5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Classic Reinvented
As a huge fan of the original You Don't Know Jack games I was skeptical that this game would be able to live up to the high bar standards that they themselves had already set. I was not disappointed. This is a fantastic game and am very happy to play a version of You Don't Know Jack with pop references that I can actually identify with.

There are a lot of...
Published on February 8, 2011 by Bradley Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars fun
family forced me to play this forever they loved it would recomment this any one PC VERSION IS BETTER (more stuff)
Published 8 months ago by Paul Orsini

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Classic Reinvented, February 8, 2011
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)

There are a lot of difference between this game and the originals. It's no longer up to just one person to get a question right, everyone gets a chance to guess. In the old Jack games only one person would buzz in and if they got it wrong only the remaining answers would stay. Points are based on how fast you buzz in your answer. You have 20 seconds to buzz in and you get that many points added or taken away from your score if your answers were wrong or right.

It comes with 73 different stages all with 10 questions. You will no longer get asked random questions but unique questions for the type of stage.

A great addition is the edition of a "wrong clue." You will get a hint for a clue that will randomly be the wrong answer in one of the questions. If you purposely guess the wrong clue in the set you will get 8,000 points.

The Jack Attack, great song intros, screws and all around goofy nature have stayed around and made into this game. A fantastic game for a group of friends or on-line play!

You Don't Know Jack Is BACK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack has remained unchanged and I couldn't be happier., February 9, 2011
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
There were a few moments after I booted up You Don't Know Jack when the fake-commercials started playing in the background that reminded me why this was the best damn trivia game series ever.

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing to you, this new You Don't Know Jack is in mint condition and seems nearly unchanged from the formula that made it the only trivia game to ever need. All the adult-themed humor, thoughtfully worded questions and Cookie Masterson (the original host) has returned and is just as good as you remember.

One thing that I am unsure about is the game formula. It has changed a bit, instead of random questions, the game contains 73 individual episodes of questions. These remain unchanged no matter how many times you play the specific episode. While that could get annoying if you play every episode quickly, with 73 episodes, you won't be repeating Jack questions for at least 15/hours of gameplay. With addition episode packs coming out as DLC, this game has a lot of life in it.

Each episode is broken up into 10 questions and a final Jack Attack question (which, depending on how well you play it, can net you a win even if you completely sucked with the previous 10 questions). This seems like a good amount per episode, drawing each to around 12-15 minutes long. Jack has always been a wonderful party game to play with multiple people and that has remained the same. You can still "screw your neighbors" by forcing them to answer a question you know they are clueless about and DisOrDat questions give the lowest scoring person a chance to catch up by choosing (for example) if a clue given is a Pope or song by Britney Spears. The ingenious question mapping is just as spot on as ever. Jellyvision has made a great name for themselves by crafting questions that blend popular culture, low-brow comedy and high culture all in the same question. You Don't Know Jack has always been the type of game for people who hate trivia games and that has stayed the same with this rendition.

Here is to hoping Jack doesn't leave us again for another 8 years, he has been sorely missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't know how much fun this is, Jack., February 12, 2011
Daniel J. Ferguson "Ferguson" (Middle East Bumfunk, ME USA) - See all my reviews
This game is great.
It has the same great humor, fake commercials, and all the other things you loved about the originals, -Cookie Masterson is back!- and so are the weird pop culture jokes you've come to expect.

I loved the original YDKJ games when I was younger. This is very similar, but not exactly the same. The games are shorter (10 q's instead of 20), there are fewer questions (73 episodes of 10 questions and the "Jack Attack", and the gibberish questions are gone, replaced with "Who's The Dummy?" I preferred "Tickerlish Testgum," but it had to be sacrificed due to the lack of a keyboard on the 360, PS3 and wii.

Also because the game is on a console now, and not a PC, everyone has their own controller to buzz in on, and you don't get that weird tension as four people huddle around a cheap keyboard. I miss that.

I bought this game the day after it came out, and it was the day after, only because I couldn't get to a store.

I've played this game with several friends and even though I utterly destroyed them (I am a trivia king (yeah, yeah, I don't know Jack.)), they still tried to steal the game to keep playing when it was time for me to leave.

Another awesome bonus is the online play. It autopicks the episode to make sure none of the people getting matched up have already played the episode. With additional question packs available they should be able keep this up for some time. Which is nice, but the real gem is still being able to play YDKJ at 3 am with live people when you're drunk and alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Scene It Big Button Controllers!, February 11, 2011
Daniel Pham (LOS ANGELES, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
As with many of the other reviewers, I've been a long time fan of YDKJ and playing now is just as fun as it was back in the late 90's. It's a blast of a party game where you can get 4 friends together and laugh at the crazy questions the game asks you. Anyone can play and it's never over until the very final round as you can make big comebacks.

I was really impressed when the game detected that my friends and I were using the big button controllers and giving instructions accordingly. Now that's some attention to detail.

On the negative side, there's no random question ability, so if you've played an episode that others have not, you will destroy them. The shows are put together well, but this would have been a welcome option, especially for online play. Alos, I'm a little sad that the extra questions packs cost 5 dollars though. The achievements show that there will be 3 of them. The 30 dollar price felt like a good deal, but to add an extra 15 on that would make it a rip off.

There are not enough quiz show type games out there and this definitely fills a void left by 1 vs 100. It's a very hilarious game and that alone is worth the price of admission to me. The writing is top notch and there's a lot of production value. It's sure to be a hit with a fun group of friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Trivia Game of 2011!, February 13, 2011
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Everyone should own this game. Hands down tehbest trivia on xbox, and i own all 3 scene it games.

