5.0 out of 5 stars fully convincing, you will never think the same
Published on October 23, 1998 by godsend@gte.net

2.0 out of 5 stars Therapy is good, but book really isn't
The main reason I bought this book was because of the authors miraculous recovery from illness using the Urine Therapy. Her story is the first chapter of the book, how she went from years and years of misery to total wellness in a short period of time using her own urine.
After that initial chapter, the book pretty much stinks. The information isn't very in depth,...
Published on October 27, 2002 by Mark T. Brody

5.0 out of 5 stars fully convincing, you will never think the same, October 23, 1998
This review is from: Your Own Perfect Medicine: The Incredible Proven Natural Miracle Cure that Medical Science Has Never Revealed! (Paperback)
I had previously read John Armstrong's "Water of Life" and had tried drinking my own urine 20 years ago. Now comes Martha Christy's excellent review of the scientifically-proven and medically-documented studies showing how drinking one's own urine can be highly therapeutic, even in the most difficult cases. Urine therapy has historical roots in ancient Egypt, ancient China, ancient India, and even in this century, there have been hundreds of medical studies (even doctors who injected it directly into the blood, apparently because the taste was too objectionable). The main theory is that it helps build immunity to disease, much like a vaccination. Martha Christy goes into all of this, and focuses on its use as a cosmetic, among other things. She recommends starting off with just a few drops, applied topically to the skin. Urine is helpful for acne, eczema, psoriasis, ringworm, sores, fungal infections, insect bites, snake bites, wounds, burns, and abrasions. It is a rich source of hormones, especially DHEA and melatonin, and of all the sex hormones. It is also a rich source of enzymes, and vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamin C, vitamin B-12, B-6, and other vitamins, and many minerals. It is fresh, raw, and alive, and totally free (to say the least). No wonder the general medical profession doesn't know more about it - - there's no money in it for doctors or for pharmaceutical companies (although there are many pharmaceutical preparations, moisturizing lotions, etc, which derive from urine). Urine is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-biotic. It is used in cases of AIDS (only AIDS anti-bodies in urine); cancer; fatigue; anemia; all sorts of kidney diseases, for weight-loss, colds and flu, candida, diabetes, digestive problems, etc, etc, etc. It is medically proven against polio, rabies, and tuberculosis. The list of diseases for which it is effective is very long. The folklore is to drink the middle stream only, fresh and warm, and morning urine is best. The past few years have seen "World Symposiums" on urine-therapy, attended by hundreds of doctors who drink their own urine. Martha Christy offers sensible advice, and many case studies. She suggests not flushing the kidneys by taking copious amounts of water, which dilutes the healing properties of the urine. Before reading her book, I thought I might drink a little urine. Now, as strange as it seems, I feel that there's nothing better than urine, and you won't want to waste another drop of this precious fluid, which is not a waste product, but a by-product of your own blood. Drinking your own urine also makes you question what you put into your body. She refers to Armstrong's pioneering research, who himself fasted on his own urine (and water) for 45 days, and offers several other cases in which people have fasted for up to 101 days on their own urine. She (and Armstrong) also recommend urine massages, urine packs, urine eye-drops, ear-drops, nose-drops, and foot baths, and even enemas! She points out that it was common in France in an earlier century for the wealthy women to take urine baths. Always use fresh urine (fresh and warm) if drinking, although urine that has aged for 2-3 days is ok for the skin. Martha Christy also recommends plenty of rest, and urine seems to be a great normalizer. I have found that is helps clear up congestion (gargle with it for a sore throat), makes me feel stronger, and also seems to relax me (perhaps because of its melatonin content). Urine has a smooth, rich flavor, and it is a kind of "structured water" that is healthful to the body. Martha Christy points out that there has never been a case, ever, where urine-drinking was found to be toxic to the human body, or even with any side effects. Just the opposite. She points out that almost every known pharmaceutical drug has a long list of side-effects. With urine, there are none. In the Bible, Jesus said "Rivers of living water shall flow from your bellies." (John 7:38) John Armstrong refers to it as "penance," and he continued to drink his own urine for the rest of his life, and kept in good health. There's a huge amount of evidence in favor of urine-therapy, and Martha Christy's book will certainly change your way of thinking. Even if you're in good health, a dose of your own urine provides energy-promoting nutrients, hormones, enzymes, as well as the natural antibodies that enhance preventive health care. There is much else to be found in an internet search of "urine therapy."

