5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Fun!
The stories are true which is amazing! Some are immensely funny while others are incredibly touching. It is crazy what guests have requsted of these concierge. Really fun and quick reading.
Published on August 24, 2011 by Jacqueline

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money
Published on January 14, 2012 by Hoolio

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, January 14, 2012
This review is from: You Want WHAT??? - Concierge Tales from the Men and Women Who Make Las Vegas Dreams Come True (Kindle Edition)
This book is terrible. I purchased this book to read on my way down to Vegas to get myself in the mood and was very disappointed. Most of the stories lack any details whatsoever which make the stories totally unappealing. For example there's a couple stories about guests wanting drugs but since that's illegal the concierge advises they cannot provide them... while I'm summarizing a bit that really is about all the detail that the author goes into, very boring. Another example of a worthless tale included in the book is that a guest wonders who a certain celebrity (not identified) uses for a plastic surgeon the concierge makes a few phone calls but cannot figure out the answer and that's the end of the story!

My second major criticism of this book is that its told in the first person however the stories come from multiple concierges but you never know when "I" changes. So sometimes "I" is a man, sometimes "I" is a woman, sometimes "I" is a rookie and sometimes "I" is a veteran... if the stories were great you might be able to overlook this but when the stories are so watered down for details they feel like the could be written by someone who'd never worked in a hotel this is one more reason to hate this book.

I really want my money back

1.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly dull book..., November 30, 2011
I thought this might have some juicy stories, or at least a few laughs. Each anecdote was very short, and almost always ended with an exclamation point! It could have been so much better, if it were fleshed out a bit. I felt like I was reading the funny/silly blurbs on the last page of a cheap women's magazine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful don't even think about it, August 30, 2011
I should have known from the cover that this book would not involve any elaborate stories. This book features a handful of 1 page stories about the most boring requests I have ever heard. If you are looking for a book full of stories of hookers, private parties and behind the scenes vegas, look somewhere else. If you are a grandmother you will enjoy this book because there isn't a single offensive story in here, it is all happy cute stuff. I recommend you read "Whale Hunt in the Desert: Secrets of a Vegas Super Host" this biography has interesting stories and gives you a good look into the life of hosts in vegas.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paragraph stories, April 25, 2012
The stories are rather dull. None of the stories last more than a paragraph or two. There is nothing special in this book. Save your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Fun!, August 24, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT, HONEST READ!, August 18, 2011
I finally got this book and loved it - the anecdotes were funny and believable, yet unbelievable at the same time. I met the author a couple of times, and she struck me as a lovely young woman who is a real asset to the concierge industry. This is a quick/must-read for anyone who works in the hospitality industry, or who just wants a good chuckle while working on their tan.

1.0 out of 5 stars BORING, January 28, 2012
R. Berk (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
There's just nothing exciting here. Each story begins with buildup, and the punchline always disappoints. There's nothing outlandish, nothing crazy, just people asking for weird things. The worst was the story where she simply misunderstood a foreign guest's accent. That's funny? It was just STUPID. Don't waste your money. The local Motel 6 front desk clerk has funnier stories than these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, August 9, 2011
This is a great book! I could not put it down! After every story, I continued out of both curiosity and simply because the stories are genuinely amusing. I live in Las Vegas but I never realized the guest's requests could be so silly sometimes. The author did a great job with the writing as well as the layout of the book. It is an interesting, light and fun read. I would recommend to anyone with a sense of humor ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN read!!!, August 2, 2011
Sunny (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This book is packed full of great personal concierge stories!! Everything from funny and outrageous to sweetly romantic. It's very entertainingly written and easy to read - you won't want it to end!! It's also very eye opening as far as how ridiculously extravagant some hotel guests are. This is the kind of book you want to pick up to put a smile on your face and take you out of your normal day to day life. A FUN read for sure!!!! You don't want to miss this one:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Living in Las Vegas, July 29, 2011
I have lived in Las Vegas for over 25 years and stayed at various hotels myself and I was amazed at what people ask for when they come here to visit. The author has managed to spin humor into these tales of actual events and provide interesting reading. I was unable to put this book down. It also gave me an appreciate for what many concierge go through to satisfy their guests. Kudos to the Author.