on September 11, 2014
I'll keep this short and to the point.

The Yurbuds work, and stay in your ears. Nothing extra.

I have used a number of other ear buds in the same price catagory so I will compare.

When it comes to rich sound, or a little bass, these Yurbuds don't quite hit the mark. However, it's a clean sound that's functional.
The main reason why I puchased these ear buds is because I wanted some that wouldn't fall out, and they live up to that promise. Other standard earbuds fall out easily compared to these. They can also handle your sweat. Before I got these I would go through a pair ever month or two (usually skull candy) but so far, this one pair has lasted me three times that length and I can be donig up to three hours of cardio per day.

So, buy these if you need buds that won't fall out, but don't buy them for a fantastic sound.
on May 17, 2013
I wanted to like these earbuds. I really did. I bought them to replace a pair of sport headphones that I lost, but unfortunately they just don't fit the bill. They have a neat idea: the earbuds are supposed to twist into your ears and lock securely into place. But in practice, it doesn't work so well.

First, you should understand what you're getting when you buy these earbuds. From the pictures they look like they might be earbuds crafted out of soft silicone so that you can sort of mold them to your ears. That is not the case. They are cheap, low quality earbuds (worse even than the ones that came with the first iPods) with an equally cheap looking silicone cap that is supposed to serve the dual purpose of fitting the buds to your ears and channeling sound. The silicone caps can slip off fairly easily, though I've so far managed to avoid losing them.

The upshot of all this is that sound quality is quite poor. This isn't too big a deal for me, as I'm not an audiophile, and I especially don't care about sound quality when I'm working out. Volume is more than adequate. But you should at least understand what you're buying. These are very low quality headphones--you can get Sony phones for around the same price with much better quality sound. I spent $20 on these, including shipping, because I had a $10 coupon, and I definitely wouldn't spend more than that, even if they fit me perfectly.

Unfortunately they don't. I have probably slightly smaller than average sized ears for a man my size (6'1", 165 lbs). The left earbud fits very well. It locks into place securely, and it has never come out. However, it does feel slightly too large. It doesn't really hurt, but it's not super comfortable, either. The real problem is the right ear. Try as I might, I can't seem to get it to lock the way the left one will. Since the sleeves on the earbuds are cheap silicone, you can move them around to adjust the fit. I've tried everything, but no matter what I do, the right earbud will slip out after about half an hour of jogging.

If these fit comfortably and securely, they'd be four or five star headphones despite the poor sound quality. But they don't. If you buy them, you're taking a risk--the twist 'n' lock technology is a neat idea, but it only works if they fit your ears perfectly. And unfortunately it's very distracting to deal with an earbud that keeps slipping out while you exercise. Given that solving that problem is the primary reason for these earbuds to exist, I can't give them a passing grade.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 23, 2013
Verified Purchase
I wanted to give these a couple times of use before writing this review. I bought these to replace my $5 Skull Candy's which, for something 6 times as expensive they perform no better.

So far I have used them for 3 runs and I bike ride. The bike ride they worked ok. As far as the run they came out after just 2 miles. The right seems to lock in better than the left one. I watched the video on how to "twist and lock," but these just don't seem to twist and lock right in both ears, tugging the wires down seems to help, but have to be very careful to tug moderately at just the right downward angle. It has been about 105 heat index so sweating is a big issue and after they come out trying to tweak them again is pretty much hopeless.

The sound is ok, these aren't priced like the high end and they are for sports so I wasn't expecting much, maybe a little better than a $5 pair, but they are not any better.

Over all very disappointed and probably going to return them. I also bought a pair of JBuds J2 Premium Hi-FI and they work almost just as well for less than $7.

