4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the average textbook
After all of the textbooks I've been through, this was a breath of fresh air. it doesn't read like a text book and actually engages the reader.

Published on August 4, 2009 by Daniel F. Lalonde

3.0 out of 5 stars Tries too hard not to be a textbook.
Published on July 30, 2010 by slava550

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the average textbook, August 4, 2009
This review is from: You May Ask Yourself: An Introduction to Thinking Like a Sociologist (Paperback)

If you read the preface etc, you see several folks assisted the author. From time to time the switch in gears makes this somewhat obvious and breaks the flow. Outside of that this would be the first text book I'd take the time to review.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good book, June 17, 2010
This book is a very good and easy reader. I am not a big fan of textbooks but this one is really good. It is writting in a way that is easy to understand and using the language that young people use. I red most of it and many times I was roling on the floor because some of the chapters are really funny. The author gives real examples that help to understand the subject and make you realize things around you that you have never pay attention to.I was happy to read this book and I also met the author personally on one of the seminars. he is a young and very educated man , very bussy too.and he know what he is talking about.I would defenatelly recomend this book to students to learn something about sociology.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good textbook, July 12, 2010
I am glad my teacher chose this particular book for our sociology class. This made the sociology concepts easy to understand, and I dare I say, actually interesting! It was not dry and difficult to read like other sociology books I have had to read in the past.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tries too hard not to be a textbook., July 30, 2010
Best part of this book was the price. I'm used to paying $150+ for textbooks and $40 was a nice surprise. On a downside the book is not at all what I expect from a textbook. It tries to be hip and cool and uses some swear words and heavily quotes from pop culture. Unfortunately, it really distracts from reading. Book introduces a lot of unnecessary terms and does not define them very well. Examples that suppose to clarify concepts are not helpful and in several instances simply incorrect. Some information presented in the book is incomplete. For example, the chapter on religion does a fairly good job on Christianity but offers only a paragraph on Judaism and Islam and completely ignores all Eastern religions.
Overall, not the greatest and not the worst. 2.5-3 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of Date, January 28, 2012
This book was barley usable for my class. It had many missing chapters that the new version did have, and also the chapters are in a different order from the newer version so the book was kind of confusing. It may cost some extra cash but I recommend getting the latest version. This one is almost obsolete.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice book, April 13, 2014
I bought it for my brother.. who is going to college.. and had to buy it for class. I will be reading it when his done with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good textbook., April 7, 2014
For a textbook this is fairly entertaining. It's not your typical textbook in the sense that it has some personality, like an actual person wrote it instead of a robot. Unfortunately I couldn't stand the sociology class or the teacher instructing me, but that is not the books fault. I can honestly day that I learned more by reading random parts of this book during the lectures than when I actually payed attention

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is awesome, February 10, 2014
Of all the textbooks that I have ever owned, this is the ONLY one that I kept. Dalton Conley provides well-rounded information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 4, 2011
Buyer was very helpful, sent my package earlier then scheduled for me! Book is in fine condition. Practically good as new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 6, 2014
Exceedingly easy to read for a text book.

You May Ask Yourself: An Introduction to Thinking Like a Sociologist
You May Ask Yourself: An Introduction to Thinking Like a Sociologist by Dalton Conley (Paperback - November 19, 2008)
Used & New from: $0.01