Customer Reviews


4 Reviews
5 star:
 (1)
4 star:    (0)
3 star:    (0)
2 star:    (0)
1 star:
 (3)
 
 
 
 
 
Average Customer Review
Share your thoughts with other customers
Create your own review
 
 

The most helpful favorable review
The most helpful critical review


3 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good
Other reviews here seem to focus either on a faulty copy someone received or a repeat of a previously released DVD. I presume beuing listed as a box set does infer a collection of perhaps titles available before and I agree this should be mentioned but the actual content here is very good. 2 DVDs first from 67 to 75 and second 76 -2010 telling the whole Neil Young story...
Published 17 months ago by Robbie Matador

versus
59 of 61 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars "This set is not authorized by Neil Young, his management or record label."
This is absolutely the worst video I have ever purchased. Here is why:
The majority, like 99%, of the video is complete nobodies....some obscure person who wrote an article, at best a biographer and a guy or engineered one song in '67. The other 1% of the video are clips...maybe 5 to 10 seconds at a time, of Neil performing commonly available (on you tube) footage...
Published on July 25, 2012 by Jen


Most Helpful First | Newest First

59 of 61 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars "This set is not authorized by Neil Young, his management or record label.", July 25, 2012
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Young, Neil - DVD Collector's Box (DVD)
This is absolutely the worst video I have ever purchased. Here is why:
The majority, like 99%, of the video is complete nobodies....some obscure person who wrote an article, at best a biographer and a guy or engineered one song in '67. The other 1% of the video are clips...maybe 5 to 10 seconds at a time, of Neil performing commonly available (on you tube) footage. Who wants to see a 5 second clip and then listen to a complete nobody talk for 2 minutes about "why this song is good?" There are even more than occasion when these nobodies, in so many words, state that Neil can't sing very well." Also, there were completely uncalled for and unprofessional statements made by these nobodies such as "I hate Crosby, Stills and Nash...they are fat choir boys..."
Don't waste your money I repeat it states on the box:
"This set is not authorized by Neil Young, his management or record label."
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


37 of 38 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars absolute waste of money ..., July 14, 2012
By 
Dave Hambright (Kingston, OK United States) - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Young, Neil - DVD Collector's Box (DVD)
.... unless you collect DVDs for the plastic ... Just a couple of pseudo-experts rambling on as if they have insight into Young's career. Many books available that are far more superior and informative.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


3 of 4 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Young, Neil - DVD Collector's Box (DVD)
Other reviews here seem to focus either on a faulty copy someone received or a repeat of a previously released DVD. I presume beuing listed as a box set does infer a collection of perhaps titles available before and I agree this should be mentioned but the actual content here is very good. 2 DVDs first from 67 to 75 and second 76 -2010 telling the whole Neil Young story. Both discs contain a wealth of archive footage much of which I've not seen before
Well worth picking up in my view
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


8 of 30 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, July 7, 2012
By 
Mike Rivers (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Young, Neil - DVD Collector's Box (DVD)
So I got the DVD and popped it into my Macbook pro.

It doesn't play.

I popped the second DVD in.

It doesn't play.

Neil, how could you?
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


Most Helpful First | Newest First

Details

Young, Neil - DVD Collector's Box
Young, Neil - DVD Collector's Box by Neil Young (DVD - 2012)
$26.95 $19.29
Usually ships in 2 to 3 days
Add to cart Add to wishlist
Search these reviews only
Send us feedback How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you? Let us know here.