5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and Real, May 11, 2004
Virginia Lore "rumtussle" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
_You Look too Young to Be a Mom_ is a collection of essays that manages to be inspirational while avoiding mere sentimentality. A diverse group of voices is represented in the collection. The writer of one essay could be the kid next door, while the writer of another may come from a completely different region--both of the country and of mind. As a whole, the collection serves up wisdom, heart, humor, pain, and perspective, each in its turn.

5.0 out of 5 stars teen mom, December 17, 2006
YOU LOOK TO YOUNG TO BE A MOM- is a wonderful collection of essays from strong women. The book will make you cry and smile all at the same time. People always say its such a hardship to be a teen mom but most of the burden comes not from the situation but the strain society puts on teen moms and their offspring. I would recommend everyone buy this book. I have read this book a dozen times over and i never tirer of hearing these womens voices as they recount their journies through the joys and trials of womanhood and motherhood. I think this book really explains why anything worth having is worth working for.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT STORIES =], September 13, 2007
I loved the book. The essays are ALL different and something you can relate to. ALL with wonderful endingds. I highly reccomend this book to anyone looking for some boost!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great writing, October 11, 2012
This review is from: You Look Too Young to Be a Mom: Teen Mothers Speak Out on Love, Learning, and Success (Paperback)
I loved every essay in this book. Well written. I was happy that teen moms of all generations were included in this inspiring book. It casts a hopeful light on young motherhood.

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful book, December 20, 2007
This book expresses the many complicated feelings that pregnant teenagers go through in a realistic way.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 STaRZ, June 13, 2008
I got this book 4 my friend that had jus found out that she was prego, but she had lost it after I got tha book. But I read it, and I definitely think it woulda helped her.
I'd recommend it 2 any prego teen.

Used & New from: $1.56