Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yukon - NV 1x24 Goggles
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 26, 2011
When I first turned it on, I could see inside my dark room, then I when I removed the lens covers the ability to see increased like somebody had turned on a bright light. For a binocular pair I expected it to be seeing everything from the point of view from a distance, nope these binoculars allowed me to see just like normal seeing distance, I could even read a book with them. However when I went outside later that day, it was even better, I didn't expect the IR illuiminator to see that far into the woods, it was a good acre and half. Everything even seemed clearer than when I was in my room with the lights off, I guess cause everything was closer. When I looked at signs and our cars, I could read everything.

There's another button on it, still trying to figure out what it does. For around $500, this Nite-Vision is way cheaper than a Thermal-Imager, but just as effective. I will enjoy hunting with this awesome gadget.

I wear glasses, but there are these adjustments on the bottom, that allowed me to focus it so that I could see picture perfect in the dark without my glasses.
*****************************************************************************
OK, so it's been some time since I originally posted this, it's 9/2012 now,
and one thing that needs to be known,
when trying to navigate in deep brush, the IR light reflects off of leaves,
shining back at you making it hard to see. Now in open areas it's not a problem.
99 comments| 286 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2014
I've read others reviews on this item and have to say these are very nice nvg. With twenty five years experience in owning night vision equipment this is a nice item and it is not a novelty toy. To speak about the nod itself it has rubberized coating to aid in grip handling, and to absorb impact maybe a little weather resistance. The folding lens caps seem to work well I can see if you were rushing through the brush they could get damaged possibly. The visual side has a nice face fitting rubber like shroud that allows viewing through the nod when in use. The on/off switch and ir illuminator switch are covered in a thick rubber cover that requires a little more pressure to manipulate but that should be expected to ensure adequate weather resistance. Battery compartment is easy to access with no chance of accidental opening since it screws into place. Focus knob is easy to control while using with headset and stays in focus through rough use. Individual diopter focus are simple to adjust just close one eye adjust the open eye into focus then do the same for the other eye then use the main focus to bring both sight pictures into focus simple easy. Now to speak about the Gen one nv technology. In summary the newer gen one devices perform as well or better than gen two say twenty years ago do in part to nicer phosphorus screens the sight picture is displayed on. Any gen two device will cost twice as much at least to own. Performance on a cloudy dark night with the IR illuminator on range is in the 50-75 yards. On a semi clear night with about a quarter moon you can expect the same performance without the illuminator on. Semi cloudy night with a near full moon shining the rang increases to 150-175 yards with enough clarity to see rabbits in a field. Full shining moon and clear starry night I've seen deer at 250 yards enough to see antlers or whether they we're does. Using this nod around the home for security or surveillance is perfect the viewing picture is adequate if you have any experience with nods they dont have the sight picture as binoculars used in the day. Routinely I've walked around my home using these and I can see in even the darkest places behind the barn with ease,places you absolutely can not see without artificial light.
Now to speak of the head set well once it is properly adjusted it is a very secure system, not the most comfortable at first but with repeated wearing it will conform more to your size and does get more comfortable the more it's used. I really like the push button swing up latch it is very secure and repetitive to returning to zero lets say once it's sighted in. For size I'm 6'2" and 285 so I have as one might call a full face...lol. This head gear has more adjustment to fit some even larger than me, which makes it nice for me because now that it's cold I wear mine with an under armour balaclava.
IMHO these will not make it in any military spec ops gear supply but they are darn nice nvg for civilian home protection , night hunting, or just plain fun cool to have. Properly focused, properly used, properly adjusted these are the best bang for your buck in my twenty five years of using night vision devices. Your getting a great image for what used to cost more than double.
on December 12, 2011
Easy to set up and work great. Can see about 40 yds in the woods and 100 to 125 yds in a field.Better than expected.Only drawback is the covers came off when in the field--would suggest leaving them at home or in your pocket
on March 12, 2013
If you are looking for a low cost Gen 1 binoculars then I recommend this one. I could see clearly out to 200 yards under a half moon without the IR light on. When I did turn it on, the bushes close to me were so bright that the objects in the distance faded out. I moved to where there was a clear field of view and there was no problem. My friend was on the other side of a field about 200 yards from me. When using the IR light I could tell where he was and vice versa. This is an advantage when hunting pigs at night by knowing where the other hunter is so as not to shoot in their direction. I used NVG in the military in the 80's. I would put these as good as those. I really liked the adjustment in the center for large scale focusing then using the individual fine tuners that each eye piece has. It really makes for clear viewing especially out to 100 to 150 yards.
on December 13, 2012
After researching, these are probably the best goggles out for the money. You can see great with these things. The lens caps help in brighter situations and also when trying to read something. I found the infrared light to be very helpful in extremely low light conditions. The headset is fairly comfortable and provides a stable night vision system when fitted correctly. I would give this a 4 our of 5. The infrared light will give your position away if you are to close or looking at it directly head on, it's not horrible, but I would take that into consideration if stealth is what you want.. Overall, good 1st generation night vision, would purchase again.,
review image review image review image
on May 11, 2012
I already own a Yukon DNV 5x50 monocular and wanted a binocular goggle that could be used while moving around in the dark. I was already very impressed with the Yukon product and checked out a lot of reviews on this goggle setup. More than I initially wanted (or needed) to spend, but when they got here, WOW! The learning curve was short for me since I had already learned on my monocular. What really surprised me was how bright they are without being turned on! There was a little light from the sky, although it was raining, but the picture allowed me to see the back of our pasture almost 250 yards away. I could see the horses and distinguish them at that distance! For absolute darkness the IR will brighten things up, but without being turned on and with the lens covers open, amazing. The one power magnification is still good, especially in the hands free mode.
I cannot believe the quality of the image on a unit this price! If you are looking for a set of night vision binoculars with headgear (which is comfortable and appears to be well made), this is a great buy. BTW, the Sightmark and Firefield brands appear to be made by the same company, but the Yukon seems to me to have the best prices. Just my two cents.Yukon Tracker Goggle 1X24 Binocular
11 comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2014
Didn't seem that heavy when I picked them up, but they sure weigh on you after awhile.

