|Price:||$44.99 + $3.99 shipping|
- Six unique fitness environments - Keep your workouts fresh by doing them in the Empress' Dojo, the Alpine Retreat, an Island Paradise, the Urban Oasis, the Desert Springs Resort or a Meditation Garden
- Over 500 unique exercises to choose from - work through sessions with Yoga, Pilates, Cardio Fitness, Strength Training and more
- Customized meal planning with over 4,500 recipes, preparation instructions and shopping lists to make eating right more simple
- Dynamic fitness routines respond to your progress and commitment level
- Maya helps you integrate the fitness equipment you already own into your workout
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
So let me break it down.
Things I LOVE about this:
1. Custimization- you enter your weight, target weight (if you need to), resting/active BPM, flexibility, etc, even the excersize equipment you already own and it will tell you what your MAIN goal should be (mine being weight loss, obviously). You enter days of the week you can work out and how much time you can spend working out on those days.
2. Tempo- It doesn't seem to be repetitive at all, like my Pilates DVD was, it never got boring.
3. Scroll bar- There's a scroll bar on the bottom of the screen as you do a work out that tells you what you're doing and shows you what is up next as well.Read more ›
It was less than 24 hours after that, when I decided to purchase this product.
This is a great "game" that takes getting in shape very seriously. You answer some questions at the beginning and do some exercises to allow the trainer, Maya, to get a feel for your overall health.
Once you've done that, Maya has created your personalized training schedule, eating schedule and I was ready to go!
During my first workout, Maya gave plenty of encouragement (based on how I was answering questions throughout the workout)to keep me going. The bottom of the screen displays the workout that you are doing along with the next one coming up, including rests and water breaks. She can incorporate a stepper, flexibility ball, hand weights and a heart monitor in the workout.
The variety of the workout was AMAZING and I sweating more after 30 minutes with Maya that I ever have doing other videos.
This is definitely worth the $34 price tag just to have your own personal trainer in your Xbox whenever you want one.
Overall, this is only a 4 star product since it doesn't really tell you how much you "need" to lose and how you are going to get there. I also would have liked a BMR calculation with calories taken in so I can see what I need to burn off to lose some weight.
Then I met Maya, and she showed me all of my flaws instead. And then I started to hate her perfectness even more, because she showed me my flaws nicely!
I had no idea how out of shape I truly was until my fitness evaluation. I rolled my eyes and trudged through it, saying aloud that it was so lame, but secretly thinking it was the coolest, most innovative thing ever. I looked at Maya, and sad, "Seriously. Jumping jacks??!! Puh-lease. Are we in third grade gym here?" Then I began doing them.
So after I regained consciousness, I huffed and puffed through the rest of the evaluation. Then I was given a workout schedule recommendation, and a plan for healthier eating. I was happy with how thorough it was. And the food is very simple, yet extremely yummy! Nice, normal, healthy choices. Things I actually have in my house!
RUN, don't walk, to go buy this right now. It's wonderful for beginners, or even the advanced who is looking for a change of pace to get away from their latest plateau. The Yoga Meditation Garden is wonderful, the workouts are wonderful, Maya in wonderful, the food plans are wonderful. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's truly that impressive. My entire body aches so bad that it's painful to type this review. Who knew I had muscles in there somewhere?
A thousand times cheaper than a gym membership and a personal trainer, even if you have to buy an Xbox for it. They are planning to release a PS2 version in January, so it would be a great gift for the New-Years-Resolution-to-get-in-shape person.Read more ›
1) Sometimes the program just won't do the workout you select. Three times today, I tried to make it give me a core workout and it kept doing upper body (which I just did yesterday and didn't want to repeat so soon).
2) I use other programs or running for cardio, so I'm already warmed up when I start YF. There's no way to tell the program to just get to the exercises. And there's no way to input workout data so the program knows you're doing cardio elsewhere. It will keep suggesting you need it.
3) There's no way to tell the program to not use a particular exercise. If you're bored by a move or it exacerbates an injury, too bad. Chances are, it's a move the program will use over and over for minutes at a time.
4) There's no option to build your own workout. I really wish the program was more customizable, giving me a list of exercises to string together to work the muscles I want to work on any given day.
5) It asks how groups of exercises made you feel, but there's no option to indicate a particular exercise is too much. You can make the whole workout easier, but that's not necessarily a good thing. For example, yesterday's upper body workout kept hammering me with pushups. I simply couldn't keep up. Telling the program to ease up only meant the next few exercises were shown without weights...but those exercises were for my biceps. I needed to tell the program enough already with the pushups.
I haven't decided if I'll keep using the program or not. It's definitely good to have some variety in my workout, but it's not good to feel frustrated by limitations and glitches.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this for over a year and still using it. I do just 30 minutes a day and still feeling great! Prescription Magazine has helpful hints too!Published 1 month ago by Kristine Slead
Definitely did not enjoy this workout game, I found it boring, and not challenging. Not a lot of variety, I only played it one day.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Good to better. Give yourself time to develop proper moves!
Doesn't happen overnight, but comes sooner than you think!
It gets better and better and better!
It is very easy to use and understand. I wish I would use it more often!! LOLPublished 22 months ago by Richards