5.0 out of 5 stars Happy family
My two kids loved this program and played it a lot. I would say they were in 5th and 9th grades. Their only complaint is that the game was "too short", too quickly over. They would have liked to explore more. It was very easy to use.
Published on April 7, 2005 by Lynn B. Hocraffer

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Because my computer crashed and I replaced it with a newer one with Windows 7, I can't use this game. I now need a game compatible with 64-bits.
Published on December 26, 2009 by Janet S. Fishburn

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy family, April 7, 2005
Lynn B. Hocraffer (rural Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Old game with same excitement., September 28, 2007
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
I first played this game in grade school. I enjoyed the story and the different characters you meet. It's my favorite "Trail" game because it's fairly simple to understand and it has some fun gambling games on the side. Also, this newer version has voice acting which adds something extra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Fun!, February 28, 2009
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
This is a fun game. I bought it for my son - he's 8 - and he loves it. Nothing like getting a mini history lesson while playing a fun game!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 26, 2009
Janet S. Fishburn (Bakersfield, CA 93311) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars My problem, March 19, 2014
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
Yukon Trail the CD is fine, unfortunately it's for Windows 98, ME or XP. I have Windows 8.1... but that's my problem

5.0 out of 5 stars I've loved this game since I was a kid..., January 28, 2013
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
If you're into the Oregon Trail but want something a little different than having your pioneers get cholera or syphilis every other turn, this is a game I'd recommend. I'd spent cumulative hours in my grade school's computer lab playing this (while I should've been learning how to type >_>).

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Are Still Playing 2 Years Later, July 7, 2012
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
I bought the Yukon Trail for my kids a couple years ago, and they still play it today! We run it on an older desktop computer (about 7 years old) with Windows XP.

It seems easier than I remember the old Oregon Trail being ... the kids can start a game and get to the goal in just a couple hours; whereas, I remember needing to take days of playing off and on to get the end in Oregon Trail (and my people usually died!)

Even though it seems more simplistic to me (and not challenging), my kids enjoy it. They are 11 and 8.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kinda short, but highly informational and fun., July 8, 2011
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
Yukon Trail is a nifty little game made by MECC (now the Learning Company) in the early 1990s. You are one of the thousands headed to the frigid Yukon Territory in northeastern Canada. Starting in Seattle, you find someone to travel with and buy a ticket and supplies and head up to Alaska. There you can buy more supplies, play some nifty mini-games, see photographs of the real rush to the Yukon in Skagway, and talk to scoundrels and travellers of all kinds. After choosing a trail to take and reaching Lake Bennett, you build a boat and travel to Dawson. Three times you confront Oregon Trail-like rapid-shooting games. When you finally reach Dawson, all your score depends on now is what claim you choose to stake and how soon you get there. You can make hundreds of thousands of dollars in gold (which would make you a millionaire these days).

The Yukon Trail isn't a bad little game for the 1990s. It's got quality voice acting, graphics, and the mini-games are fun, too. It is a little short compared to the Oregon Trail, and it's not as life-or-death exciting, but you can have a lot of fun if you know where to look. There is a card game you can play (for money), an arcade game where you get to shoot bottles, and if you take the Chilkoot Trail, you can win big money on a dog-sled race. All of the people you can meet and the things you can learn are pretty cool, too.

I give it a four out of five. It is not as long as Oregon Trail II (a game that is comparable), and the basic stuff you do isn't as interesting, but the mini-games make it worth it, as does the information you learn about the Trail, and the graphics, music, and sound. It's not life or death, but it's still pretty fun.

I'd say it's worth buying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even worth the $7.00, July 1, 2009
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
My ten-year-old son and I played this yesterday. I think it took longer to install the game than it did to play it. I may have done something wrong when installing it, but the game screen was about a six inch by six inch square with no ability to maximize it. There was almost nothing for the player to do during the game. We love Oregon Trail and Amazon Trail. In those games, the player can fish, hunt, gather food, make decisions about which remedy to try, etc. In Yukon Trail, I felt like we were playing the demo version. All we could do was click on people to talk to them and click on places to move or dig.

1.0 out of 5 stars yukon trail was a fail, November 13, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Yukon Trail (CD-ROM)
Could not play this game because it is not compatible with windows xp or windows 7. Doesnt even work in my DOS program. So disappointed was looking forward to playing this oldie but goodie.

Yukon Trail
Yukon Trail by Learning Company (Windows 95)
$29.95 $9.99