5.0 out of 5 stars A heart warming example of the true meaning of Christmas.
Published on November 2, 1999 by Janet Wilbur (janet_wilbur@hot...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, poor quality
Thought today's children could benefit from watching what life was like during the frontier days of our country. The story line was good and did express the hardships of those times along with the simple life, family love and dedication, care for one another within their communities. However, the video quality was quite poor; colors way off, especially skin color. It...
Published 8 months ago by four by nine

5.0 out of 5 stars A heart warming example of the true meaning of Christmas., November 2, 1999
I saw this movie on T.V. last year and I have been trying to locate a copy on video so that I can use it as a family teaching tool. Every year we get so caught up in the materialism of Christmas and we sometimes forget just how blessed we really are. The young pioneer family in this movie shows how love conquers all and that we should be joyous and thankful for all that God gives us, all throughout the year. It really changed my attitude towards the whole gift-giving process; We should all give and receive from the heart and not be concerned about monetary value. I highly recommend this movie for families every where! God Bless...

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Warming Movie, December 12, 2006
This is a wonderful family Christmas movie.I first saw it many years

ago and have never forgotten it. I was so glad that I found a copy

at Amazon.com.Watching this movie really makes you appreciate the

simple things in life. This movie is so good it will make you laugh

and cry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Pioneers Christmas, July 9, 2009
I also watched this movie when it first came on TV....this is actually a sequel to "THE YOUNG PIONEERS"....I BELIEVE IT WAS ON TV A YEAR OR SO EARLIER.....I have searched for years to find a copy of the first pioneer movie and have never seen it in any form....vhs or dvd....with all the crap movies that are put out each year it seems like these movies would be on dvd......if anyone knows where either one would be availible please post...thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Young Pioneers Christmas, January 20, 2013
E. Lombard "Lizasaurus" (Melbourne, Victoria, AU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD (DVD)
A really enjoyable Christmas movie suitable for family viewing. The story was written by Rose Wilder Lane (Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter) along the same lines as the Little House books. The film is well acted and very emotional - a real tear jerker - and follows on from the first story of The Young Pioneers (by the way why is the original film not available) when the young couple were married and first moved out west when they were aged only 16 & 18 years old. This second part of the series continues on their story and shows the hardships people endured during this time and how neighbours all helped each other out sharing what little they had. Can you imagine many people doing this now in this age of greed, greed and more greed?

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming pioneer story, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD (DVD)
This movie is a sequel to "Young Pioneers", based on a novel by Rose Wilder Lane, daughter of Laura Ingalls Wilder. The first movie is available as part of a set of movies called "Adventure Movie Pack" and put out by Echo Bridge entertainment. Both are excellent movies for the whole family and depict the hardships faced by pioneers in our country.

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Pioneers Christmas, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Young Pioneers Christmas (DVD)
This is a story of life of a young couple who headed west to start there life in the old west, this is a must to own and enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars One our favorites, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD (DVD)
My wife and I had watched an old VHS copy we made from TV from years ago which has seen its better days and are very thankful for this DVD version. It's a great story of the simplicity of the pioneer days, and in spite of huge obstacles, how the human spirit can carry us through. It makes us realize what a blessing we can still be when we give something from our heart instead of just ordering a gift over the internet and putting it in a gift bag. We would really like to see the first Young Pioneers movie on DVD but so far have only seen the VHS version available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Young Pioneers Christmas, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD (DVD)
It was wonderful movie. Definately a girl movie. Could be a tear jerker. There was no foul language or suggestive content.

5.0 out of 5 stars everyone that watch it loved it, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD (DVD)
Grandkids and kids all watch it and loved the story, we had seen parts of it on TV last year but wanted to watch it from the being to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD CLEAN ADULT MOVIE, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD (DVD)
I enjoyed this movie and would like to see more movies that are as clean and caring as this one. It has meaning of doing for others so I see it as setting a good example to adults young and old. I liked it as it is my type of movie.

Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD
Young Pioneers' Christmas with Bonus CD by Michael O'Herlihy (DVD - 2012)
Used & New from: $7.40