Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale (The Others, Book 5 )
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on November 6, 2011
I've been a fan of Christine Warren's series of "The Others" from the beginning - but this latest novel fails to deliver... Overall the book is short with a lack of storyline. The characters are not very engaging and the intimate moments are definitely lacking (compared to other steamy scenes in her previous stories). There is absolutely no build-up of the relationship between the two main characters, which gives no anticiapation/excitement and no feeling of chemistry between the two. The main female character comes off very "bitchy" and not very likable. Also quite a few spelling errs?? which totally threw me off... I'm still hopeful that her next novel will be a triumphant come-back (ala ~ Missy & Graham in Big Bad Wolf)
VINE VOICEon November 21, 2011
When your Queen gives you an assignment, regardless of your thoughts on the matter you go. For Luc Macanaw that meant crossing utilizing a portal to go from the land of the Fae to the human world and retrieve the Queen's nephew who decided to party on the other side.

Luc is a leader who always takes his assignment seriously letting nothing deter him from his objective. So meeting Corinne D'Alessandro and being thrown off his game is a shocker he never saw coming. Luc should not be attracted to Corinne for pity sake she is human. The other problem is she is chasing down the same object from a different perspective though as the reporter assigned to figure out what is going on. Corinne already knows about the non-humans on earth staying under the radar and swore to stay away from a relationship with any of them. She never expected any spark with a non-human but Luc is definitely pushing every go after him button she has with some red flags but mostly passion on all fronts. Could they have something together or is this an attraction Luc has conquered up from his bag magic?

The task is difficult for the two of them even working together as the witnesses start showing up murdered or missing. It is difficult to trace a lead under the best of circumstances but not even having a verification of the facts makes it almost impossible. The Others existence must be kept a secret so the pursuit becomes even more critical when more people start to notice the unusual activity but Luc knows Corinne has the same agenda and trust is not an issue.

This book is so much more than demons with secrets it is a romantic interlude that will enchant as well as romance you. With a well-defined and detailed storyline, this book makes for a great read, as you are able to feel the passion and the danger all at the same time.
on December 14, 2011
I discovered Christine Warren in an airport book shop two years ago and have been a fan ever since.As an author myself I appreciate a richl imaginative tale and Ms Warren certainly provides that. I like her wit, her hilarious one liners, her 'take' on the other species genre. My only qibble is... please can we have a reprint of "Fur for All"... I have been waiting too long for this.

I get a lot of books for review.. most are dull, some informative, a lot are so lost in 5/6 syllable wordage it takes a lot of coffee to get through them. So , for relaxation I read
Fantasy and what a rich world it is. Faerie is not the sweet Victorian world of Titania and Peter Pan. There are some nasty elements in that world and you'll come across them in this book. The concept of The Others is Ms Warrens on going love affair with fantasy.. long may she continue, I'm a devoted fan.. but PLEASE.. where is 'Fur for All' ?? Are you feeling low in spirits (?).. what to laugh, enjoy some sexy bits, and how to tell one Fae from another, kick off your shoes ladies, pour a glass of wine and enjoy this Faery Tale.
D.Ashcroft-Nowicki
on January 8, 2012
Not your Ordinary Faerie Tale, Book #12 of the Others series
Author: Christine Warren

Synopsis:
After her two best friends marry a blood-sucking vampire and furry-faced werewolf, Corinne D'Alessandro is making a vow of her own: NO interspecies dating. But when her editor asks her to investigate "leprechaun" sightings, the sassy New York reporter finds herself on the trail of the hottest story of the year--and the sexiest man alive...
His name is Luc, and he's as gorgeous as any Prince Charming in any bedtime story. There's just one problem: He's not human, he's fae. A captain of the Fae Queen's Guard, Luc is on a dangerous mission--and he could use the help of a certain leprechaun-hunting reporter. But when their two worlds collide, the sparks begin to fly. If Corinne and Luc can't control their lust--and focus on the villains in this story--their faerie-tale romance won't end happily ever after...
Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson - LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha]:
This book came up in my Amazon recommendations list. I snatched it up because it looked good, only to read it and find that it was the best Fae book I had ever read.
Christine Warren is an amazing story teller. Her characters are witty, strong, independent, and identifiable and her story is well crafted and fluid.
I found out after starting this book that it is actually the 12th of the Others series, but I wasn't lost at all (though I did read somewhere that this was actually a rewrite of a story done with Ellora's Cave and therefore was more standalone than the other of the series).
Corinne is a reporter with multiple friends who have become involved with or married members of the supernatural community. She has basically sworn that while she loves them, she will never be one to date outside of her species.
Luc is the captain of the guard for Queen Mab of the Summer Court. He is sent to the human realm to find and bring home the queen's nephew, Seoc, before he can cause too much trouble and spill the secret of the Others.
The minute Luc sees Corinne he feels something he has never felt before, and 1 touch is all it takes for him to know that it's more than just idle attraction. Once some things are brought to light, Luc can no longer deny that Corinne is his heartmate and he knows that he'll do anything to keep her by his side.
Corinne plays coy and puts on a good poker face, but she can't deny the feelings that Luc imparts. After teaming up to find Seoc together, thus getting her story for her boss, keeping her friends safe and helping Luc with his mission, one things leads to another and she is helpless to do anything but feel.
LITERAL ADDICTION gives Not your Ordinary Faerie Tale 5 skulls and would recommend it to everyone - Paranormal Romance lovers, Urban Fantasy readers, and anyone who likes strong, witty female leads, sexy, alpha, sensitive male leads, and a story with just enough twists and turns to keep you engaged from the 1st to the last page.
on May 15, 2013
Corrine is one of the original group of girls doing the Fantasy Fix thing. I don't know if this is a remake of the older erotica that Warren wrote (since I'm a relative newcomer to her worlds) but it read smoothly and I found Luc likable despite his arrogance.