5.0 out of 5 stars Silencing that screaming "YUCK!", May 28, 2001
All of us have fixed ideas floating around in our heads. We learned them from our parents and teachers, we picked them up from friends, acquaintances, TV, newspapers, magazines, books, movies, and so on, and they all have one thing in common: we never pause to examine them. Our usual response when such ideas crop up is to say: "Everybody knows that."
One of the most deep-seated and strongly entrenched ideas of all is the widespread notion that urine is a dirty and disgusting substance. "Everbody knows that urine is a dirty waste product," we say. We can't, of course, be blamed for thinking like this because pretty well everyone thinks the same. And our natural tendency is to automatically reject any view that conflicts with what "Everbody knows."
Most of us, for example, would probably dismiss as crazy someone who came along and said: "No. Your urine is not nasty stuff. In fact it's a precious and nourishing life-enhancing substance and quite pure, and it could be doing all kinds of good things for your mind and body if you knew how to use it wisely."
Until very recently I used to think that urine was nasty stuff too, that is until I read Martha Christy. Maybe I'm foolish but when an articulate, serious, responsible, concerned, mature and obviously intelligent person tells me something new or different, no matter how crazy it may seem, I'm inclined to listen to what they have to say and to give them the benefit of the doubt, particularly if there's some way I can test what they are saying and find out the truth for myself.
If you think about it, only two kinds of people are really qualified to tell us about urine. One is the biochemist who sits down in her lab, analyzes it, and then tells us about its constituents. The other is the therapist or practitioner who uses urine, and who can tell us about its properties or powers. And so far as biochemists are concerned, urine is sterile, harmless, and full of good things.
As for what Martha Christy and other Urine Therapists are telling us about the properties of urine, there are two ways of testing their truth: by either drinking urine or applying it externally. The idea of drinking urine seemed especially revolting to me, as it will to most, but after thinking it over for a few days I firmed myself up, blocked out the part of my mind that was screaming - "YUCK!" - and I did it!
If you top up half a glass of urine with water, hold your breath, and then chug-a-lug, it goes down easily enough. It's a bit like green tea. There's little taste, and only a mildly unpleasant aftertaste which you quickly get used to. And you'll soon find that you can dispense with the water.
But guess what? It actually worked! Within a few days two serious chronic illnesses that have plagued me for many years began to improve. And that's not all. Almost immediately I began to feel better in every way. I had much more energy, a clearer head, more positive moods, easy bowel movements, was enjoying better sleep, became much more cheerful and so on. Yes!
So, folks, if you want to greatly improve the quality of your life, I'd suggest that you silence that screaming "YUCK!" in your head. It's only the product of a fixed idea after all, one of the many ideas you've never bothered to seriously examine. Trash it, and give Martha Christy's advice a chance. Whether you are healthy or ill, your own perfect heaven-sent tonic and medicine may just end up working wonders for you, as it has for me. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will.
I think that Martha Christy deserves a toast!
Kampai!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book, April 7, 2000
By A Customer
Absolutely the most valuable health book I ever bought. Theinformation in this book got me off antibiotics for chronicprostatitis. I am now convinced that human urine is definitely not what we are taught to think it is. I would urge anyone to get this book and/or any of the similar books on this subject out on the market. END

5.0 out of 5 stars Definetely works!, June 10, 2004
joshua gentili (Atlanta, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
I've cured many things with urine therapy....psoriasis,huge wart on my face,flu,sore throat,fatigue,insomnia....
It's the secret doctors don't want you to know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I Really Do THis, August 30, 2010
P&C (Texas, United States) - See all my reviews
Although when you first hear about this bizarre panacea, and your response is a gag-reflex---it will stay in your head for a long time. Only when something comes up that is not responding to prescription therapy OR you have very little money OR you have no medical insurance OR you simply want to gross out a family member, will you even 'THINK' about possibly trying something like this. I first thought "who in their right mind would ever try this", but the time came when I simply said "where is a glass?". If you are a heavy meat-eater, your urine will be bitter. It is highly suggested to eat a much lighter fare while practicing urine therapy (oral or topical). Typically your bowels will be the first to respond. Expect easier, more frequent movements immediately. Don't advertise your new therapy. Just trust me on that one.

I found the book very interesting and it gave me the courage to go "outside the box". I do not practice this 24/7, but only when I feel that something is not 100% in my body. I have also used this as a topical on psoriasis with fantastic result. Ms. Christie gives many thoughts on how to use this. My thought is to try it on everything. It can't hurt.

Some people will balk that human waste was meant to be discarded since it is toxic. But after learning the REAL composite of urine, I look at it as God making sure your own perfect medicine is with you at all times. Remember too, that militaries around the world train their people that urine will keep you alive and well when the chips are down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Own Perfect Medicine, May 6, 2008
It really is easy to ignore the body's early warning system when you're busy and a bit run down from doing too much. To tell the truth I was pretty stressed actually. Being over sixty I've come to terms with the fact that the body is bound to have degenerated a bit so I tend to put the uprisings down to `age'. However shingles is not age related.

I came home from a busy day with a bit of temperature. No headache, just this pesky rash so figured I'd better investigate further. With the aid of a magnification mirror, which every female geriatric has in her armourie, I discover the blisters.

"Oh dear this is more than a heat rash my girl."

Words start tumbling through my mind, "Shingles, herpes zoster, varicella zoster, viral attack, permanent nerve damage, neuralgia, calamine lotion. Calamine lotion! Where did that come from?"

My mind takes me back to my mother's arms as her healing hands spread the salve on my chicken pox sores.

