5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my little lovebugs
Published on June 20, 2006 by Suzanne Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars LOUD! Not like the one I had years ago.
I bought this book for a friend's child. When it arrived it was a little bit scuffed (bummer), had a picture of a baby in the heart (I preferred it plain as shown), and the music was SO LOUD. I had a copy of this book when my son was young. I love the words - it is so fun to read to a child. I could play the music and read the book at the same time, but with this copy...
Published 23 months ago by Beesy24

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by my little lovebugs, June 20, 2006
Suzanne Scott (Williamsburg, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: You're My Little Love Bug (Parent Love Letters) (Board book)
In an impulse buy while standing on line at a discount store, I grabbed this boardbook as a Valentine's gift for my 3-year-old & 7-month old children. I didn't even get the chance to read it all the way through at the time. The battery was dead when I picked it up. But the illustrations were adorable & it fit the holiday theme, so I figured we could always replace the battery. We never did buy the special batteries (three LR1130 are needed) because it is a favorite without them. Even without the lights & sound, the whole family loves it!! The story is really just a poem of all the cutesy things a child might be called. The first page (stanza) of this book sets the stage: "You're my little lovebug/My cuddly kangaroo/My funny bunny/Sweet as honey/All of this is true!" Each of the 8 stanzas is illustrated on a 2-page spread in vibrant watercolor drawings. As with all boardbooks we've read from CandyCane Press, "God" is mentioned briefly at the end. The last page reads: "You're everything that's wonderful/You're all of the above!/But most of all/What you are/Is God's sweetest gift of love!" The book itself has heft to it - the lights & sound page is also the back cover, and is nearly as thick as the story portion itself. On that page there is a small, plastic sleeve for a picture of your child(ren), and the picture can be seen through a heart cut-out in each page. We've had this book over 4 months now & it is in the same condition as when I brought it home, despite the drool of my teething baby. My now 3-1/2-year-old son often chooses this story to sleep with at naptime. Though he certainly isn't reading yet, I hear him (fairly accurately) tell himself the poem as he turns pages in bed. In my opinion, that is the mark of a great book: one loved to the point of memorization, eagerly recited back! I highly recommend this singsong story for cuddle-time with your little lovebug!

5.0 out of 5 stars You're My Little Love Bug, February 20, 2005
David E. Huebner (Spring Hill Tennessee) - See all my reviews
You're My Little Love Bug is a colorful and cheerily illustrated book from first-time author, Heidi R. Weimer. As you turn the first page, the book seems to twinkle with joy set to a delightful and cheery tune. While seemingly written as a children's book and as a parent's happy tribute to a well-loved child, the book could also be a great love treat for a special friend or buddy.

You're My Little Love Bug has clever prose that rhymes and bounces! Each page is full of imaginative plaudits to a child through the imagery of animals, sweets, and other foods. The captivating prose is uplifting, cute, and full of word pictures.

You will laugh your "tickle toes" off and feel as "sweet as honey" when you turn each sturdy page. Life is truly a "bowl of cheeries" with this sweet and lively feel-good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book !!!, May 3, 2005
I bought this for my 9 month old daughter, because we love reading and the lights and music really keep her attention !! Definately a great book !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN to read!! Great book!, March 12, 2005
This book is SO FUN to read!! And it's fun too, for the little ones to hear!! I laughed out loud the first few times I've read it. Usualy my son will bring me a book to read, but when it's my choice, I pick this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Read me the' Love Story'!", December 6, 2005
My 3-yr-old calls this book her 'Love Story' and she and my 16-mo-old fight on my lap to be nearest the book. The musical tune and poetic text are fun. This book is exciting to read together, we read it twice through. I've owned it 5 days (bought a copy for the Toys for Tots and a second for us), and we have read it 20 times. The song ends for us at about pg. 3 and we can start it again or finish in silence. 'You're My Little Love Bug' always makes us SMILE! I'd like different illustrations, but the girls love them too. We would definitely buy another of Heidi Weimer's Love Stories! ***** P.S. Read it in the dim evening light and enjoy the blinking of the LEDs, magical. My daughter slept with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will treasure it forever, July 29, 2009
I received this book at a baby shower when we thought we were having a girl. My SON, Jack, who is now almost 3, still loves this book. If he is down, I get this book and he sits in my lap and I squeeze and cuddle him. He can't help but get a big smile on his face and he never remembers why he was upset. Whenever he thinks he is too big for these precious times of cuddling, I am going to still keep this book so that one day when he comes across it again he will be reminded at how much he is loved. I never write reviews, but I felt that I had to share my thanks to Heidi Weimer for this Love Letter book.

5.0 out of 5 stars You're My Little Love Bug, February 14, 2006
This is the absolute sweetest book ever. Your child/children will fall madly in love with it...even I did! Has the cutest little song that plays everytime you open the book; music plays very softly. It has catchy, cute little rhymes, or near rhymes on each page w/ cute little pictures that go along w/ the story. Also, there's a heart that has lights around it, so not only does the music play when you open the book, but the lights flash around the heart until the music stops! This is my favorite book to read my daughters and the best present my baby has ever received and she is 9 mos. old. She even grabs other books anticipating the music & lights and is incredibly disappointed when she finds out she has grabbed the wrong one! I am currently searching for others like it to buy her for Easter and her Birthday! You definitely won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this book!, October 2, 2006
we bought this book for our 6 month old daughter, thinking she would be attracted to the lights and music....but two older sons love it, too! my 2.5 year old son wants to read it all the time. not because of the music either. he loves the silly rhyming words. tonight he came up and said let's read the purple book(again) and when i asked him what the name of it was...he said "God's sweetest gift of love" (the very touching end to the story) in his mumbly 2 year old voice. i cried. Get this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute!, June 2, 2009
This is the cutest kids book. It has a lot of silly rhyming words that my niece loves. It lights up and plays music too which she likes. Its perfect for toddlers. The last line of the book says the child is a gift from God, so that may affect if you want to buy it if you or the family you're buying this for aren't religious. Again, really adorable book!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughters Favorite Book, February 12, 2006
I love this book and my daughter does too. The words, illustrations, and music are just darling. Few books compare. This is definately one of the best out there. And, on a side note, it is also constructed well. My daughter is 10 months and is chewing on everything and the book still looks brand new.

You're My Little Love Bug (Parent Love Letters)
You're My Little Love Bug (Parent Love Letters) by Heidi R. Weimer (Board book - Jan. 2005)
$12.99 $11.69