Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Your Wish Is My Command
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$6.99

on February 7, 2001
Though only springtime, the air conditioner in her new home-store, a nineteenth century Creole townhouse, in the French Quarter of New Orleans failed her. Jamie Sullivan searches for an extension cord in the attic, an area she and her to partners had no time to clean up before as they concentrated on opening the bookstore-restaurant. In the attic, Jamie notices an old trunk that she cannot resist looking into with visions of treasure dancing in her mind. However, the cache turns out to be Mardi Gras junk with the exception of an antique sword. She almost kills the suddenly appearing man who looks like a pirate.

Sebastian Valentin insists that Jamie holds the "Sword of Hearts." Furthermore, he guarantees that and her two compatriots will soon find true love. Besides wondering how this lunatic got into her home, Jamie insists she only needs an extension cord, not true love. Soon Sebastian and Jamie begin to fall in love, a violation of the rules of the genie union.

YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND is actually three magical romances in one entertaining novel. The story line is fun and often amusing as the characters leave the audience not only believing at least in this genie, but also dreaming of this hunk of a magical being. Donna Kauffman writes a genial enchanting tale that will enthrall sub-genre fans with the quest to find more of the author's whimsical novels.

Harriet Klausner
on March 22, 2001
I loved the book. It was a great read, fast, funny and full of what I love about Donna Kauffman. I enjoyed meeting all the characters and especially loved watching how Sebastien worked them all. The paranormal aspects were fun and inspired. The scene where Sebastien faces the woman that cursed him to his life as a genie was one of my favorites. Where else can you get so much fun packed into one book. Thanks for the great time.
on April 11, 2001
This is the first time that I have read anything by this author. I enjoyed the plot of the story...it was intruiging. The idea of a genie making merry matches is amusing. However, I was disappointed that the main characters left me wanting more from them. The other characters were elaborated on quite a bit in the beginning of the story, only to be summarly dropped in the middle of the story. You are left wondering if they too had a "happily ever after ending" .
on February 17, 2001
I picked this book up on a whim and I am really glad I did. Donna Kauffman creates a believable story that blends both contemporary life and magical ideas. She brings you into the lives of all the characters, giving them all unique qualities. The relationship between Sebastien Valentin and Jamie Sullivan grows from skepticism, on Jamie's part, to trust and then friendship and love. I look foward to reading more from this author.
VINE VOICEon November 7, 2005
`You Wish is my Command' by Donna Kauffman is very unique mystical romance novel. The main character Jamie finds magic swords that summons a pirate genie to find soul mates for three people. The story unfolds a sweet and heartbreaking romance of Jamie and her soul mate Sebastian (aka the pirate genie.) This was a fun and offbeat read.
on July 31, 2013
I read all of Donna Kauffman's paranormal books that she wrote between '99 and '02: Your Wish Is My Command, Legend of the Sorcerer, Charm Stone, Royal Hunter and The Legend MacKinnon. Each one was a different treat. I loved all of them.
on March 25, 2001
One of my favorite books this year! Donna Kauffman is always a must buy for me, and she didn't disappoint on this grand love story. I devoured it in one special afternoon. Don't miss it.
on November 13, 2001
When I bought this book, I thought that it would be intresting to read 3 love stories.
But it was too short and the end was not what I've imagined.
Anyway, I didn't like the main characters so much. I was more intrested in the others. Her two friends and their soulmates....
I've just finished reading "Royal Hunter" and I've decided not to read anymore of this author. Don't get me wrong, I liked the stories and I'll give these books a okey. But it's not one of my favorites. So I'd rather read something else......
on April 1, 2001
This is the first book I've read by this author and I'll be looking for more. While it isn't "great literature" it sure was fun to read, and that's saying a lot. I thoroughly enjoyed Sabastian and the three female characters. Certainly hope there will be more of this kind of work in the future. I would heartily recommend this for an enjoyable time to escape the world around us. Thanks to the author!!
on March 21, 2001
Well Ms Kauffman has done it again. I thoroughly enjoyed Wish. I thought Sebastien was wonderful. It was not only a great read but a fun one. Donnas humor is wonderful. She always amazes me not only with a good story, but including suspense along with humor and she can tell three stories at the same time. I don't know how she does it. Each of the characters in this book were interesting and kept you wanting to know what was going to happen next. Donna had you wondering what mischief Sebastien was going to get into next. And of course how she was going to bring them together. I don't know who was more surprised Jamie or Sebastien. Those two were meant to be together. One thing I enjoy about Donnas books is that you never know what then ending will bring. I can't wait for her next book. Keep them coming Donna. I have read every book Ms Kauffman has written.