5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book
My husband and I love this book. After reading this one, we decided to purchase the entire series (all are great, but this one is still our favorite). The artwork is unique and pretty, using "scrap fabric" and watercolors. It also teaches sharing in a fun way. I definitely recommend this book.
Published 23 months ago by Beast

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but I'm Still Looking for a Book on Sharing
Published 20 months ago by PinkBird

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but I'm Still Looking for a Book on Sharing, January 19, 2013
PinkBird (Ocean Springs, MS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yummy Ice Cream: A Book About Sharing (Hello, Friends!) (Board book)
This book is cute, but I wouldn't really say that it is about sharing. While 2 characters (Panda and Sheep) do share with a third character (Owl), it seems that the owl is a bit passive aggressive and never asks for some ice cream outright, but just implies he wants some, "that ice cream looks so good!" I hate it when people complement things in the hope to get some or try some rather than just saying "can I have some?" so why would I like a children's book whose characters do that? The actual word share or sharing never comes up in the book, it's all implied, so be prepared to talk about and explain what's going on to your young child (i.e. Owl repeatedly mentions how good Panda and Sheep's ice cream looks so eventually they each give him some, so he ends up with 2 cones...to me this implies that nagging and hinting will get you more than you wanted to begin with).

I do like the images in this book, they are really cute and calming. However, some parts seem almost too pastel and made the details difficult to see. I will keep this book because it's cute and my child likes it, but I will also keep looking for a better book about sharing; one with more of a lesson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, October 16, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute book, January 29, 2012
One of our regular bedtime stories. We initially discovered this book at our public library and were drawn to it by the picture and few words. We ended up buying it through Amazon because our girls (1 & 3) love it so much. Fun, simple pictures and a good simple story about sharing with friends that was easy enough for my 3 year old to pick up on.

Yummy Ice Cream: A Book About Sharing (Hello, Friends!)
Yummy Ice Cream: A Book About Sharing (Hello, Friends!) by Emma Quay (Board book - April 14, 2011)
$5.99 $5.39