All in all my I read the reviews before buying and these seem to be good for a lot of people so I might just need to get a custom molded kit or clips, I so wanted these to work well.
on January 4, 2015
I bought these from a big box store after I lost my apple headphones that I usually wear to the gym. I wanted something similar to my apple headphones without the $30 price tag. From the package, I couldn't really tell that these had silicone covers on them, which I hate. Since I had already torn the package apart and thrown it away, I decided I should give these a chance since I can't return them. They are awful. I read the instructions on how to wear them (twist and lock) and could only get it to work in my right ear. The sound quality is horrific. The silicone covers feel so awful that I took them off and tried to wear the headphones alone and they were just terrible. They hurt my ears whether I wear them with the covers or not and the sound quality was horrible. I'm really disappointed that I now have to go buy another pair of headphones.
on January 3, 2015
Verified Purchase
The sound is decent but the "locking in" of them is pointless. Kept hurting my ears and would easily come out. I emailed the company and told them I needed a smaller size and they sent a reply saying I needed it to be bigger. I received the new rubber pieces and they would barely fit into my ear they were so big. I emailed once again and got a reply back saying I needed to mail the headphones to them and they would send me the women's version so the pieces would be smaller. Got tired of it so I just went out and bought some cheap headphones that work way better.
on September 9, 2013
Verified Purchase
As an avid runner, one of the annoyances while running is ear buds not staying in your ears due to impact. This product fits perfectly in the ear canal (and if it doesn't the company will send you a different size). And it doesn't hurt. Great product, I'd recommend it to anyone!
on October 23, 2012
Verified Purchase
They can work loose but these are the most secure earbuds I have ever owned. The sound quality is more than acceptable for the gym.
on July 26, 2014
I was very tired of earphones purported to have an extremely snug fit and that would not fall out of one's ears during physical exercise.

Yurbuds seemed attractive as they seemed to guarantee staying in at all times.

Fit: While they did stay in pretty snugly and well during the initial part of a run, after a while when my ear hole got sweaty, they invariably popped out. It got so irritating that I took to carrying tissue paper with me when I ran so that when they popped out due to sweat inside my ear hole, I would try to quickly dab the earbud and my ear hole dry. However, this did not really help and the earbud continued to pop out. So much for "guaranteeing" not popping out. To exacerbate things, the earbud cover seemed to move around and come off pretty easily with respect to the earphone itself, and mine slid off and fell into a drain!

Sound: Sound is not abysmmal, but average at best.

Cable length: As runners know, cable whip is hugely irritating. I have no idea why the yurbuds cable is inordinately long. It caused immense discomfort and I had to buy a separate cable wrap tool to wrap the crazily long wires around and allow me to run without the lengthy tentacle billowing wildly and slapping me.

Overall: Maybe it's just me having strangely shaped or sweaty ears, but this product really disappointed me in terms of fit. The buds themselves slip off easily, plus the length of the cable is just plain ridiculous. I stopped using mine and have bought a wireless Plantronics BackBeat Go 2, for which I am very pleased with as it stays in place very well (and the product doesn't even guarantee it won't fall out), the fact that it is wireless means that cable length and cable whipping is a thing of the past, and sound quality is very respectable. Avoid the Yurbuds product.
on September 10, 2014
Verified Purchase
I'm not a buyer of high-end ear buds. At my age my hearing isn't acute enough to hear much of the nuance of music through headphones, but I do like the sound to be much better than if I were holding a can and string up to my ears. That being said, these are the best earphones I've ever owned. When I first put them on, the bass response actually startled me and the middles and highs were present and clear --without any adjustment to my player. The "stays in your ears" feature actually works; you give them a twist in your ear and they stay put, as well as keeping out sweat. You can hear ambient noise just fine, but unless there's a high wind or other competing sound, you continue to hear the audio just fine.

I don't agree with other reviewers who report that the plastic earbuds fall off easily. I think those reviewers must be actually pulling the buds off to clean them and I don't believe that's the manufacturers' intentions. I clean mine with a mini-fiber cloth well moistened (but not soggy) with rubbing alcohol without removing them from the actual earpieces.

The reason I didn't give these earphone five stars is that there is no inline control --no mute off, or volume control. I like them VERY much, and would buy them again if I needed to replace.
on March 17, 2015
These aren't a bad set of headphones when you have all the components together. They stay in place once "locked in" and the sound quality is better than other sport headphones you'd find at most big box stores. Though honestly, this improvement is probably more related to how they fit in the ears rather than the quality of the audio hardware.

The biggest problem with these is that the silicone tips will eventually fall off. They're easy enough to place back on the headphones provided you didn't lose the tips. However, given that these are marketed for sports and active users, more likely than not you will lose the tips sooner or later. Without the silicone tips, these earbuds are next to useless. They clearly were not designed to fit in an ear at all without the tip.

I've gone through 2 sets of these headphones due to lost tips. Additional tips were not included in the initial packaging and are not generally available in stores. After losing the first set of tips I simply bought another pair because I needed headphones immediately and didn't want to wait to order more tips. After losing the second set of tips, I can safely say I'm done with this brand.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations