Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 23, 2009
I work on board tug boats in the harbor of NY/NJ and wanted a waterproof cold weather glove to handle wet lines during the winter, or to wear in a cold rain where every other garment of mine is warm and waterproof.

This is a decent glove if you dont plan on actually getting it wet. (putting it under a faucet isn't really a good test). In actual use, I've found that the gloves are more water "resistant", not waterproof. They start out fine, but after 10 minutes of handling wet lines, the inside starts to get wet and cold real fast. I still wear them, but shelf them for PVC lobsterman gloves when I know they're really going to get wet.

On the flip side, if you're only going to get them wet occasionally, or accidentally, these will be fine. (chances are though, such people won't be shopping for a glove labeled "waterPROOF"). There could also be more insulation... in the future, I dont think I'll consider a glove with a thin fleece lining to be a "winter" glove.

On the good side, the dexterity is good, enough to operate a handheld VHF radio, (dont expect to send text messages with them) and after 3 months of constant abuse, they've held up great.

3 stars though for not living up to a major selling point.
55 comments| 274 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2009
I bought these gloves because the winter gloves I've had are big and puffy and make doing pretty much any sort of small work impossible.

These gloves, while a little more cumbersome than I had hoped are very warm and very waterproof while still being very breathable and easy to work with.

I've also used them whenever I need to do some work outside whether that be turning valves or picking up tree branches and while I'm not sure they'd stand up to all day work for more than a winter so far they've done everything I've asked.

One problem that I have had with them is that the liner has a tendency to get bunched up in the fingers and sometimes that can be a little bit of a pain in the butt to get unbunched. It only happens in one of my gloves though so maybe it is a rare thing.

EDIT: 12/22/2010 I bought another pair when I saw them pop up on the deal of the day page. They are still in the package though because the original set I bought are still going strong. After almost 3 winters none of the seems are busting, the gloves are still waterproof and as warm as the day I bought them. I'm very happy with them.
on November 12, 2008
i bought these gloves because the reviews and the ad said they were warm, waterproof, and rugged. they are actually pretty tough and dont seem to wear out quickly. and they are close fitting enough you can grab things with them, and they even look pretty cool! but my complaint is that they are not warm enough! in 40f degree weather, riding my bicycle, my hands freeze! my hands would be better off in fists stuffed in my pockets without gloves! and they are not really waterproof, but more like water resistant. i expected more from these gloves and i was let down. if you are not in really cold weather and not in an area that it rains often, then these gloves will do you fine. but if you actually need WARM and WATERPROOF gloves, i recommend something else.
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 25, 2010
I have looked long and hard for a warm, waterproof, and tough winter glove. I could not be more pleased with these!!!! I'm a crew chief in the Air Force in Pittsburgh which means I work outside all the time. These gloves give me enough dexterity to do a lot of tasks that others cannot do with normal winter gloves.

Also, I work in Pyrotechnics and I do several winter shows a year. These gloves are tough enough that they have survived 3 shows. A normal pair of work gloves you'd buy at sears would normally last that long before they are worn through. I still use these gloves every day at my full time job at the base. 6 other people i work with have purchased them already.

Highly recommended.

...I'd also like to add that during a fireworks show i ran a nail through the outside shell of one of the fingers and they are STILL waterproof.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2007
I love these gloves. They are very well made and fit great and are comfortable to wear. I work on the flightline at the 177th Fighter Wing in NJ and on the coldest days my hands stay warm and dry. I also have a pair of their non winter weight gloves which are also fantastic.
on September 19, 2015
I work in a warehouse freezer, and ride a motorcycle. For the warehouse, these gloves are perfect. I stack empty wood pallets all day. Most gloves last me between a week and a month before they wear out enough for the cold to seep through. These have lasted me 10 weeks so far, and only this last week got a hole worn in them. The freezer is -10°F to -30°F, my hands stay nice and warm, but not sweaty. I've seen some reviews complain about the inner lining coming out when they take out their hand, this does happen (and in my experience every glove with an inner lining does) unless you take the glove off by pulling the glove off from the finger tips first.

For use on the motorcycle... No. At 50° and 50mph, the cold wind cuts right thru these. Ya, i know 50° isn't very cold, but if its cutting thru at that temp it will be colder at lower temps.

Water proof? Yes. Like any other water proof glove, if you stick your hand in past the cuff, the water will still seep in. The waterproof layer is in the middle, so the outer layer will still get soaked
review image
on January 21, 2012
Ordered these to work in freezing and wet conditions, scrubbing out water and feed bowl for wild animals at a wildlife refuge this winter. The lining of the right glove broke free from the glove on the second use. The "thermal" lining failed on the third use. My hands were frozen and felt a bit damp so the waterproofiness may have failed too.

Very disappointed. This is a decent bit of money to spend on gloves that fail so quickly.

I'm sure the gloves would perform better in milder conditions. Maybe instead of calling them "Winter" gloves, "Fall" or "Spring" would be more appropriate.
on December 21, 2014
Very dissappointed with these gloves. I bought these gloves based on the online reviews and the company's promotional videos. I bought two pairs just because I was going to put them to rough-use and wanted a back-up pair just in case I wore them out.

I needed some sturdy gloves for an ocean crossing on board a sailing yacht. There would be a lot of rope work involved in cold and wet conditions. I needed gloves that provided certain level of dexterity that would stand-up to the rough work while keep my hands warm and dry.

Fist of all, the model name is misleading as they are NOT WATERPROOF. My hands were soaking wet whenever the gloves were splashed with water. Even in drizzle they would get wet.

Secondly, the build quality of the seams is not very good. Both pairs ripped at the seams where the knuckles would be (picture included) after just a couple of uses.

On the plus side, the fit is good, it's a type of padded form fit for your hands, and they were relatively warm if I could keep them dry.
review image
on January 6, 2009
I bought these gloves for my husband as a Christmas present as he works outside on our farm in all kinds of weather. He loves them! He tells me they are so warm and keep his hands dry. No complaints at all.
on January 1, 2008
I am pleased with these gloves. I was looking for something to snowblow with. Something that would keep my hands warm and dry. While they are warm, I was hoping for alittle bit warmer. Work well as long as it's not freezing out. They definetly are waterphoof.
My hands never felt wet. The fit is nice. They are not bulkie which help in moving your fingers during the running of the machine.
I would recomend.