4.0 out of 5 stars 15.6 Inch Laptop Screen Protector: A So/So Product
Published on May 7, 2012 by Squire of Song

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointed
Published 13 months ago by J. V.

4.0 out of 5 stars 15.6 Inch Laptop Screen Protector: A So/So Product, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Ypper 15.6 Inch Wide LCD Laptop Screen Guard Protector for Laptop Notebook 16:9 (Personal Computers)
I purchased this screen guard for my 15.6 inch Acer laptop; I wanted to make sure that my laptop screen was protected from wear and tear. Although there are many positive aspects to this product there are also some unpleasant things that I have noticed from my personal use. As a result, I have compiled a brief list of pros & cons; please note, however, that these details are subjective and relate only to my personal experience.

Pros:
-A Perfect Fit
-Protects the Screen from Minor Damage (i.e. scratches & stains, etc)
-Is Completely Clear, Almost Invisible

Cons:
-Somewhat Difficult to Apply
-Did Bubble Up a Bit as it was Applied, causing a few Minor Vision Discrepancies and Irritations
-May Have Nicked/Scratched Screen During Application

Overall, I have had a mostly positive experience with this product. It is possible that some of the cons are due to my own inexperience with this type of product as it was the first time I have ever used a screen protector. However, overall I would definitely suggest this product to anyone who wishes to protect their laptop screen from minor damage. With the exception of the few bubbles that appeared during application, I can almost forget that there is a screen guard on my computer. Definitely worth the money, though I do caution that it is a little difficult to apply.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dissapointed, December 29, 2013
My screen guard was in a clear bag which was placed in a gray shipping bag. There was nothing to keep the screen guard from bending. When I received it, the package was bend in half because there was nothing on the packaging stating do not bend. When I opened up the screen guard I could tell that I shouldn't even bother trying to put it on because of all the deep bends in it. I tried anyway for amusement and as expected it was not going to work. All of the deep bends left room for air pockets and there were bubbles all over the screen that I could not remove no matter what. I do not recommend buying from this seller, It should of been common sense to place a piece of cardboard in the bag to keep the screen from bending but obviously the seller doesn't care that you threw your hard earned money away on something that you can't use due to poor packaging. Again, a big disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use Your Touch Screen Without Needing to Wash Your Greasy Hands First, November 13, 2013
Now I can use the touch screen even with greasy fingers. Was inexpensive but works well. Getting it on without a lot of air bubbles trapped under it is a challenge. I recommend that use a credit card to push to the side those air bubbles that do get trapped under it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does its job; quite well if I may add., August 30, 2013
Hannah (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I have a touch screen Acer Aspire and the only concern I had was if the screen protector would alter the touch screen capability, and it definitely doesn't change the touch capabilities! The screen does have a bit of a gummy feel (of course, the comparison is to the raw screen) but I like the texture as it gives that bit of security that I won't need to consistently think about not scratching my screen. Of course, it was a bit tricky to get the screen on without any air bubbles -- granted I'm no expert and have a couple, but the double layer peel did allow me to go crazy with a card to push out as much as possible. Oh, and it fits PERFECTLY for my 15.6 screen laptop.

ALL IN ALL: I would recommend this to a neighbor, and invest in an extra just for the sake of having another one handy~!

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen Protector, September 4, 2012
I'm not really sure why you would need this to begin with, but I bought one anyways when my husband got me a laptop. It fits my 17in just fine and it comes it in the packaging like you see.

The initial use of putting it on the screen was a little bit nerve wracking. If you have ever had to actually put on a screen saver then you know that there are huge risks that you will put it on wrong and end up with more air bubbles than you thought were possible.

Thank goodness for me that I have had to deal with more than my fair share of screen guards to know how to work them. So with that, it was easy to put it on with minimal bubbles but still hard because of the angles you have to work with, with a laptop.

The size fit perfect for my size of screen. It is thick but not too thick or anything like that and has no damage to the screen putting it on, though if you are not careful you can scratch your screen attempting to put this on or taking it off (be careful). Again it is crystal clear when looking at the screen and doesn't really add any glare.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, September 15, 2013
Bought this laptop screen protector for a family member and have to say it's decent. The only negative I have to say is the screen protector just about covered most of the laptop. On one end of the laptop a gap roughly one millimeter can be seen.

3.0 out of 5 stars screen protector, February 28, 2013
instn should clearly say that there are 3 layers,remove first layer ,then aply to laptop,remove buubles by card and then remove 3rd layer.
it is good protection against scratches.

i do not see any antiglare benifits

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money on this product, December 20, 2013
Gerard (WEMBLEY, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my new asua 15.6 ultrabook and I have is spots on the screen. I spent hours trying to remove all the air pockets and nothing worked, I search the web for ideas on how to remove these air pockets (spots) under the cover and nothing works. Hopefully you won't get this product in you Christmas stocking.. I will file a complaint with Amazon about this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, October 12, 2013
This product is terrible. I waited 4 weeks to receive it in the mail, and when it arrived the screen protector was all bent and crinkled. I cannot even use this- literally looks like some crunched it up in their fist. Very disappointed as I've never had any previous problems with anything I've bought through Amazon. Buyers beware!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Can I give it zero stars?, December 27, 2013
When I received the item, it had a lot of bends and creases-- completely unusable. You'd have better luck saran-wrapping your laptop screen.