Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 13, 2001
The musical begins in Eden as the primal first date is about to commmence. Throughout the show relationships progress into marriage, then children, then post children. The Marriage Tango is a hysterical number in which the husband and wife are trying to make time for sex, but children and other jobs get in the way. Satisfaction Guaranteed is an advertisement by a legal firm to have a lawyer present during sex so that erotic agreements can be kept. The lyrics by Joe Dipietro and music by Jimmy Roberts are snappy and sappy, just as they should be. It is sort a I Do I Do with a larger cast and a broader scope. Great listening!
on July 28, 2004
hilarious musical, with wonderful songs, two of which could make you cry (not a bad thing)...the many different characters you meet are charming, and the way the actors and actresses can change their personality so fast is amazing. I worked back stage for this show, as a dresser, and it was by far the most fun show i've ever worked...cause there was so much to do....the best part about it, though, was it never got confusing...no two characters or situations overlap....the scenes are absolutely hilarious...the playwrite couldn't have captured the ups and downs of relationships better! wonderful to see, do, listen to....whatever!
on March 8, 2002
While living in Westchester County, I happened across this show one night off Broadway. It's a hoot! As the advertisements said, "It's SEINFELD set to music."
THE SHOW:
I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE is a series of songs and sketches (mostly comic) about the interpersonal relationships of life. Act I is about the common and not-so-common mishaps of dating; Act II is about marriage, raising kids, divorce, remarriage, and a number of other topics. Obviously, Act I works as a cohesive whole much better than Act II. The cast is comprised of two women and two men, and the accompaniment is provided by a pianist and a violinist. (When I saw the show, the two instrumentalist were of opposite genders, which they highlighted in a "Battle of the Sexes" rendition of the Entr'acte.)
THE DIALOGUE:
Some sketches are weaker than others. Luckily, the worst sketch, right near the beginning of the show, where a man and woman on a blind date decide that, due to their busy schedules, they will skip some of the traditional awkward moments of the dating process, is not included on the CD. Unfortunately, we don't fare as well with "Satisfaction Guaranteed," which is quite offensive, and is the only completely spoken sketch included on the recording. In my opinion, a better choice for inclusion would have been the poignant soliloquy by the divorced woman at the video dating service....or perhaps the singles club meeting held at Attica State Prison.
THE MUSIC and THE RECORDING:
Of the 19 tracks on the CD, 17 are comedic. Most of the music is fantastic, and the cast members have good voices and great comedic timing. My favorite number has to be "Always A Bridesmaid," a lament by a frequent wedding witness whose hideous gowns have longer lifespans that the marriages to which they were worn. ("For Tabatha, I wore taffeta. You should never: people laugh at ya.") Other favorites include "Single Man Drought," about two women on dates from hell, "Tear Jerk," in which a macho guy gets dragged to a `chick flick' movie, and "I Can Live With That," the musical conclusion to a great scene where two elderly people flirt at a funeral.
on July 21, 1999
Love -- it's the stuff most musicals are made of. Look at them all - "Grease" with goody-goody Sandy Dumbrowski and not-so-bad boy Danny Zuko, "Guys and Dolls" with dumb blonde Adelaide and smooth-talking sweetie Nathan Detroit, musicals love love! But "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" takes a love story and makes it brutally honest. They sing what we're all thinking - from preparing for a first date (Cantana for a First Date) to chick flicks that guys just hate (Tear Jerk). This honesty makes the songs hilarious and makes this CD definitely able to hold its own.
on April 13, 2005
A confession. I haven't actually heard the cd but I plan to. I have seen this musical here in the fly-over. A talented cast of four actors, dances & sings thru quite a number of vignettes about that enternal, battle: man vs woman. It starts out hilariously at the dawn of time & maintains the laughs through such sketches as "Single Man Drought", "Cause I'm a Man", "Always a Bridesmaid", & the very touching & personal "Shouldn't I be less in Love with You?" There are 15 others. How you relate to this play may depend on you age. Over 50 may be best since some of the bits are a bit dated. The under 30 crowd is usually not self-aware enough to see themselves in these situations. But everyone will laugh. The songs are funny. Give it a listen or see it if you can. I love live theater.
