Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Your Killer Emotions
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 10, 2013
This book is a good read, but it's a little too abstract. I bought the Kindle edition of Your Killer Emotions together with Secret Techniques for Controlling Sadness, Anger, Fear, Anxiety, and Other Emotions by Vlad Koros, and the Secret Techniques really blew me away. Koros explains step by step how to turn off your unwanted (killer) emotions--which is something I never heard of before--but Lindner's book explains why you might want to tone those emotions down. For me, the two books work really well together.
on January 28, 2013
Following a recommendation of one of this book's reviewers, I bought Your Killer Emotions together with Secret Techniques for Controlling Sadness, Anger, Fear, Anxiety, and Other Emotions. Both books are filled with examples that illustrate the authors' points of view, but the ways Lindner and Koros approach emotions are very different. I really liked both books, and I learned a lot from each of them.
on January 14, 2013
I saw the author, Ken Lindner on the Today Show and was so impressed with his common sense approach
to emotional situations. His philosophy of looking and slowing down before you leap and react to an intense emotional situation spoke to me. I really think if more people would apply this concept in their personal life as well as their professional life they would improve the quality of their lives immensely!! Thank You, Mr. Lindner I will spread the word!
on April 29, 2013
I am glad I didn't pay full price for this book..it was "ok" at best - at least for me. Repetitive and superficial and a little silly in places. Some of it didn't make much sense. Was disappointed.
on May 2, 2014
I really believe that the methodology works for the Author and his Clients, however after reading the book I did not feel like it is feasible without medical support. Some examples are simple although unconvincing, looks like it is misery to master your toxic emotions, hard and long term only. Even harder if you try on your own. I referred to a Willpower book after this one, and just started reading another book that has a different approach on the subject. Nevertheless, this is a good book for approaching your tough and toxic self, although mastering such emotions, in my case, will require knowledge coming from additional sources as well.
on January 10, 2014
on helping myself, and I hate dealing with dr.s that don't give a hoot. this book explained a lot to me, and help me understand myself, others, and more. I needed help, and this was a helping hand, and fast reader that sticks in your head.
on December 25, 2013
Good read, great methods to get past the emotional and mental baggage we all carry in these frenzied times.
Succed in spite of your self, and the issues you carry on your shoulders.
Enjoyed it.
Helped me.
on February 21, 2014
this book really digs in to the inner workings of your thought processes, it is also helpful to see how we are such a reactive society and what role each person plays in that in your current and prv personal experiences
on January 23, 2013
We humans are emotional creatures, that will never change. But what can change is how we harness those emotions in a productive and positive way. I thought the author did a great job of explaining how we can sabotage our best interests by allowing emotions to control our thoughts and dictate our behavior. Loved the book. Helpful and easy to digest.
on January 19, 2013
This book provides very clear to understand descriptions and stories. It has been extremely useful in helping me respond better in emotional situations. It is an extremely easy read. I don't want to put it down once I start reading it. I love the book!