4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Vocal Range By Jessica Sanchez.
Published 21 months ago by M. Mariba

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a major J. Sanchez fan, and I was disappointed
One of the best performances I've ever seen was Jessica Sanchez on "American Idol" singing Etta James' hit "Steal Away." I've watched that video many times.
I would pay good money to hear her sing more of that kind of music.
Her album is, alas, not that kind of music. I know she wants to earn a living, just like we all do, and she is selling what mainstream...
Published 12 months ago by David M. Freedman

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Vocal Range By Jessica Sanchez., April 30, 2013
M. Mariba "the teacher" (pretoria, south africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
Jessica Sanchez, R 'n B singer-songwriter is hoping to grow her fan base with this new CD. This former America Got Talent contestant (being knocked out at wild card stage) & American Idol 2011 runners-up has an impressive vocal range that she displays in this new CD release titled 'Me, You & The Music' (11 tracks). She co-wrote three of the songs in this CD, namely "Crazy Glue" (a slow-tempo/ballad with a beautiful melody, wonderful violin play and great orchestral base track), "No One Compares" (a slow electro-pop/dance track featuring the latin sensation Prince Royce) and "You've Got The Love" (up-tempo electro-dance/pop track). Other song composers in this CD include Dave Stewart (of the Eurythmics fame), legendary rocker Tom Petty (of the Heartbreakers) in "Don't Come Around" (an incredible mid-tempo track with wonderful vocal range execution by Jessica Sanchez and accompanied by great harmonies) & "Drive By" (a mid-tempo track . R 'n B singer-songwriter Jazmine Sullivan also is a co-writer in this one). The famous Ne-Yo (R 'n B singer-songwriter, producer & record label executive) is one of her producers and he is featured in the first great single "Tonight" (a wonderful mid-tempo duet, great vocals).

Stand-out tracks/gems/my favourites are "Tonight", "Don't Come Around", "Crazy Glue" & "In Your Hands" (incredible melody and vocals. I love the drumkit sound of this track). Good tracks include the opening "Right To Fall" (a electro-dance/pop track, great vocals and harmony), "Plastic Roses" (a slow-tempo/ballad) & "Gentlemen". Okay tracks are "No One Compares"(both original and Spanglish versions) & "Drive By".

Jessica Sanchez shows great promise in her musical career in this new CD 'Me, You & The Music'. I hope she can 'cut her own niche'' in this very competitive R 'n B arena with the likes of Beyonce', Rihanna among so many others. On Overall, this is a great effort from Jessica Sanchez, a highly recommended CD release for listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, May 3, 2013
Darren Hallam (New Braunfels, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
I have loved Jessica from the first time I heard her sing and have been a huge fan ever since. I am not a huge fan of house music but I orderd the spacial edition through Jessica's website not really expecting much but willing to support her. Well, I love it!!!

It reminds me of Lady Gagas style of music which is a huge commpliment. Jessica can sing anything. She isso young and I believe this the perfect album to build an amazing carer on.

