5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, May 21, 2000
I have looked everywhere for this book. My husband has had this book for 20 years and I wanted to do the study now that I know Christ. So now I have one and the study is still awesome! God's word will stand forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for individual or group study, February 7, 2010
This review is from: Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship) (Paperback)
As someone with a degree in Religious Education, I was really excited about the opportunity to review the first book of the Design for Discipleship series from NavPress. I'm always looking for studies to recommend either to others for personal study or for Sunday School classes. I was a bit shocked when I received books 1,3 and 5 to review.

The study is divided into 4 or 5 weeks worth of lessons per book. I took a little time and read through the questions for each week and was very happy with what I read.

The study is a bit on the basic side, but it's in-depth for basics. It's not too complicated for a new believer and it's not too basic for even someone who has studied the Word for years. It would be great for use in a Sunday School setting.

The study is a bit long for each week, but if it's taken a few questions per day, it would not be too overwhelming, even for a new Christian.

I like that each lesson has a space for journaling during the week and several have charts to match the lesson.

I will be recommending this as a church wide study and look forward to completing the study both by myself and in a group.

I received no monetary compensation for my opinions. A copy of the book was provided for me to read from NavPress. Go here to learn more about the review program: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting to Know Jesus Better, May 3, 2009
Mike Borger (Nappanee, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship) (Paperback)
The Sunday School leader book "Your Life in Christ" is one of many in the Design for Discipleship Series. I can talk about this book and the series with a good amount of experience. We have an adult Sunday School class that has used books in this series, in concert with the Bible, as its sole resource for about three and a half years.

This is simply the best guided discussion book to work with the Bible that we have encountered. The form is deceptively simple. Sections of scripture are used to structure both teaching and discussion about the teaching. As a Sunday School leader, you simply read the designated scripture and fill in the blanks to answer the questions the book poses. When you go to lead the class, you then have a perfect outline for structure of teaching, discussion and answering the questions.

This sounds simple - and it is - but God really works His miracles when you take this book to class. It is easy to introduce the topics and start discussion. What is wonderful to behold is how everyone in the class immediately jumps in and offers their ideas. I often have observed that the class runs itself in the sense that once it takes off the leader really does very little other than keep it all on track. Of course, it is God speaking through the scriuptures who runs the class; all the leader does is facilitate the process.

I highly recommend this book and this series. If you are looking for new directions in Sunday School that stay accurate to the Bible this is an excellent road to take. The Lord will use it to take you to great places you have never been before! God bless you and your Sunday School work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written., February 27, 2013
katy (Sturgeon Bay, WI, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship) (Paperback)
The Navigators are superb Bible study leaders. Your Life In Christ is a perfect tool to use in discipling a new or immature believer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Bible Study, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship) (Paperback)
"Your Life In Christ" has proven to be a wonderful study which we are using in our Circle at the church. The ladies wanted a study book which would enable us to discuss. The book lists scripture passages to read and then asks questions, leaving plenty of room to write our answers and then we discuss this in our monthly circle meeting. The doctrine in this book seems to be very sound and totally in line with God's WORD. I would recommend this book to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars book review, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship) (Paperback)
The book has been very good for guiding our bible study. It provokes deep thought into why we practice some of the things we do.

The company delivered the book as promised. I am very pleased with the service I've received. Strongly recommend purchasing from this company again.

4.0 out of 5 stars This was right on time..., May 16, 2014
This series is being used by the men of my church,for a discipleship training class.The E-book offered convenience and a little better cost which was most helpful for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life in Christ, March 27, 2009
This review is from: Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship) (Paperback)
This is one of the classic and well rounded study books for new believers that helps us facilitate discipleship

Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship)
Your Life in Christ (Design for Discipleship) by The Navigators (Paperback - July 7, 2006)
$8.99 $7.29