Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 29, 2006 6:19:44 PM PST
Jeanne Bliss says:
CEO's: Are you wondering why you can't make traction with customers, even though it's been a corporate priority and even on your scorecards for years?

VP's: Is it challenging to get folks to work together on common customer projects? Do you sometimes feel like the lone man pushing the rock up the hill?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2006 8:32:38 AM PDT
Lance Haun says:
I am very excited about reading this book Jeanne. I received a copy from inBubbleWrap and I just started. Reading how positive the reviews are, I am more excited.

When there is a truly effective solution out there for changing the "customer service attitude" from an ineffective cliche to effective action, what sorts of barriers are there from a CEO or other VP viewpoint? Is it simply a buy-in issue? That's what I am interested in.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2006 12:10:19 PM PDT
Jeanne Bliss says:
Lance:

It's more than buy-in...actually much more. And that's where the hang up is. People do the "buy in" dance. Why wouldn't they? But what's disconnected are the metrics, the motivation (rewards and "attaboys") and the mechanics (how the company works across the silos) to change how the business operates. There's also this: The Power Core of the Company. The Power Core is the natural core of competencies that exist in the company. Depending on what those are and how closely they are related to the competencies to necessary to driving a customer unified culture (ability to work across the silos, connecting the operational metrics, customer listening and so on - these are noted in the book), you may have a huge chasm to cross. "Buy-in" doesn't include getting the commitment to take the time and hard work to change the ocmpany in the fundamental ways necessary. And so the beat goes on - there's hoopla, and "buy-in" - but when the hard work starts things begin to crumble. The book goes into extensive details on all of these "ahas" on why customer efforts crash and burn and what you can do about it. Let me know what you think once you've read more! I'm happy to help...just give me a call if you want to chat it out. Jeanne

Posted on Jul 14, 2009 8:22:39 PM PDT
Ray Brown says:
Hi Jeanne Great response tp Lance. We are very much on the same page and I know that our project will lead to more book sales for you !! Ray Brown, Melbourne
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 29, 2006
Latest post:  Jul 14, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about