My only gripe would be that there are places I feel like Warren doesn't read her own writing- this may be because they are written out of order so these discrepancies when trying to read in chronological order come up. I felt like somewhere in the series it was explained that fairy wine lengthened a human's life and living in fairy is what made the Fae live so long but then we have the drama again with each of the Fae/Human/Other matchings.

That's my only complaint though. Solid writing and world building.
on December 9, 2011
I love her books I have read most of the (Other Novels) and it is hard for me to wait for the newest one(s). I have past all of her books (except for her four newest ones) on to my friend, and she past them on to her daughter to read. b
on February 24, 2012
This book is another installment of the Other Series. I have found that some of the books are either hit or miss. This one was just okay for me. I was captured by the fact that the story involved Faes- I mean who can resist, right?

The hero, Luc, was a very likeable character. I liked the fact that he fell for the one thing he could not stand--a human. Said human he fell for- Corinne D'Alessandro. I, however, did not fall for her. Honestly, I did not care for her character in the past books. I thought I would like her more since she got her own story-NOT. The plot of the story was a little boring for me since it was about finding a character that the reader does not know anything about. Many of the previous characters are reintroduced in this book but it also causes a timeline issue for me. I read about one of the characters in an earlier book where she met her mate, however, in this story it has her single and no mention of her mate.

I have read all the books in this series with the exception of Black Magic Woman. With that being said I will probably continue to read future books in this series.
on January 31, 2016
This was significantly better than Prince Charming Doesn’t Live Here, I’m loving these titles by the way, mainly because the couple actually got to spend some time together and talk about their feelings while getting the investigation done.

They actually did something really cute that hasn’t been done in the others and I think that it should be done more often. They held hands. I think I actually squealed when I read that part.

I also loved seeing the other side of the coin in the Faerie world. Last time, the readers saw the Unseelie Court with the King and now, the readers get to see the Seelie Court with the Queen.

I don’t know what it is but I think the author gets a kick out of writing females that think they’re acting independently but are making completely stupid decisions with things and people they don’t know about.

The reason for that little paragraph is, what happened in the third book almost happens here. Luc tells her how to act because this Queen is basically childish and is easily offended by anything. So she’s told to sit down and be quiet, let him do the talking. Well, she gets mad. Why do they keep getting mad? These “independent” streaks are going to end up getting someone killed.

Also, a little side note, the ended up getting some chocolate tattoos and something called Kissy Kreme from one of the eyewitness places but the readers never hear of them again. I would have loved to see them use those but it seems almost right after, the plot reaches its climax.

The plot was great, the mystery of it really kept me on the edge of my seat. Even though I had read this before, it was a good while ago so I was surprised by the culprit.
on June 4, 2013
This author is awesome, as is this story. You can't go wrong with anything in the series. Fun, witty, characters recur and are wonderful. Great interactions, beautiful erotic sex scenes, sexy alpha males, and interesting. She takes you away from our ordinary lives. Wonderful ! Love every story in this series !
Her "Others" series is a sure bet.
ENJOY !!!!
on January 17, 2013
I bought the ebook, which was $7.99. Kind of expensive, most of the time the ebook is a little cheaper than the paperback. I've read most of this series now and while I've enjoyed the stories they are a little inconsistent from book to book and in most of the books the subplots are left unresolved. That said, I love the creativity behind the story and they are a quick read.