Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

• Bible
  • Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 262 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on September 22, 2014
The app stops when I try to load my reading plans. This is new in the last view days. I can "Read" without problem but not through my existing plans. Very frustrating for the chronological reading plan. I loved the app until now. Not sure if kindle or app problem.
on October 9, 2012
too bad that this Bible app requires so many permissions to run. it even gets access to your account like Google ..... Live.com..... Hotmail..... yahoomail... etc. And besides that. it runs all the time even if you stop it. uninstalling .... and find a new app.
on September 20, 2014
I love this app so much, but lately it seems to have bugs and it crashes when I go to read the plans. Please fix it.
on September 21, 2014
I really like this app but for some reason every time I try to read my plan the app stops. This is really frustrating because I'm reading the chronological version and I don't want to get behind.
on November 28, 2012
I think I would have used this if it were NOT for the fact that it wants you to sign up to use it, I simply wanted an online Bible to read or more to the fact to be able to have it in audio format (cause my eyes are NOT what they use to be), so for me it was NOT useful...
on October 21, 2012
When I first found this version, I was delighted.
I like the layout and loved the easy in-app manuverability ...
It was great, and I enjoyed it at home all week!
But then Sunday came and I went to Church --
My church is small, and does NOT have wi-fi --
THAT is where I discovered that without an internet connection, this app doesn't work!

FAIL.
on April 23, 2013
You need to have an internet connection to use it. For WiFi Kindle users, this is not practical for a Bible "reader." Get one of the other apps (like the KJV Bible) or download the free ebook (ESV Bible). Then, you can read in the park or on the go...
on January 16, 2016
This was an excellent app until the most recent upgrade. I have used it for Bible study, for personal and family devotions, and to compare translations. I especially appreciated the ability to download some translations so I could access them off-line since I am not always in a wi-fi hot spot, and in my rural location, my own residential wi-fi sometimes goes out. Originally, this was a five-star app.

It has always tried, however, to be a type of Facebook wannabe, with ways to do social networking. That was okay with me, since I was not forced into it. Then, suddenly, everything changed. I really needed the help this version gives, and I needed it at a crucial moment. I was not in a wi-fi zone, and the app would not upload. It told me that there was no internet connection, that I had no translations, no notes, no anything, and that I needed to connect to the internet.

A day later, when I re-established an internet connection, the app decided to update. What a disappointment! First, it forgot my old user name and password, and I had to re-establish all of that. When I did, all my notes and downloaded translations were gone. I have since re-acquired some of my favorite ones, but there is one more problem:

How do I say this? The new interface/presentation is UGLY! A blank, vanilla sheet of paper, without the useful sidebars. A constant harassment for me to do social networking, to engage in programs that neither interest nor help me. Sometimes, I can get on without an internet connection; other times, I cannot. It never loads on the page I need; I always have to do a quick search to find where I want to go, and it feels like I'm starting over every time I use the app.

I really don't need the overload of famous megachurches and megachurch pastors telling me how I ought to study the Bible, or advice from famous people, or videos or chats or all the other bells and whistles.

If there was any way to return to the excellent, un-updated app that I downloaded two years ago, I would do it in a heartbeat. I have already found a couple of other apps that do what I need, except they don't have the excellent variety of translations that this one has. I still go here for that reason, but when I'm just doing a daily Bible reading, or need a quick reference, this app is no longer useful to me.

It was once a five-star app. Now it is two. And I might have put it in the one-star, but I do still use it. What a tragedy.
on December 6, 2015
At first I loved this app. Used it all the time. Now it's so frustrating to use. When you are listening to it, after a while, the page simply goes blank! You have to reload and start over again. I've contacted the support team and they've contacted the developer several times through email and they can't seem to fix the problem. They tell you to go into settings and clear the cache, delete the app, restart your Kindle and reinstall the app. I've done this several times too, and it continues to happen. Starts out great, and I think it's working right, then after a few days of using it, it goes back to the same thing, simply goes blank! The developers can't seem to fix the problem. I've asked for the older version back because it NEVER did this. They won't give me the older version back. In time, after using this app for a few days, it will frustrate the heck out of you too.
on March 1, 2013
this app won't let you look through different parts what i'm trying to say is it makes you start reading from the very beginning