5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best headphones for riding and running
Published 23 months ago by Stephen Yates

1.0 out of 5 stars Yur Buds
Published on March 17, 2012 by Stephen G. Weiss

1.0 out of 5 stars Yur Buds, March 17, 2012
I just ran the DC half marathon (3.17.2012) and was convinced by a sales person that Yur Buds was perfect for me even though I explained that when I sweat most buds fall out so I wear over the ear headphones. The sales person said the Yur Buds never fall out and were sweat resistant once they were in the ear. WRONG! Two miles into the 13.1 miles the Yur Buds fell out and would not go back in. I ran 11.1 miles without music. I carried the darn things all the way to the finish line because I want my money back. Let's see how the guarantee works. So if you sweat and have had trouble with ear buds before this is not the product for you. Do not waste your money on this product.

Follow-up: 3.29.2012. I called the company and they told me to mail the buds back with an explanation and I'd get a refund once they called me to confirm my credit card number. I sent a letter with the buds explaining what happened. It cost me $11 to mail the buds to the company. Today I received a new box of buds and a very nice hand written note telling me to call for the refund. When I called the person who wrote the note answered the phone, congratulated me on my run, apologized for the buds and told me to enjoy my new buds or give them to a friend. She then asked for my credit card number and issued me a refund (not for the postage though). Now that is customer service! Maybe they sell a product I can use; if they do I'll buy it from them. I am a satisfied customer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Inspiring..., March 24, 2012
I run and bike nearly every day, and I'm a musician as well... so I've been searching for the perfect ear buds. Like clockwork, my usual ear buds slip out near the last mile thanks to sweat... and they seem to last only a few months before the sound degrades (most likely, again, from sweat). So when I saw these ear buds, I was truly excited. I'll break down my thoughts on 2 points of the tech specs:

1. Earphones that will never fall out and never hurt

True! I don't think these earbuds will ever fall out. The patented "Ear-Lock Technology" definitely works. But, be careful. I accidentally caught the cable on my bike's handle bar, and it nearly ripped my left ear off. Perhaps they'll never fall out, but they do have the potential to hurt!

2. 3 Button Dry Mic made for iPod, iPhone, and iPad

I haven't used the Dry Mic yet, but the button functionality works perfectly with my iPhone 4, better than the iPhone's ear phones, IMO.

I won't belabor my points: I love these ear phones as a runner, I endure them as a musician; they stay in perfectly tight when I run and bike, but they sound mediocre at best. They allow outside noise, so if your music is quiet (e.g., a soft ballad, classical, etc.) you'll hear the muted thud of the wires and the central controller piece as it beats against your chest. I believe it comes with a clamp, which might negate this problem, but I misplaced mine off the bat. Regardless, for me, functionality overcomes the sound quality shortfall...

If you're looking for great sound, look elsewhere. But if you want earbuds that will stay in for your entire run/workout, these are what you've been looking for!

5 for functionality.
2 for sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best headphones for riding and running, September 22, 2012
After many hours of use on a bike, running, and in the gym Yurbuds fit securely, with no soreness, and no problem with sweat. They are not intended to be a top of the line sound experience. For safety, you are able to hear what's around you. But for enjoying familiar music, listening to satellite radio or audiobooks, or taking a hands free call during a long ride, Yurbuds work great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not "Water Resistant", October 12, 2011
I've gone through about 5 sets of earphones now for my iPhone, and none of them seem to do what a I want. Simply, I want to wear them while I am running, and have the ability to use the controls for the iPod, and also use a the mic for phone calls. I tried these out when they arrived. The fit was awesome. Called my cousin, the mic worked very well. Played with my iPod on the iPhone, and all the controls worked well. The sound was so-so, but given the little ear trumpets that keep them in place, I wasn't surprised, and it was "good enough".
Then I field tested these earbuds designed by "athletes for athletes". They even have a cool ironman figure on them (they actually look pretty cool with the red and black design). All good for the first few miles. Ran about 7.5 miles and worked up a decent sweat. Well, at the end of the run the controls and the mic were kaput. Couldn't talk to anyone on the phone. The volume buttons didn't work. I could start and stop the iPod, but nothing else. Then songs started skipping when I wasn't asking them to skip. All mucked up. It seems my sweat from the first workout ruined the controls. The product description says something like "water resistant" and that it even works in the rain. Well, mine didn't hold up.
You can buy these buds without the controls for about $20 less. I was impressed enough with the comfort and fit that I am going to return this "pro" model and order the lesser buds. They'll still work for workouts, but I'll have to manually control the iPod. Still better than any other straight earphones I've had as far as fit and comfort. I really wish the controls worked, would have loved these buds and I'd be able to say "These Buds for You!" But not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and snug, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Yurbuds Sports Earphones Ironman Inspire Pro Earphones - Black (Electronics)
These headsets are just as they advertise. They don't come out while you are running and they are comfortable. Sound quality is good and you can hear traffic if you need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE, January 28, 2013
I have really small ears and the it is a pain in the butt trying to find headphones that won't fall out.. I can't wear the over the ear type because my ears are so small but the buds usually fall out .... I was hopeless until YURBUDS came into my life!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mic does NOT work with Andriod, October 15, 2013
Mic didn't work with my Sprint GS3. Sent them back and got the Signature Series LaMichael James Black which support Android mic function and feel a lot better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite effective for jogging, August 26, 2013
Amazon Customer "jlarke" (Saline, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
My greatest concern was to find earbuds that would stay firmly in my ears without interfering with my ability to hear cars or dogs as I run. In that regard, these are flawless; they don't move about at all and I can hear fairly well (as the music allows, of course). I gave them four stars instead of five because they are very microphonic. A breeze running over them sounds like a storm. If my stride isn't smooth, I hear the impact of my foot on the ground with rather too much clarity.

Overall sound quality is only decent, not comparable to serious listening headphones, but then I wear these for exercise. When I'm working out, I'm not listening for the slightest tough of a fingertip on a classical guitar string. I just want to hear music, or my audiobook. These do just fine for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars great service from Yurbuds, April 27, 2013
Sarah (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
These ended up being too big for my ears. I contacted the company for the free smaller earbud covers ("enhancers" as they call them) as they offer on the package. Their reply was very prompt. They ended up telling me I needed to return them for a smaller overall pair, not just smaller covers. I did have to pay for the shipping for the return, but was overall happy about the experience. I suggest that before you buy you check out their website and contact them for sizing advice (they have a link for that).

I use the earbuds for sleeping sometimes and find them comfortable (some earbuds give me pressure sores with several nights use, these do not) and they stay in better than regular ones too not just when exercising but also when sleeping.

2.0 out of 5 stars Used for riding my bike to work, November 25, 2012
These fit in my ears perfectly and don't fall out, in that respect they work perfectly. Everything else about them is poor.
First off the microphone hangs so far away from my face that people can't hear what I'm saying, I have to either hold the mic up to my mouth or tie the headphones together.
Secondly the controls don't work with Android. With Android devices making up the largest portion of the market it would be nice if this fact was better advertised.
I feel like I paid for the ear pieces and got a second rate headphone system included.

Rate and Discover Movies