Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 19, 2013
This book is cute, but I wouldn't really say that it is about sharing. While 2 characters (Panda and Sheep) do share with a third character (Owl), it seems that the owl is a bit passive aggressive and never asks for some ice cream outright, but just implies he wants some, "that ice cream looks so good!" I hate it when people complement things in the hope to get some or try some rather than just saying "can I have some?" so why would I like a children's book whose characters do that? The actual word share or sharing never comes up in the book, it's all implied, so be prepared to talk about and explain what's going on to your young child (i.e. Owl repeatedly mentions how good Panda and Sheep's ice cream looks so eventually they each give him some, so he ends up with 2 cones...to me this implies that nagging and hinting will get you more than you wanted to begin with).

I do like the images in this book, they are really cute and calming. However, some parts seem almost too pastel and made the details difficult to see. I will keep this book because it's cute and my child likes it, but I will also keep looking for a better book about sharing; one with more of a lesson.
on March 3, 2015
The children in my three year old class love the story of sharing while I enjoy the illustrations as well. Opens up for a delightful discussion on friends and feelings. I would be interested in other books by this author.
on January 29, 2012
One of our regular bedtime stories. We initially discovered this book at our public library and were drawn to it by the picture and few words. We ended up buying it through Amazon because our girls (1 & 3) love it so much. Fun, simple pictures and a good simple story about sharing with friends that was easy enough for my 3 year old to pick up on.
on October 16, 2012
My husband and I love this book. After reading this one, we decided to purchase the entire series (all are great, but this one is still our favorite). The artwork is unique and pretty, using "scrap fabric" and watercolors. It also teaches sharing in a fun way. I definitely recommend this book.
on November 16, 2015
My daughter loves these books. We have all the others and I can't wait to give this one to her for Christmas. Super cute characters and the use of fabric to create the pictures is wonderful! Sturdy board books that will last a long time. Bedtime here we come.