From the Back Cover
An all-in-one resource to help you read, speak, and learn your first 100 words in German
This beginner's quick and easy guide is specifically designed to help you overcome one of the major obstacles to learning German: the intimidation of foreign words and difficulty in memorizing them. Whether you're learning on your own or in a class, Your First 100 Words in German will help you learn German in the same effective way that children first learn to speak their own language.
Your First 100 Words in German includes:
- A pronunciation guide that describes the sounds of German
- Eight topic chapters that group the words by theme: Around the Home * Clothes * Around Town * Countryside * Opposites * Animals * Parts of the Body * Useful Expressions
- An English definition, pronunciation, and illustration for each of the 100 words
- Tear-out flash cards to help you recognize the German words and learn their meaning and pronunciation
- Extensive games and puzzles to test your ability to read, pronounce, and understand the words in each chapter
- A round-up chapter and answer key so you can review all 100 words
This practical activity book not only gives you a great start to learning German with 100 key words but also provides helpful ways to expand your reading vocabulary.
About the Author
Jane Wightwick is an experienced author and product developer in the field of foreign languages.