on May 17, 1998
This CD takes you from the creation of Man and Woman through dating, marriage, children and retirement. I laughed through just about every song, from the man who can't admit he's crying at a movie, to a perennial bridesmaid singing about her dress ("For Katlin, I wore satin, which I look really fat in..."), to the couple with children, trying to plan a romantic evening, to the two elderly people who hook up at a funeral home. Though not extremely sophisticated, the music and lyrics are mostly clever and definitely enjoyable.
on September 5, 2015
This is the audio sound track for the Off-Broadway Show I Love You You're Perfect Now Change. To be honest, I originally bought this thinking that it was the DVD for the show. Initially crestfallen, once I "discovered" that it was only the audio sound track, I immediately recovered once the rich dialogue began. One important caveat: I've seen this show live 4 times and have found it to be so enjoyable that whenever I want a "change of venue" I put on this sound track to have a few laughs.

So, if you want to chuckle and relax into an amazing Off Broadway venue, then this is it. Of course, don't be surprised if you start looking for the traveling version of the show in your locale. This audio sound track is a super buy and one which you'll enjoy listening to again and again!

Robert "Bob" Wright, Jr., Ph.D., COFT
on October 6, 2002
...Let me just say, this CD is very funny. So, I figured that the show would be funny. It wasn't. IT WAS THE FUNNIEST SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN! ...I had been listening to the CD for about a month before I saw it, and the songs really grow on you. They really do!
The show would be a PG-13, nothing worse than Everybody Loves Raymond, or Seinfeld. On this CD, there are two slighty iffy tracks. "Satsifaction Gauranteed" is very offensive at fist, but go into with an open mind, and just hear me on this: this was one of the funniest scenes in the show. Still keeping it's PG-13 rating, this scene was tastefully done with no nudity whatsoever (nothing even CLOSE to nudity) and plenty of surpirses. Don't let this track scare you away. Next is the "marrige tango", about a v. tired couple who actually have plenty of energy to do one htis: have sex. Hm. Also done v. tastefully, and the actual song ends up being drowned out by he audience laughing.
The rest of the tracks are so true to life, how can you resist! Definately get this CD, whether you're gonna see the show, or not. It's worth every cent that you spend on it!
By the way - if you're going to go see an actualy production, I would advise against getting the CD first. it ruins a lot of the "surpirse" lines that are very funny. Just..please..trust me on this: content wise, this show could be seen by anybody over 10 (whether they will understand all of it is questionable). It is really is just a good, wholesome, funny show, that would be great for a date, or a family. I hear that if your lucky, you'll see somebody get up on stage and propose! i wasn't privilaged enough to see that, but that's why I'm going a second time! "I just keep coming back!" (From the prologue)
on August 14, 2002
This show is the longest-running off-broadway musical, and I can't believe I'd never heard of it before. I saw it live at the Edinburgh Festival by the National Student Theater Company and went back twice more. It's funny, clever, and touching without the slighest hint of corn. Love, dating and romance are hardly new topics for musical theatre but the melodies are so memorable and the lyrics so fresh that it will speak to you if you've ever had any kind of experience with love. My favorites are the achingly yearning "I Will Be Loved Tonight," and "We're Married -and We're Gonna Have Sex" which will have you falling out of your seat with laughter. If you love musical theater, get the CD, then get yourself to New York to see this fab, fab show!
on May 28, 2004
This is one of the most inventive shows to come to Broadway, with its fabulous soundtrack backing it up. I saw this production over 2 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. The songs are just so brilliantly written that you really don't mind having them stuck in your head.
The honesty of the topics that the production shows is mirrored in it's hilarious, witty, and even touching lyrics. Songs like: He Called, Always a Bridesmaid, and Shouldn't I be Less in Love with You, you will be reminded of the lighter sides to dating and, whether or not you are or aren't, marriage.
This is a show that anyone who's ever dated can relate to. It's fun, hilarious, and will put a huge smile on your face!