5.0 out of 5 stars Substance!
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Average at best.
Love the Herd, and love the radio show. But if you listen on the radio regular as I do there is nothing new in the book that you wont have heard already. Definitely not bad but I cannot give this more than three (3) stars.
Published 9 months ago by Andre Lynch

5.0 out of 5 stars Substance!, November 19, 2013
This review is from: You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will (Hardcover)
I read the first 100 pages of Colin's book today while on travel in LA, and let me tell you Colin: there were 5 firetrucks parked outside the Barnes and Noble on Rosecran as I left the store! To summarize: Colin talks about how his early childhood experiences gave him a vantage point for life after being traumatized by sports figures not living up to how they are portrayed on TV and through the media. Further, Colin goes with his gut - trusting his instincts as always- rather than being foolish buying into today's phony media trends. This book is classical Colin at his best: substance! Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars respectable, November 20, 2013
I enjoyed most of this book. Some of the rants I had heard before on the show. Many of the lines made me laugh out loud. Still, I felt that a few of the arguments could've been better developed. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of college football. I skipped the essay on that. I would've wanted a slightly longer book, but I did enjoy the read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average at best., December 16, 2013
Andre Lynch "Dre" (Frisco, TX United States) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the Herd and Colin/did not like the book, November 21, 2013
This review is from: You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will (Hardcover)
I'm a big Herd fan. Watch the show almost every day...Colin is great...Was expecting the book to be an extension of the show/to show a more personal/funny side and to share some of the behind the scenes information we've never seen or heard...turns out the book is mostly a regurgitation of topics/stats from his shows. Not much new info or behind the scene nuggets I was hoping for. When Colin ad-libs on the show and displays his true personality/you can't look away...when the show is scripted (see new format how he starts the show) it comes across as boring and fake. His hosting of Olbermann was painful to watch...too much script and not enough Colin... The book comes across the same way...boring...sorry Colin...

4.0 out of 5 stars If you listen to Colin.., March 8, 2014
This review is from: You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will (Hardcover)
and I do, much of what he writes in the book he has talked about repeatedly on his good show. So if you like him, this will reinforce that. If you don't, or don't know him, can't recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, December 23, 2013
James Mushener (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will (Hardcover)
I love Colin's show, but it seems as though his thoughts and humor just don't translate that well to the written word. As previous reviewers have noted, many of the topics in the book we've heard before, delivered more timely and concisely over the air waves. It's like a comedian that writes a book. Would you rather see him live or read his jokes on a page? I think Colin can branch out into other areas, but author probably isn't one of them. I've had the book for a month and still haven't gotten around to finishing it yet.
Hardly a page-turner. Still love the radio show though!!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't like it, that's a "you" problem., November 29, 2013
This review is from: You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will (Hardcover)
Just finished this book and it was great. It's pretty simple, if you enjoy his radio show you'll enjoy the book. The print is good sized and the chapters are small so its a quick read and it isn't riddled with pointless filler material. Straight to Colin's thoughts and theories and is paced very well. It's easy to read a couple chapters and take a break. If you listen a lot to his show, you may find some of the material to be a little re-hashed, but that should be expected. Off the air, Colin gets a little more in-depth and honest about most of the topics, so it is very interesting to hear more about how he feels. Don't agree on everything but he's a smart guy, can't deny that.

3.0 out of 5 stars An average book!, November 20, 2013
It is an ok book. Interestingly insightful. I cant give it anymore stars because to me it was just an average book nothing really great about it and nothing really bad. I think if you really like Colin you will like the book. I did like his take on Tiger Woods.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED this book, May 2, 2014
This review is from: You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will (Hardcover)
Frankly, I never thought much of Colin Cowherd. He plays the foil to the latest ESPN babe and that's about it. But I saw this book in the library, it's a long weekend, so...

This is a great book - funny, informative, even philosophical. The guy knows his sports and he also knows how to tell a story. And unlike most authors of non-fiction these days, he mostly overcame to need to ram his personal politics down our throats. I can't imagine anyone with an interest in sports not getting a lot out of reading this.

But I must strongly disagree with him on one thing: Soccer will NEVER be a major spectator sport in the US. despite being around for decades, with the exception of Beckham, the average sports fan has no idea who the players are. The kids don't wear their uniforms and don't pretend to be the players. And except during the World Cup, few watch the games on tv.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, January 14, 2014
Funny and engaging great read for those who love Collin. Good humor balanced with true insight and some thoughtful essays. Makes you think a little more about the sports equivalent of a shock jock.

You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will
You Herd Me!: I'll Say It If Nobody Else Will by Colin Cowherd (Hardcover - November 19, 2013)
$26.00 $19.90