The songs are catchy, easy to listen too and Jessica is nailing every song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
Perfect debut album for her. It has the right amount of everything and she gave her powerful voice and enthusiasm to each of the eleven tracks. My favorite is Don't Come Round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Vocals, Young, Current, Versatile, Promising..., May 5, 2013
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
Me, You & the Music is a testament of the versatility and promise this young artist has. Sanchez gave her audience a taste of her powerful vocals on American Idol. With her debut album, she showcases her undeniable and unique vocal techniques with the music of today. Her vocals on point, her music... current. So much promise to look forward to and in store with this kind of vocal technical ability. Great job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Album is sick! Really good!, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
I love the album. It is a mix of dancey, uptempo, urban, r&b and ballad songs. It is really hard to pick a favorite. I feel that each songs can be a radio hit, and better than songs we hear nowadays in the radio. It is so amazing. Jessica Sanchez' vocal really shines in each tract, even in the dancey uptempo song. I got my amazon order yesterday and been playing it non-stop since then. So much talent. First time I have bought from an American Idol alumna. I don't regret it one bit. This is a highly recommended album. Everybody should buy this. World should listen to this powerhouse vocal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Awesome First Offering!, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
I wanted to listen to this album for a solid week before I posted. Sometimes after listening to any new album for the first time I tend to judge the music with its contemporaries and thus not feeling or not giving it a chance to marinate on its own merit. I've got to say this album did not disappoint. Matter of fact for me it was well on point. From beautiful ballads like "Plastic Roses" to "In Your Hands". To the wonderful up-tempo tracks like "Gentlemen" and "Tonight". But that's just the start, "Don't Come Around" is just as stellar, not to mention "No One Compares". I know it sounds like hyperbole when we compare new artist to already established one's but this young lady sure does evoke Beyoncé in many of her tunes. But there are no complaints here. As my title states this is a Totally Awesome First Offering and I can only wish Ms. Sanchez much success on this album and in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!!!, May 13, 2013
Natalie Maghdoussian (Atlanta, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
Jessica did a incredible job with her first album. Big fan of hers. I can't tell you how beautiful her voice sounds. Can't get enough of her and her music. My favorite songs are Right To Fall, Tonight, Don't Come Around, Drive By, and Gentleman. Love the direction she took on this album with upbeat songs than just sticking with ballads which she has done on IDOL. Looking forward on her next album in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great voice!, May 12, 2013
JD (LA County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
Great first album. My favorite songs are Crazy glue, Don't come around, Tonight, Plastic roses and In your hands. I can't get Crazy glue out of my head. I will definitely buy her future albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Debut Album, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
Received my CD in the mail this week and I must say that I was skeptical about buying a CD knowing ahead of time that it would be filled with manufactured "POP" sound, but Jessica's voice was my deciding factor. After listening to the entire CD, I thought wow, she may have something good going here. After listening for a second time, I realized that this album is actually really good for POP music and can produce at least 3 more top 40 hits.

I'll start with my favorite, the Rhiannaish, "Don't Come Around". Borrowing (with permission) a sample of the Tom Petty classic "Don't Come Around Here No More". This song IMO should have been her first solo release though I see Interscope's logic in releasing "Tonight" with Ne-yo. My second Favorite song "Crazy Glue" was written by (then) 11 year old Heather Russel. If there is any song on this album that brings back memories of the Jessica from Idol, it's this song. The intro to this song shows off the beautiful subtleness of her voice and then by about 2:26 into the song she reminds us of why she was the runner up on Idol with her powerful range. My third favorite and potentially a (Female)fan fave is "Gentlemen". The song serves as a reminder of something that has gotten lost in today's society calling on real men to come out,singing about bringing on the chivalry which was somewhat lost with women's liberation. The song has the potential of being the most successful on the charts.
Other notables are "Right To Fall" (probably Jessica's choice for the next release), "Plastic Roses", and "In Your Hands".

For those who remember Jessica as the big balladeer from Idol, and are disappointed at Jessica's choice to release a POP oriented debut, need to remember that she is only 17 and needs to connect with fans her age if she wants to succeed in the music industry. This album is a perfect way to kick off her career and with Interscope properly backing her, this album can be a big success.

Recalling the words from Brandy to Jessica "Your gonna be huge, I promise".

Good luck Jessica.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Album!, May 5, 2013
This review is from: Me, You & The Music (Audio CD)
This album has enough variety to keep me interested. Jessica sounds amazing!. Been a fan since I heard her beautiful voice on "America's Got Talent" via YouTube. She was 11 years old. I appreciate Jessica's gift of "Voice" and anticipate she will continue to improve as she matures and gains experience. I wish her all the success and am eager to hear more from this extraordinary artist.

Me, You & The Music
Me, You & The Music by Jessica Sanchez (Audio CD - 2013)