Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 12, 2007
I like the website YouTube. We use it for our business and we post personal clips of our children doing funny things on the site. Our clients, family and friends love our posts, so I was excited to see there was a book on the subject.

But I was disappointed when I read it. I blew through the book in about an hour, and not in a good way. There just wasn't much meat to it. It was written by one of the founders, and it was mildly interesting hearing about the start-up, and acquisition by Google. There were some pictures of the players in the company that I liked.

The tragic story of an amateur catching the Chinese massacre of Tibetan monks, women and children did catch my attention. But there's no index, which I absolutely hate. So to make sure I told the story about the massacre correctly, I had to flip through the book to find this one interesting thing, instead of being able to quickly look it up in the index. I wish there was a federal law that you can't publish a book without an index - just kidding of course - it needs to be a constitutional amendment.

But beyond that I really didn't learn much that I hadn't already learned from just messing around with the site. He goes over loading content, signing up...yadda, yadda, yadda. If you can't figure that basic stuff out, you probably can't figure out how to get on-line. He says that YouTube is one of the most user friendly websites out there, so why cover such remedial stuff?

Then he talks about what the most popular this, that and the other are, which with the internet, has to be totally out of date by now.

The subtitle "Making Money by Video Sharing and Advertising Your Business for Free" was what made me buy this book. I felt like it was misleading. There really weren't any new, great or inspiring ideas to make money in this book.
on March 29, 2008
I bought this book because it offered how to make money by "advertising your business for free" on YouTube. The book had less than what YouTube for Dummies has and only three pages discussing business marketing on YouTube. Totally worthless is the bottom line. If you read Dummies, don;t waste your money on this one. I give it minus three stars.
on November 24, 2007
Many people may not like this book but I love it, the question is why. The most important thing I have learned from this book is that it triggered a thinking process and brain storming in me. Yes, brain storming, now I `m closing on some brilliant ideas for free online marketing and advertising for millions of viewers on not only YOUTUBE but many more video sharing websites. Now, I¿m learning how to use video sharing website like Youtube from this book. Simply, it made me realized what I was missing in free small business advertising opportunities around to save and make cash by just thinking out of the box. For evidence, just visit any video sharing website and see how kids and students are making money by just video sharing.

SMALL BUSINESS-The Art of The Start -40 Successful Concepts for A Small Business Start-up - You Start, Grow And Succeed
on July 23, 2008
The timing obviously seemed right for a book about youtube focusing on marketing products. The concept of youtube is pretty simple. I get it. I was hoping for some insight on how to really use the site more effectively to market. The book is more of an enhanced users guide and not really a very good one. Suggest a pass. Is it too late for a refund?
on August 9, 2009
Every reviewer has his own perspective, likes or dislikes, exceptions, and level of knowledge, I was expecting a purely artistic viewpoint with no technical details and the author actually start from the beginning, including a condensed You Tube history. They take you through the technical aspects of getting started on You Tube, and actually give you a ninety-nine cent film school chapter on how to shoot a video. Anybody can do it, I also like the beautiful pics of the Youtube creators in this book.

I think honest book reviews point out shortcomings and flaws, as well as the good stuff. Though I tried, and tried pretty hard, to find something to dislike about this book, the best I could come up with was this: I found a few typo and expect bit more on money making ideas on youtube!That's it.