 26, 2013
Kenny Rogers has had one of the longest and most productive music careers in the history of recorded music. At the tender age of 75 he has amazingly delivered one of his best and most diverse albums ever. His vocals as many critics have already pointed out are still strong and he still has an amazing amount of range for even somebody half his age. His voice resonates with the wisdom and emotion of someone who has lived a full life and isn't afraid to express it on tape.

The title cut with Dolly of course deserves mention but there is even stronger and more commercial material on the rest of the album. All I Need Is One is a melodic thumper that fits Kennys requirement for the perfect love song, which is find a song that every man would want to sing and every woman would want to hear. Look At You and When You Love Someone written by Bryan Adams also perfectly fit this requirement.

Kenny mixes these romantic songs with some uptempo and diverse sonic highlights including the thought provoking Turn This World Around written by up and comer Eric Pasley and Don't leave Me In The Nightime featuring Buckwheat Zydeco. 'Merica is a beautiful song about this country sung in a bluesy style like his idol Ray Charles did with his definitive version of America The Beautiful.

Perhaps the greatest song on the album is Kenny's version of a song previously recorded by Tim McGraw, You Had To Be There. This is one of Kenny's most heartfelt story songs and it is sung and spoken in an intimate way that Kenny has exceled at repeatedly over his five decade career. The song tells the story of an absent father speaking to his son in prison through a glass window and it is heart wrenching and makes you realize how important parents spending time with their children can be for their future.

This is an amazing album from top to bottom, well produced, impeccably sung and recorded by this Country Music Hall of Famer.
on January 15, 2014
Of course Dolly and Kenny are a great team. Kenny said in the album remarks that he and Dolly wanted to document their friendship and indeed they did. This is a song that makes you think and appreciate them as well as thinking about your own old friends..

My favorite on the CD is "Dreams of the San Joaquin". It is so dreamy and I sway back and forth when listening to it. It reminds me of beautiful hills and pleasant valleys glowing in the sunshine. What a beautiful song! The background singers and orchestration are absolutely beautiful. Kenny, let's have more songs like this one!

I'm glad I bought it and I think you will too.
on November 9, 2013
I have always been a Kenny Rogers fan and this CD is just one more reason why... there's variety in the style of each song and each song tells a story. Also, despite being in his mid-70's, the voice is the same as it's always been.

I bought the CD mainly for "You Can't Make Old Friends". What I've found though is that as much as I like that song (and I had heard it several times before I bought the CD), other songs have emerged that I like as much or more. "You had to be there" is a powerful and heart-wrenching song one that would make an awesome music video. Then there is the patriotism of "'Merica" and the song of love and dreams in "Dreams of the San Joaquin". The fact is, there is not one song that I don't like.

If you like Kenny Rogers, I have no doubt you'll love this CD. I know I do!
on December 17, 2013
Kenny Rogers was the first real concert I ever went to. I was so excited to find out he had made a new CD and it was just like listening to a old friend. Can't say which was my favorite one because I loved them all. Hearing him and Dolly back together was such a TREAT and the song was perfect for them "You Can't Make Old Friends".. That was such a treat and it brought back such old memories. For my daughters high school graduation, I got us tickets for Kenny's concert and she is a grandmother now.... so that was a long time ago and a lot of memories of the people, places and concert that night..
on September 27, 2013
This is A GREAT SONG have loved kenny and dolly for 30 years since I was a child listening on lp to Gambler album. He and Dolly are underrated for their contribution to music.
on December 24, 2013
Bought this CD especially for the beautiful duet with Dolly, but listening to the trailer online heard some other songs that I liked, so I knew it was a worthwhile purchase. Some say that he could have put a little more oomph into his styling, but I think it will be an enjoyable experience anyway, with songs like When You Love Someone (Bryan Adams) and Look at You.
on November 16, 2014
I have memorized every song on the album. Then I got front row seats to his latest concert tour. I LOVE HIM! I know every single word to every single song - even when he forgets them in concert. So adorable as he laughs himself through his fumbles. Great album - and seeing him sing his most recent songs really brought some bounce back into the show. At the end of the concert he threw me a tambourine. I don't think he could believe that the 30-something in the front row knew every single word to every single song, even the songs from the new album. His music reaches into the depth of my soul and pulls out love, sadness, happiness, joy, and deep thought about the relationships in my life, who I am, and what I will become.
on December 30, 2013
I fell in love with his music over forty years ago. This album is no different. His voice is like no other. I have listened to it numerous times while traveling this Christmas. If U love Kenny it is a must have for your collection.