Facing the shelves of books I wake up. The book spine reads "Your Own Perfect Medicine" by Martha M Christy. I read through the night.

"I'm alone. No-one needs to know. First urine in the morning, mid stream flow only."

I collect it in an ice-cream container.

"Now what?" I pour a mug off with the intent of imbibing and drop a face washer onto the top of the remainder. It's warm. I sniff it, gag, make the decision.

"To heck with it. Desperate times, desperate measures." overrides as I take a swig.

"Hmm. With a lot of imagination it's apple juice."

I did get around to wringing out the washer, patting the wet cloth onto the burning blotches.

"Aah... relief." Childhood memories flooded in overriding all logic.

I continued the swigging and swabbing with increasing bravado. I'm seven years old and invincible.

I watch the viral attack's magnified reflection as it advances across my buttock and oddly also erupts on the sole of my left foot. Pain is endless. Collect urine, drink and swab. I have a fever.

In the early morning light I ask myself, "Is my imagination tricking me or is the reflection changing?"

I swallow two paracetamol tablets in a futile effort to get relief. They kick in! I sleep exhausted and wake up pain free. I can't believe it.

It's now two days later. I continued my regimen of `taking the piss', my natural antibiotic. That, together with the immune boosting vitamins B and C combined with Echinacea, won the battle. I have no residual pain, the blisters that hadn't burst dried up, and the rest have scabbed and are falling off with no scarring.

"Thanks Martha."

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bigger and Cheaper Hope for everyone looking for help, April 12, 2004
This book it's great, I've read three other books on the subject after this one, and this is the best, with medical research references, it gives the book great credibility.
I fasted 4 days and lost 4.5 kg... and feel better,this information should be given to people with cancer, arthritis, asthma, allergies, etc.
It doesn't have lateral efects... it's great.
You should give it a try before using the "advice" of any doctor.

5.0 out of 5 stars This healing protocol has saved my tortured life, from full body RSD CRPS chronic pain, and is setting me free !!!, November 11, 2011
Chaffee Cline "BeeFree" (Northern California Coast) - See all my reviews
I have read hundreds of books on healing and I tell people this is one of my favorite healing books.

I have full body RSD/CRPS one of the most painful dis-eases any human can get. Its a condition where the brain does not turn off the pain, and the pain is turned on 24/7 with no rest. Many people call RSD the disease from hell, a pure pain condition.

This book reveals a method, a protocol to heal the pain and the dis-ease. I have been practicing this healing and highly recommend it as it is the only thing helping me. The pain is slowly defusing after 12 years of painful torture.

My body was breaking out in one giant red rash and that is slowly going away. I had tinnitus, loud ringing in my ears, I thought it would make me go insane... its like having a fog horn in your ear and it cant be turned off. The sound is slowly going down.

I used to be in bed 24/7 and now I am walking and getting exercise. Diagnosed with glaucoma and now the pressure in my eyes is getting better and my vision is getting better. I used to have severe brain fog, and now my thinking is getting clearer.

I had a fungal infection start spreading over my injured left foot/leg and the skin infection is now healing. My hair was falling out and turning grey...my hair is growing back and turning dark brown.... on and on....

I wish I had known about this book, and its healing protocols. I could have saved hundreds of thousands of wasted dollars going to Dr.'s, hospitals, therapies, etc... So much wasted time for everyone and myself.

If you know someone who is in trouble send them this book ... its like handing them a million dollars...saving them from a life of misery...save them from liquidating their estate. The most amazing part about this healing protocol that it is FREE !!!

I highly recommend this healing protocol described in this book...it has helped tens of thousands heal from chronic pain, injuries and dis-eases...and it will help you, family and friends right now !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive!, July 14, 2006
The book contains a lot of information on a subject that is little-known in the USA. The author writes passionately on the subject because it has changed her life. Her use of many references should be of help to skeptics. Her instructions are helpful to anyone desiring to try this "cure." Her work is thorough and easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This brilliant book will blow your socks off - buy it., July 7, 1999
By A Customer
I have been broadly and actively interested in the field of alternative health for over 30 years, yet NEVER did I hear of this profoundly useful information provided by Martha Christy. It begins with her own personal case history, and from this I can tell you that the Book of Job picked a real wimp when it decided to feature the travails of Mr. Job as versus someone with REAL problems like Ms. Christy! Anyway, suffice it to say that this book points a huge, and highly effective, cannon at the criminal, money-driven "scientific" mess that currently passes for "health care" in the US (i.e., the Death Grip of AMA-like thought forms that saturate the insurance industry and the mainstream media, the obsession with monster machinery, powerful chemicals, etc., etc. -attack! attack! - basically a logical extension of America's endless fascination with violence, materialism and "super-sizing" and the perception of human beings as mere bags of chemicals suspended in protoplasm). Yet even this stunning indictment is a coincident fact that merely drops out logically from the information the author presents here. Pass it on: Every person in the United States should own this book. Would that such simple sanity were possible.

Rate and Discover Movies