Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Your Body Beautiful: Clockstopping Secrets to Staying Healthy, Strong, and Sexy in Your 30s, 40s, and Beyond
Segway miniPro Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis

on January 22, 2012
I just flushed $17 and change done the toilet. I saw Jennifer Ashton on Dr OZ where she was discussing how you should not put anything on your face that is not pure enough to eat. Ashton and OZ had a table full of food products such as spices and honey that could be used on the skin. Being on TV there was limited time to go into all the possible recipes (supposedly Ayurvedic in origin) that were implied to exist. The strong impression was given during this segment, that if you purchased Ashton's book one would get all the information that there was not time enough to discuss on the show.
So, I bought the book hoping to learn something new and useful.... The book turned out to be 95% allophic, main stream advice which has already been repeated several times over, most which I would never follow. There were only two Ayurvedic food recipes for the skin. Very disappointing, I'm actually embarrassed to have the book in my possession.
33 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2012
I had seen Dr. Ashton on Dr. Oz and was piqued by her 2 minute segment on women's
health and beauty tips. So much so, that I decided to order and read her book.
I was so disappointed when I got into the book. Maybe if I hadn't of read, "Women's
Bodies, Women's Wisdom", by Dr. Christiane Northrup first, Dr. Ashton's book would
of been very informative. But, I found it lacking. I skipped alot of pages concerning
the age bracket of women in their 20's, 30's, since I'm over 60. There was nothing new
in her overall beauty plan that is not already recommended by every doctor out there...diet,
exercise, sleep and reduce stress. I'm not upset by purchasing her book, since
I plan to donate it to my library and it can be available to other women who might benefit
from what she has to say.
on November 27, 2012
The book is not as informative as I had hoped it would be. I really did not reveal anything that I did not already know.
on October 29, 2012
Saw this a popular tv show, she impressed me on the show, but I was disappointed, I was looking for a more detailed diet plan and exercise program that could be done at home with very little money and regular food. Did not meet my expectations.
on January 24, 2012
I also saw her and this book on Dr Oz on tv at the gym today. Was very curious about the Ayurvedic remedies too especially combined with the other angle she was coming from with her five on two off eating approach (which I strongly support from my own experience) have just been reading the samples of her book available on Amazon and even though what's been said before may be being said again.. It's a refreshing reminder. Though what was really making it stand out from the crowd was the Ayurvedic do it yourself beauty treatments they were trying out on the The Dr Oz show - this was misleading as to the contents of this book. I think her book would assist a kickstart to a new approach to looking after yourself and to commit to the longevity if it. I am about to turn 31 so reading about the changes ahead and what I can do to help my well being while I am alive on this planet is of interest to me
on February 3, 2013
I thought this book would have some new ideas and facts, but it's just a rehash of things you see on Dr. Oz and a mix of other diets that have been out there for a long time like the South Beach diet etc. Waste of money. Nothing new!
on November 15, 2015
Theresa is so down to earth in this book. She tells about her experiences with spirits. After reading this book, a lot of questions I had were explained. It is a must read and I hope there will be more books to come!
on February 20, 2013
I was really excited to get this book. I really like the author's contributions to ABC. It had a few good tips in it but was generally pretty light - not much substance and not for older women (over 50)
on September 16, 2015
I loved this book, I didn't buy on Amazon, but at Dollar Tree for one dollar. I am only on page 53 and with the info on those 3 pages I've lost 5 pounds in the 3 weeks I had the book. I don't understand the low reviews. Maybe if you stop and take in and practice as you read, you won't be overwhelmed. It's great I bought those little post it sticky arrows to highlight information I wanted to use right away and I take this book in my purse to keep me inspired and focus to drop this weight.
on January 9, 2013
This is a great book. If you are looking for clues on the best way to set yourself up to live a healthy life for the rest of your life, this is a great book. I like that Dr. Ashton also attempts to offer natural solutions first before recommending medical interventions. I bought this book for my sister, too. She really liked it, as well.