Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 11, 2013
I stumbled upon Lizzy's blog[...] probably a year ago. It is now the only website that I use to find dessert recipes. I have made Lizzy's cupcakes dozens of times and they are always a huge hit. Lizzy is a college student who creates her own recipes and always has a story to go along with them. I have been anticipating this cookbook's release for months and was not disappointed at all.

This cookbook contains about 80 recipes that are brilliant, surprising and stunning. She has a section of kids' recipes like Peanut Butter and Jelly and Sno Cone cupcakes, a section of fancy cupcakes, and many other sections. Lizzy does an awesome job of incorporating a variety of ingredients, fillings, ganaches, and garnishments. This cookbook contains recipes for cupcakes, but she also has other recipes on her blog for things like puppy chow, cookies, truffles, etc. As you can see from the cover picture, every single picture of every recipe is so amazing, full of color and beauty.

But be warned that once you discover these delicious and exciting recipes, it is hard to go back to plain old cupcakes ever again. I know that I never will.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2013
I bought this book at Costco over the weekend. My daughter got me to buy it by saying that she would make every cupcake in the book (how could I resist). I Made the cupcake on the cover (Blackberry white chocolate). It was so simple and delicious. I needed to make a quick dessert for a dinner party and I had them made and out the door in an hour. Everyone who had one came up to me to say they were fantastic. I know a couple of other reviews said they didn't like the fact that they start out with a cake mix. I love that they start with a cake mix. I'm all about making something delicious without spending too much time. I love the fact that I have almost all the ingredients already. The photos are beautiful. My daughters loved the personal stories inside. Can't wait to taste every cupcake made from this book.
on April 23, 2013
I love this book. The photos almost make it a work of art! They make you want to make a beautiful cupcake yourself, but they don't look impossible for the average person to tackle. One of the great things is that Miss Early generally uses boxed mixes as a base. She transforms them, however, with other tangy, moisture rich ingredients. So, if you aren't a cupcake aficionado, then she will help you look like you are! Although if you want to go the extra mile, her recipes work perfectly with homemade cupcakes as well. The recipes are versatile, creative, and most importantly delicious!
on December 7, 2013
Disappointed

I was very disappointed with the book as all of its recipes uses package cake mix. Honestly, I was expecting a more effort from the author.
22 comments22 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
This is a beautiful cookbook for one thing. Great pictures and concise easy to read recipies. I have already made several and have yet to find a bad one. Great imaginative ideas for something new and different. All skill levels can make these!
on March 22, 2013
Keep in mind that the starting point for all of Lizzy's cupcakes is a cake mix. If this offends you, you can make your own basic cake mixes and be a purist about the ingredients. The real creation in this cookbook is in the flavor combinations for sure. I have been following the author's blog for a long time and I am on her email list. I probably have a good percentage of the recipes printed out already--but I felt the book worthy of owning just for organization and glitz. It would make a lovely gift. What's amazing is that this young lady does the baking and decor and photographing herself in a little apartment. You would never guess this -- the photos are composed in true perfection. She even posted a video of how to swirl frosting on the tops of your cupcakes so you can practice some approximation of her beauties! If you love cupcakes and some related fun desserts, but want ideas beyond the typical ho-hum flavors and colors, you will definitely love this book. It's also spiral bound so it will lie cooperatively on your kitchen counter!
on May 1, 2013
I have made many of these cupcakes and all turned our wonderful. Husband who is not a sweet eating person enjoyed them. Don't delay buy it today.
on April 26, 2013
Such a talented lady. Her recipes are delicious and her photography is beautiful. I would highly recommend the cookbook to anyone who loves to bake.
on February 26, 2014
I honestly didn't think there were books out there that have recipes that start with "1 box yellow cake mix"

All recipes are with cake mixes. Why would someone take the time to buy a book and read it, if they were just planning on using cake mixes? Wish I knew what the recipes looked like, I never would have bought it.
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2014
I've been baking cakes, cookies and cupcakes for friends and family for years...so I have collected numerous baking cookbooks. This book has jumped to the top of my favorites list! It's much bigger than I expected, it contains a beautiful photo with each recipe, and the recipes not only look yummy, but are easy to follow. The ingredients are those I usually have on hand. Most recipes start with a cake mix, but sshhhh....that's been my secret for years! I can't wait to try the Shirley Temple Cupcakes...with Maraschino cherries and almond extract, they have to be scrumptious. I'm so happy to add this book to my collection. I'll probably be purchasing more copies, as it would make a terrific gift. This book, along with a set of cupcake couplers would be a great gift for a seasoned baker or a newbie.