- Item Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- ASIN: B00DE2PVTG
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (216 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #83,170 in Kitchen & Dining (See Top 100 in Kitchen & Dining) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Yumbox Leakproof Bento Lunch Box Container (Framboise Pink) for Kids
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Favorite things about the Yumbox:
(1) It really is leak-proof. We put in yogurt, ketchup, applesauce, mandarin oranges, berries, cheese shreds, chips and they all stay in their container/area. I love love love this for preschool aged/toddler kids. LOVE.
(2) It seems pretty sturdy. We don’t toss these things around, but we aren't super gentle either and I have yet to have them unlatch or crack. This is with about 3 months of use. The outside doesn’t look pristine, but I don’t really care, and my daughter hasn’t mentioned it.
(3) The” dip-dip” spot in the middle is PERFECT. It is small enough that you can put some chocolate chips or jelly beans if you want, or you can put ketchup for dipping leftover hamburger, or mustard for bologna - it is the perfect size in my opinion and it is so nice to not have to waste a large portion of the lunchbox area for dipping needs (a complaint of mine about Planetbox).
(4) This fits into a lot of lunchbags – I think the majority of “flat” type lunch bags out there would work. I put it in our flat lunch bags from Garnet Hill, which has the following dimensions: 10 1/4" H x 8 1/4" W x 3" D. And there is room to spare all over. I think it would fit the majority of “flat” lunch boxes, including the PBK Classic Lunch Bag (6.75" wide x 3" deep x 7.5" high) and the LB Bean Lunch Box (9"H x 7"W x 4"D).Read more ›
What I don't like about it: it is quite heavy without anything in it; when you put food in it, it's even heavier! Also, I wish there was a bit of room to fit a utensil in there, like a small spoon in case I put in some yogurt and such. I would love if it came with a thermal cover or something that you could use to keep contents hot or cold.
However, I love it so much I will most likely be buying one for my son too. Highly recommended.
1) It's really best if you use this inside of an insulated lunch bag. The box is not big, and does not have extra room for utensils, coldpack, drink or additional food. I bought this:
and it fits lots of extras, including a sandwich box, which leads me to...
2) It doesn't hold a ton of food. For an all-in-one solution, you might look into a planet rover, which is much more expensive, but holds more food. For our family, one box holds lunch for my 3-year-old, but he gets additional snack at preschool. For my 5-year-old, we provide morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack, and the box doesn't hold enough for him. So I throw an extra sandwich in his lunchbag and that seems to be about right. The box itself doesn't hold a sandwich (or you have to gerry-rig it to do so), but I actually see that as a feature, since it means my kid gets a more varied diet for most of the day. I think of it as sandwich-plus-sides, and viewed that way, it's a GREAT solution.
3) You have to buy/make food that makes sense for the compartments... it's not as flexible as a more traditional bento. FWIW, raisinets or TJs mini peanut-butter cups are the perfect way to use the dip compartment for dessert, but anything bigger is a little clugey. It will hold one hershey kiss or a couple of gummy bears if you kind of squoosh them. But unless you're willing to trade one of the main compartments for dessert, that's about it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My kids ages 6, 9 and 10 have a good appetite and this box would only suffice for a small snack for them. The compartments are small, great for a toddler age 1 to 3.Published 1 month ago by T. S.
We've been using this for over 2 years and it is still my daughters favorite lunch box. I took the Yumbox out of the dishwasher at the beginning of summer and stored it with the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by CandyM
This is a good lunch box. I love the drawings inside the clear tray to suggest what to put in that part.Published 1 month ago by Ashley West
We've had my daughters yumbox for over a year and it still works great. She uses it every day and is not a gentle child. I bought this one for myself and I no co paints. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Theresa Thompson
Loved it for the design and function until I put the container (the part that closes) into the dishwasher (top rack). Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amir Pedram
Best invention ever! Love that my 4 year old can open it herself, saves on packaging and is easy for a well balanced diet.Published 9 months ago by w
you can't go wrong, even for the price. My daughter loves eating out of it, and dipping her food in the "sauce" container. Never spills, great for traveling too!Published 9 months ago by Robert P