Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: You're Only Old Once - Dr. Seuss
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

I'm old enough to have missed most of the wonderful Dr. Seuss books during my childhood, but I'm having a lot of fun discovering them now through my Kindle Fire. But "You're Only Old Once" really struck a chord with me, as I'm fast approaching seventy years old. Dr. Seuss's fanciful description of the indignities and endless hours that we geriatrics are subjected to in doctors' offices is spot on. I can identify with so many of the hassles that the character in the story goes through to get medical treatment, and my medicine cabinet has almost as many prescriptions as his.

You can read the story in your choice of three modes:

1. Read the book yourself.
2. Let a narrator read the book aloud, with you flipping the pages.
3. Let a narrator read the book aloud and flip the pages.

This is must reading for any older Dr. Seuss fan or a younger person who wants an idea of the medical terrors that lie ahead of them.
on January 24, 2015
I bought this as a gift - long ago I had read this at a friend's house. It is the perfect gift for a 70th birthday (I believe that was the age intended by the good Doctor), although it is quite perfect for anyone who has attained a "milestone" birthday or possibly one who is in hospital, as it makes light of the vissicitudes of aging. Very funny and lighthearted!
on March 12, 2016
First time I ever read this book. Just as "smile-ful" as the others- even at my age! Definitely will read this over and over. So glad I purchased it!
on April 6, 2013
This book definitely made me smile - -memories of reading Seuss as a kid and to my kids. The interactive Kindle features would fun for a child.
on March 2, 2013
Bought this for my mom, who turns 59 tomorrow hee hee
Lots of fun for my four year old son too!
on March 23, 2012
Dr. Sheds books are always great but having the booms as interactive apps is awesome for my kids. My 6 yr old loved touching the screen and seeing what popped up! It worked great on my Kindle Fire.
on April 30, 2013
I paid for this app and now my Kindle comes up with a message that says I don't own this app!
on March 10, 2013
I thought Doctor Sue's books hwere suppose to be safe for kids. Then my children let me know about the picture where the old guy has nothing on(yes they covered him with a barrel) and a woman was looking up between his legs. Common guys. Doesn't it say something when a child sees this as wrong. What have we decided to except in this world we've become. Yes, doctors where supposidely checking him out, but why did they put a woman there? That's sad.