Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 29, 2006 4:16:11 AM PST
Hi. I'm Will, the author, and I'm really interested to hear more stories of teachers using these tools with their students. If you have any to share, please post them here, or send me an e-mail at weblogged@gmail.com. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2006 4:52:02 PM PDT
Biblioholic says:
Since purchasing this book I have ventured in to using blogs in a literature circle reading group. My students loved it and I am so glad that I tried it. Will's book was so easy to read and follow. I highly recommend this to any teacher who wants to understand what our students already know. Schools need to be using this technology to get our students involved.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2006 9:42:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2006 9:45:08 PM PDT
bban9el says:
I have not yet read this book, but I try to use as much technology as possible in my classroom. Currently, I am teaching music part-time and exploring educational options. In pursuit of a second MSEd in Literacy, I stumbled upon podcasting and I am now researching the educational implications of this technology as a thesis project. This book will be very useful! As an assignment for a 21st century literacy course, I created a webquest on podcasting in music history. If you are interested in it, let me know and I will post a link.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2008 4:53:05 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 18, 2008 4:54:59 PM PDT
I use blogs with my students. I am at student at Pepperdine University's OMET (online masters in educational tech.) and I recently became interested in using blogs through the implementation of my action research project. I selected your book as a tool to help me find some great resources.

I use(d) blogs to have my students share their learning experiences or any cool web tools they found related to fourth grade content. For the most part, they loved the interaction between students but interest waned as time went on. I would absolutely introduce blogging again to students and thought it was a good use of technology to the exposure of blogging and using web communication/community building.

You have some great websites you mention in your book and I see that you also are writing a 2nd edition. One recommendation I have is visiting this website: http://mhetherington.net/blogs/?p=8 as this is where I really found some resources for creating a blog with my students that was free, safe, and didn't require email addresses for my 32 4th graders. I don't know how long the site has been up, but I used it around January 08. It's all about creating "student-centered blogs"-- great information.

I enjoyed the book and think blogging is great for students!

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 5:04:11 PM PST
celtic fan says:
I started a blog with a special education class as a way to socialize and as a way for them to keep in touch. Students respond to questions that I post and students post and respond to each other. Most of the students have low cognitive abilities and have trouble with reading and writing - so our writings are sometime short. I am going to purchase your book to see if I can improve the blogging. I am also hoping to give a short presentation to teachers on using blogs in the classroom - so I need to learn more.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 29, 2006
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms
Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms by Will Richardson (Hardcover - March 13, 2006)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (59)