Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on March 26, 2013
OK, First of all when I purchased this book and started reading it, it wasn't so bad. It goes on how Rhea got dogged out by her husband Marcus whom cheated on her from the beginning and how she just went along thinking it was going to "magically" stop. Rhea is one the most stupid and the most foolish main characters I ever read. This is my opinion but if I could go back in time I wouldn't have purchased it all. Throughout the book this woman made the most stupidest decisions and fell for everything being so gullible. I'm very disappointed in this book, I thought it was going to be something I'd expected in interesting concepts like these but I didn't read any of that. Again this is my opinion, others thought otherwise but I wasn't feeling this one. Would I recommend to read, Nope.
on September 20, 2011
First off I would like to say that for those of you who had negative reviews saying that you found this book unrealistic or too far fetched, you must be living in a fantasy world. I just recently read the book and even though the book was written several years ago, it serves to be very true. I know some of these people in similar situations. We often are so busy looking for love that we forget about what is best for us. We are so busy trying to make others happy. No one wants to be lonely. Everyone wants love and companionship and like the song says many times we go looking for love in all the wrong places. I know moms like Davis's mother. They enable their kids, instead of telling them right from wrong they just let them do whatever. They fail to let their children grow up and be the true adults that they should be. When you are sick and tired of being lonely you often through tradition out the window just to try something new even though that something new isn't always good for you. In these days and time this isn't only happening to women but to men also. I have heard that true love is so hard to find these days. Many love and give their all while getting close to known in return. I say it's a must read for realism; sex, lies, deceit, voodoo, poverty, judging, ect. All these things happen in everyday life and she did a wonderful job of bringing it too life.
on December 22, 2008
I read this book when it first came out and i must say i was at a loss for words. Rhea is an accomplished young woman of mixed heritages. each culture that she's mixed with is known for being strong and confident. Rhea showed to be just that until she met the a boy not even worth being called a man.

She falls for his sweet talk and sex causing her to take leave of her senses. Rhea is beyond stupid when it comes to this man. he has kids by another woman that his mother keeps. she has encounters with the baby mama and still take back her man. he's a liar, with no real job or income and it's just plain ridiculous. He says he lost his job, his car etc the same ole bull that scrubs pull everyday.

i was shocked with the way this story ended. i don't know if Rhea is dead or what. there has to be a sequel to this book and as i stated earlier, i read this book when it first came out and still no sequel to date hmmm....
on March 3, 2008
The book was psychotic and crazy. But it was a page turner from beginning to end. Of course me being a helpless romantic wished that the two main characters of the book would have taken a different turn in the end, but, it didn't happen. So if happily ever after is what you're looking for, you wont find it in this book.
on June 22, 2014
this book was ok until the middle and then it became a boring book, is it a sequel to this because it did not end well, too many unanswered questions for me
on January 9, 2016
I enjoyed this book! I can't wait to read another one of your works! Please come out with a sequel or whatever your pen leads you! Keep up the good work!