Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 15, 2015
This has been a great addition to my classroom. I use this as a charging station for my students. They love it! It gets used every week day, for almost the entire day and I have had no issues with it. There have been times when every outlet an USB port was in use, and everything still got charged. Love it!
review image
This is a neat device that helps remove charger clutter around my home office. It is a bit larger than the impression given in the photos, but I was ready for that after reading other reviews. This was not an issue for my application. since all the chargers and cords needed the extra size of the unit to be able to crowd around and fill all the sockets. So far, I am happy with it and it does what I needed it to do. Some specifics below:

Pros:
* EIGHT (8) USB plugs in a small area with sufficient clearance around them to allow for easy insertion and removal.
* 2A per USB pair that can all go to one of the plugs if you leave the other port unplugged. That amounts to 8A for the tower and means that you get 40Watts of power out of the tower as a whole.
* That is a lot of capacity compared to most discrete units. You can charge several pads or phablets at one time as well as a couple phones. An efficient pairing on one of the USB dual plates would be a smart phone and a headset or other small accessory.
* You don't usually hear about output voltage of the USB ports on a charger, but this one has sufficiently high (likely 5V) output that it has no trouble charging my iPhone 4S while it is in my UNU battery case. I've had trouble with smaller, cheaper chargers.
* There is a power button for the bank of USB ports (all 8) and another one for the four AC power plugs. This could be nice for power cycling all of your home network (e.g. cable modem, router, switch, etc.) at one time when you want to reset them. Yes, I know that is not the way you are supposed to do it (you're supposed to bring them up in order, one at a time) but this has always worked for me.
* You can power cycle the AC without disturbing the USB.
* Some have been bothered by the cosmetics, but I am not one of them. It is black and nondescript, which works for me.
* I like the contrasting plug plates so that I can see them - an issue when everything is black or other dark color.
* Integral surge suppression and reset.
* Heavy duty cord.
* The arrangement of the AC sockets allows me to easily stack on four camera battery chargers at one time!

Cons
* I only have one real negative. The rubber pads on the bottom do not extend past the plastic collars that surround them. This has the effect of letting the unit slide around on the table top with very little provocation. I think this is a design defect since all of the four pads were the same. I've added two photos to show this issue. One of them shows the unit with the rubber pad sitting slightly less than flush with its collar. The second one shows my "fix", which was to attach some self adhesive silicone rubber bumpers to the bottom. These are tall enough to extend past the existing standoffs and grip the table. It works well, but I don't think one should have to do this. Now, to fully belabor the point, you might wonder why I didn't just rip off the old useless pads and insert the silicon pads in their place. Well, I've only had this a few days, and didn't want to scar it up too much in case it fails and I need to send it in for replacement. This way, I can avoid slippage and still return it if it fails under warranty.

Conclusion
I took a star off for the slippery feet, but otherwise like this surge suppressor a lot.
on January 27, 2015
Almost a great power supply. Only fault with this power strip is the USB power converter will make a high pitched whining sound under load, which makes it impossible to use in the bedroom, and also leaves me concerned about longevity and possible burnout.
on April 5, 2015
I need to take time to Review also.
This Looked like something out of a JAPANESE DOLLAR STORE when I opened the Brown Box and saw the Original packaging ... And I kid u not... I was in a great one recently!
This feels oddly LIGHT.
BUT... It more than Serves its Purpose. I tried to find it all, with no help on research, SO~ this is it.
This is on our large Granite Island, we try to keep looking neat. In past I have purchased several "Satechi Wall Units" (took pic off to not "confuse" readers), which I like, but beware of insane plug placement.
Trying to find Multi USB , Multi Outlet, + Surge Protection, & fast charging...
Try to find That IN ONE, Work Well WITH PLUG PLACEMENT (what are these dudes thinkin? ~ Seriously?), Plus, not Visually Blare out , "I HAVE TOO MANY DEVICES!" on the Huge Granite Island.
Useful Info: The 2 ⚪️ power buttons u see are for All USB, and for All Electrical Outlets. For turning main power off to either. Thought there was more individual control, within The USB and Outlets, to shut Each off, or at least 1/2 of the unit. Guess thats complicated to Design.
review image review image
on January 13, 2016
I purchased this outlet May 22, 2015 and less than a year later I'm back to follow up that the USB portion of this outlet stopped working this week. I loved it when it first arrived, completely solved my charging needs for the family's phones, kindles and other USB chargeable devices, but it lasted just over six months and gave up the ghost. For the price, I guess I expect several years of service. The 120vac outlets continue to work, but the USB ports all died at the same time.
on September 2, 2015
We use at tradeshows for folks to charge their phones and devices. Always a huge hit and brings traffic our way. Greta investment, had to a dozen shows with usual abuse in transport and setup. Still kicking just fine. Great that it has on/off buttons on side for each set of outlets. Use those to turn off display lights without having to reach up and find the switch on the lamp.
on December 1, 2015
I have had mine since February and now when I have just 2 things plugged into ANY of the USB ports it will not charge. It flashes and goes on and off. And who thought is was a good idea to put blue led lights on this thing some of us use it in the bedroom and you can almost read by the light it gives off. I will be shopping for something else to put by my bed to charge my phones some of us have to have their phones by them for work related issues. Hopefully the next one will have a red led. Not a blue landing light for the mosquitos.
on June 26, 2015
So many ports! My house often has two laptops, 2 3DS, and two mobile devices constantly charging on this, which sits upon the corner table. It works perfectly and I prefer it to a normal stick shaped surge protector. Though it looks like this might be modular and rotate, it does neither of those things.
on July 8, 2015
Charge 16 things at once? Yes please. We use this every night to charge the kids' tablets, phones, etc. without taking up too much counter space. This is great for when we have people over - they can charge their phones, etc. and if it's a pot luck ... BOOM ... charge all the slow cookers too.

I cannot think of a bad thing to say about this. The only thing that i wish was different would be a way to contain the included ac cord for travel and to organize the attached cords a little better. I didn't expect the product to do these things, but I like to dream.
on February 8, 2015
Works great, I like the switches for each block. I was lucky and got what was pictured (black and white) where others have said they got horribly ugly color patterns.

Works well for devices and charging station.