Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Your Baby in Pictures: The New Parents' Guide to Photographing Your Baby's First Year
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 4, 2014
as a first time mom who is new to more advanced photography i REALLY appreciate this book. great ideas and suggestions for pics by age range. some of the pics we were doing but it gave me ideas for many more. we always get lots of comments on the pics we share of our daughter. there are dslr recipes for the pics but you can use the ideas of pics to capture with any camera, even a smart phone. in fact we also capture many pics with our phones. i just bought this authors book for family pics and now that our baby is almost a year we're buying the book she has for older kids.
on March 15, 2011
This book is great for beginning photographers and experienced photographers alike. Me Ra doen't just jump into photographing your baby but gives great tips and tricks for general photography (with examples). The best part, however, is how the book is broken down into the different stages in your child's first year beginning with 0-3 months.
My first born child is due in one week, and I can't wait to use Me Ra's book to capture the story of my child's life!
on February 28, 2014
This book is ok, although I was expecting a bit more based on the great reviews. This is better for a beginner photographer with a point and shoot camera or someone who just got their firs dslr. For those people the book will be useful, since it has very simple instructions on how to get the shots.
I'm an intermediate photographer and I was looking for new ideas and techniques for photographing babies. A lot of the ideas in the book are sort of like photography 101 and the ideas cover the basics. Nothing very unique or new to me. So this is definitely more for beginners.
on March 21, 2011
This book is beautifully done. I love this book!
It is so easy to understand, and gives you clear tips and instructions on not only the technical aspects, but the ideas behind the photos. It explains the concept of storytelling, which is so needed when photographing your baby.
Such a great book to not only read, but use as a handy guidebook. plus, it is not only for DSLR usesrs, but also the Point and shooters out there. I would totally recommend this book for anyone with a new baby, or anyone who may be interested in getting into the business of photographing babies and children.
on March 15, 2011
Love this book. Anyone who has a baby in there life needs to have a copy of this book. It is clear, concise and inspiring. The "recipes" are easy to understand and the results are beautiful. This is a must have and would also make a great gift.
on March 18, 2016
Not really what I was expecting. I am a relative newbie with my DSLR and wanted help on posing and getting good baby pics for my soon to arrive first grandchild. It was very basic even for me and I thought they would give more info on posing. Also camera part just listed what she did to achieve her pictures. That doesn't help me much when every lighting and home has different lighting. Every chpt is the same as far as "tell the story" by posing them or just taking the picture. I can do everyday shots that capture spur of the moment, I need inspiration on posed shots and shots that will stand the test of time. Waste of money for me!
on June 24, 2016
This book gave me great ideas on taking pics of my kids that I wouldn't have taken before, like them playing, sleeping, etc...besides saying "cheese" all the time. The pics I take now are more reflective of their life. Loved it. Great tips.
on January 3, 2012
Excellent book on how to with all the necessary information: best time of day, settings for your camera, etc. Very good hands on tutorial.
I hope to be an expert in theory before I have to take the "FIRST". The author did a thorough job presenting, showing and demonstrating the actual process and results.
on November 25, 2013
good ideas - I unfortunately did not take full advantage of all the tips in the beginning of my baby's first year. I wish I had! There is a good breakdown of camera features and settings that as an amateur, I really had no clue. I intend on using this more as my baby grows older and I really feel like its a good purchase for the amateur photographer mommy or daddy - a great gift idea
on April 30, 2013
Love it! For photog amatuers it has helped us become familiar with different features of our Canon Rebel T3i, which we also bought when we found out we were expecting. The tips, tricks and photo poses have helped us capture life as it happens around us in a beautiful way.