There was no issue with illumination either with or without the assist of the IR batteries. And I will also mention that I accidentally left them on all night long and the batteries were still going. By the way, it doesn't come with batteries, so be prepared to buy some expensive 3-volts.

My only complaint, and the reason I didn't rate it higher is because the field of vision was sort of fish-eyed, which made walking through the woods awkward.
on January 11, 2013
The product works great for hunting at night allowing you to see all around your general area during complete darkness. However the Generation 1 technology is not at all for seeing well in distances, nor star-gazing. It relies on the IR flashlight which only illuminates about 200ft to 300ft. I also found the on/off and IR buttons to be very tricky and requiring a very firm press. To get the binoculars to rest properly on your face using the headgear took quite a bit of adjusting & very uncomfortable to wear.
on February 19, 2014
Love the goggles - they have excellent resolution and clarity. The head mount system fit tight and had enough adjustment to be comfortable and stable. Only issue I had was fogging, which could have been due to being too tight to my face? Other than that, I have no complaints. Love them. I also have the Yukon 1x24 monocular, which I actually like even more than these.
on January 17, 2014
They are Gen 1, so if you aren't familiar with Gen 1 nvg, then you should research to see if this generation night vision is right for you. I knew what to expect with them, and they not only meet the standard, but seem to exceed them. I'm very happy with the optics. The image is clear and easy to adjust the focal point. Haven't had to change the battery yet after a couple of months of occasional use. The buttons you have to push really hard to turn on, but I guess that's to prevent accidental activation. The built in IR illuminator is more than adequate for 200m.

$-stars because the head gear has sharp edges. I put some black duct tape over the plastic parts and it is now more comfotable to wear, but it probably could still use dome refining. Also, the way the goggles were packaged, the side of the rubber eyepiece is bent and takes a bit of training the rubber to fix. Otherwise, fully functional, and happy with the operation. I would both recommend and buy again.