Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on April 10, 2011
This book continues the excellent work described in YMAW: Connecting Number Sense, Addition, and Subtraction. The problems described may at first glance sound similar to those in classrooms across North America, but the ways the teachers take these problems up with their students transforms them into very meaningful contexts that go much deeper than the supposedly "simple basics" they are often reduced to. By approaching multiplication and division in the ways described here, students will have a strong foundation for understanding ratio and fractions and for working with algebra.
on December 28, 2015
This is a great book for explaining some of the steps children should go through while constructing and understanding of multiplication and division. I read this in the summer, and it fueled a lot of ideas for the school year's instruction. It also contains several minilesson ideas throughout, which I had intended to put to use, but never ended up doing so. Still, I highly recommend it as a book that helps teachers set a strong focus for the year's math instruction.
on March 28, 2015
I think Cathy Fosnot is so smart, and I love this series of books. Such a great tool for teachers to think about how to teach math and how kids build their understanding of mathematics.
on June 28, 2010
The shipping for this product took over 2 and a half weeks and unfortunately I was forced to return it because I was taking a 5 week class that was already over half way over by the time the book arrived so I had already purchased it from another outlet. The seller did accept a return for a full refund, which was very nice.