The humor is top notch, the questions make even the smartest of friends scratch their heads.

Reasons i took off one star:
Episodes are a bit short in comparison to older YDKJ.
The echo effects from teh Jack Attack are gone. so seems less spooky.
and the lack of online room setup options.

Love this game, but i think they could of put one more month into it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great version of the original - with a few flaws, April 3, 2011
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We've been YDKJ fans since the beginning, so we were excited to see a recent console version with updated questions. (The more removed you are from the relevant time period, the harder those original PC versions become!)

Pros:
- Four player local multiplayer. More friends can get in on the action! The PC version was only 3 player, probably because fitting 4 people in front of a keyboard was tricky!
- XBox Live play ... with your gold membership, of course.
- Many achievements for XBox players; some of these can take some time!
- The game reads your local date/time. We played on April Fools' Day, and the game referenced that in the intro! There is also an achievement called "Turncoat" which you get by playing on the Fourth of July instead of celebrating America. Even the achievements have cheeky humor!
- Cookie Masterson is back as the host!
- Dis or Dat offers the other players to "steal" if they get the answer right and the spotlighted player gets it wrong (in local multiplayer, that is).
- New special question categories, like Cookie's Fortune Cookie Fortunes, Who's the Dummy, and Put The Choices Into Order Then Buzz In And See If You Are Right Question. Always good for a laugh!
- The Wrong Answer of the Day! This is a new feature where you are given the name of a sponsor for that round, such as Wylie's Unicycle Warehouse. During the rounds, if you happen to guess the wrong answer that fits the sponsor you get 4,000 points in round one or 8,000 points in round two. But the sponsor's name is a clue, so the wrong answer isn't always apparent. (I think the couple of times we've won this, it's because we guessed wrong, lol - although if you can figure it out, you'd be better off guessing wrong than guessing right!) You get an achievement if you can manage to get all of the wrong answers in all of the episodes.
- This is probably one of the best instruction manuals. It covers the whole game so you don't have to try to figure out what you're doing, gives you hints, and is goofy to boot. It's nice to know the humor of the game carried over to the manual.

Pro/Con:
- Episodic play. There are 73 episodes that come with the game. If you play episode 1 twice in a row, you have the same questions. Therefore, you never have a duplicate question if you just keep playing the episodes in order (the game does this for you, unless you elect to pick which episode you want to play). It's great knowing that you'll never have a duplicate question; however, that really only gives you 73 "games" you can play. If the questions cycled themselves, you would (of course) end up with duplicate questions, but it almost feels like it would be a longer game, you know?

Cons:
- It's short! The PC version had two rounds of 10 questions each, with the 21st question being the Jack Attack. (There was a shorter version with ... was it 7 questions? ... which I rarely played.) The console version only has 10 questions with the 11th being the Jack Attack. I wish it was longer or gave you the option to choose a short version or long version.
- Episode titles. As you may recall from the PC version, there are silly little songs and animations when they announce which question you are on instead of a boring placard that says "Question One." In the PC version, they seemed to have a couple of different animations for each question number. The console version does not. While the ones they have are amusing (and a couple of them have two different animations, like Six), I used to enjoy seeing the different ones and laughing at the new ones. Not a deal breaker, of course, but I miss that.
- Downloadable Content. I'm torn about DLC. I already paid for the game, now they want me to pay for more of it? Why not just include it in the original game? (The first DLC was out within a week of the game's release!) Would it really have killed them to throw it on the disc? It's not super expensive - 400 points for 10 episodes, I think - and it's nice to be able to get more episodes and the achievements that come with them. But by the time I buy all the DLC, I'll end up paying what I did for the original game, yet I'll have less to show for it. Annoying.

That said, I love this game. By the time I finish with the 73 episodes on the disc, I probably won't remember the majority of the questions and it'll be like playing for the first time. However, there are a few annoyances which made me lower my rating by a star. Overall, it's definitely worth a rental for trivia and pop culture fans, although you'll probably want to buy it when you're done.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game for couples, January 13, 2012
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
A fantastic and fun game for couples and friends. Expect some very bad jokes and a lot of fun with this one, well worth the price of admission!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, February 11, 2011
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
My husband and I were so excited to see YDKJ coming back! The game play is great, both in home games and online, and I will look forward to more games becoming available through download. We loved the PC versions and are now enjoying playing with our kids (teens). The trivia is often hilarious and we love watching for the "Wrong Answer of the Game". Love that it is compatible with our big button controllers from Scene It as I am basically video game challenged...these controllers make it easy for me! My only complaint would be that the type on the screen is so small...maybe I need to see the eye doctor! If the type were larger, I would give this fun trivia game perfect marks! Buy it and have fun!
Now if Microsoft would just bring back 1 vs. 100....I'm waiting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than ever., February 10, 2011
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
As a long time YDKJ fan from the first of the PC games, I was excited to see that it was coming to the XBox-360. I've only had a chance to play a few games, but YDKJ is back, and better than ever. Everything that made it great is still here, plus all new features, including fresh looking, but still classic game play that really immerses you into the trivia game show experience. My wife, who's not into console gaming, or trivia for that matter, thoroughly enjoys YDKJ as well, even when I've spanked her at it. I look forward to DLC, and online play. I hope You Don't Know Jack stays around for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nails, er Screws, it!, February 9, 2011
Brian Kramp (Kirkland, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
One of my favorite games of all time. Ran through the first few episodes and I have to say it's a great continuation of the series. If you loved it on PC, you'll love it on the Xbox. Good controls and smart execution.

The episodic nature is great, because when you play with friends it will know which episodes you've all played and choose the appropriate one for your game. Keep 'em coming!

You Don't Know Jack - Xbox 360